REMOVAL of PORN from INACTIVEWORLDS (Community)

REMOVAL of PORN from INACTIVEWORLDS // Community

1  |

m a r c u s

Jun 2, 2001, 8:30am
I would like to inform people that I went to a location at Inactiveworlds to
check to see if they still were keeping porn up for people to view, and I
found out that the account outside of Inactiveworlds holding the porn was
completely closed. Inactiveworlds did nothing to contribute to the cleaning
of porn, but the people who did report it to the service provider were able
to influence them enough to take a look at the files referenced and not only
did they remove it but I repeat their account was closed.

Porn should not be here, and regardless if inactiveworlds will do nothing
about it, it is nice to see that people can come together to get rid of this
crap. Now, Inactiveworlds, want to explain why you allowed this smut to
stay here? Want to comment on why we have to go through these means just to
clean up your business?

chucks party

Jun 2, 2001, 9:44am
Yes marcus you tell em, lol But it's really amazing how they can find time
and cause to ban me for putting signs on a Cit owned world with links to my
website, but can't follow up reports of porn and do absolutely nothing to
stop it from being shown in public. Just freaking amazing isn't it. Plain
and simple, they only do what suits them and they SUCK! Any moron can figure
that out, LOL

[View Quote]

nornny

Jun 2, 2001, 9:45am
I don't get it...

AWCOM DID do something in removing the porn. You said they did remove it.
After they were given notice that porn was available there, they closed the
account and removed the porn objects.

Granted, it takes some times, but hey, it's only an army of a few against
millions of coordinates of lands that they own. Can't get everything done in
haste. If you had never told them, most likely, they would've never known.
They can't really keep track of that stuff really.

Nornny

[View Quote]

chucks party

Jun 2, 2001, 9:52am
Oh please Nornny, it only took them 3 days to get me banned, don't make
excuses for them, sheesh

[View Quote]

chucks party

found out that the account outside of Inactiveworlds holding the porn was
completely closed. Inactiveworlds did nothing to contribute to the cleaning
of porn, but the people who did report it to the service provider were able
to influence them enough to take a look at the files referenced and not only
did they remove it but I repeat their account was closed.

This was not done by AW.com, it was done by some outside company, they took
action after reviewing the files, not AW.com. So quick to defend AW.com you
didn't even read the post correctly, I think everyone in here is brainwashed
or something to believe AW is looking out for your best intrests cause their
not.

[View Quote]

wing

Jun 2, 2001, 12:06pm
Because you were an ACTIVE problem that generated *many* complaints. And obviously didn't learn a thing about it.

WOOHOO. Started two sentences with conjunctions! I'm really gonna pass this grammar test next week.
[View Quote]

chucks party

Jun 2, 2001, 12:32pm
Yes I learned alot all of which was not good and certainly nothing you had
to offer wing, well maybe a few things I found I did not like about you, lol
I've been on this Earth alot longer than you wing and I know what I'm
talking about and I know abuse of power when I see it and I know when people
like you reply to my posts only to insult me that you are a little premature
SNERT ejaculator who hasn't got the wisdom to know better.

[View Quote]

wing

Jun 2, 2001, 2:12pm
Harsh words and namecalling. VERY mature. Age is not a valid way to judge people, I know 30 year olds who don't understand that the
law exists and I know 12 year olds who can outscore 90% of the adult population on intelligence tests, I know 30 year olds with zero
common sense, and I know 12 year olds who have more of it than the entire city of Baltimore.

First, PKs DO NOT and CAN NOT ban accounts. AWCI does this. You were making a whole big tizzy about everything in the newsgroups and
in general pissing EVERYBODY off. And then there are porn objects way out in the middle of nowhere. ONE person complains. If you
were AWCI, would you take care of the idiot who is making everybody go nuts or porno that one or two people have complained about?
Get a clue, n00b. Now that I found a 3rd party patch that fixed OE's filters to work 100% of the time, I intend to use them.
[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Jun 2, 2001, 3:31pm
Nope, I can prove that the account was not closed by Active Worlds. I went
to the location, and the AW account is still there alive and kicking. But
where the pic was showing is now static. Why static? cause someone ELSE
did something about it. I went to the account where the pics were stored
and their account was closed on that server, NOT INACTIVEWORLDS.

