Usage of Disabled Citizen (General Discussion)

Usage of Disabled Citizen // General Discussion

1  2  3  |

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 5:42pm
1. God class... WTF? This isn't a silly game.
2. Those console messages weren't spoofed.
3. Why would I have eject rights? uh?

Strike, yoooooooouuuuu sooooo crazy!

-Joe

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