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Jun 2, 2001, 3:35pm
If only one person complained, how come it was removed by another "group" of
people. Apparently, there is a contradiction there. You can't have a group
close an account that holds porn and call them 1 person. There are people
within a group, at least that is my understanding of the definition behind
"group".

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Jun 2, 2001, 3:38pm
I can prove that Inactiveworlds did nothing. I went to the location where
the porn was, and all I saw was static, but the account for AW was still
there alive and kicking. Why static, because some other group who housed
the porn closed that account holding the porn, not INACTIVEWORLDS. They
have done nothing about it like removing the smut from their server. I am
just happy some other organization did.

[View Quote]

m a r c u s

Jun 2, 2001, 3:40pm
Well, it's nice to see one person out there knows how to read posts.

[View Quote]

jfk2

Jun 2, 2001, 7:41pm
As one PK told me... "WING" is correct... The PK's can't ban someone...
And yes only AWCOM can...
BUT... Here is the thing...

2 different examples will be taken & see which one you would EJECT osmeone
on and maybe forever...
These will be EXAMOPLES and not some real thing...

REPORT #1 by PKE 1 [PKE 1 = PK Example #1]
USER JONNYJOE Cit # ABC123
Cussed at JOHN and DEFACED his build. Harrassment JOHN for the 5 time
in 3 days and has had their account locked down 2x.
My recomdation is to delete this person right now.

OR THIS ONE... SAME INCIDENT BUT A DIFFERENT REPORT.

REPORT #2 by PKE 2 [PKE 2 = PK Example #2]
USER JONNYJOE Cit # ABC123
Cussed at JOHN but latter appologised that he did wrong and says he
will not do it again.
Defaced his build but corrected it when given the coice of losing his account
and he chose to be smart and make it right.
Hassassed John 5 times in 2 days because he mistakenly thought John had
defaced his own build but after being informed he made a serious mistake
appologised & never to do that again.

NOW... Take your pick.... SAME thing... TWO different reports...
#1 gets booted forever or #2 gets booted forever

The PK didn't do the BOOT...
But when AWCOM reads both of those & they make a decison... Who gets the
forever boot & who does not?

THAT IS WHAT WE MEAN... DELETE ALL THE PK'S IS THE BEST ANSWER...

wing <bathgate at prodigy.net> wrote in <3b191074 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Harsh words and namecalling. VERY mature. Age is not a valid way to
>judge people, I know 30 year olds who don't understand that the law
>exists and I know 12 year olds who can outscore 90% of the adult
>population on intelligence tests, I know 30 year olds with zero common
>sense, and I know 12 year olds who have more of it than the entire city
>of Baltimore.
>
>First, PKs DO NOT and CAN NOT ban accounts. AWCI does this. You were
>making a whole big tizzy about everything in the newsgroups and in
>general pissing EVERYBODY off. And then there are porn objects way out
>in the middle of nowhere. ONE person complains. If you were AWCI, would
>you take care of the idiot who is making everybody go nuts or porno that
>one or two people have complained about? Get a clue, n00b. Now that I
>found a 3rd party patch that fixed OE's filters to work 100% of the
>time, I intend to use them. "chucks party" <Chucks_Party at hotmail.com>
[View Quote]

chucks party

Jun 2, 2001, 8:08pm
yes please use them and be sure to use it on yourself too because you have a
way of making absolutely no sense. I don't know how you can even stand
reading your own posts, lol

[View Quote]

just in

Jun 4, 2001, 12:34am
Although there should be a link on AWComms web page to it, there is at AW GZ
a unique trash can with the following web address:
http://www.awcommunity.org/get

The GET (Garbage Elimination Team) will remove any porn within a few days.
By porn I mean showing nipples or pubic hair. Obviously its a team made up
of AW Cits and not AWComm staff (refer the web page). Also I know from past
experience dealing with the PKs that everything is recorded and logged and
must be sent to AWComm once the work is done. So as with all things it
would have to take a few days. No AW Cit has the power to close or suspend
another users account.

If you have a place you thing should be reviewed by the GET then submit your
form to them. My immediate reply to anyone saying they didn't get service
about deleting a porn site is... "did you submit your form to the right
place?"

Regards, Justin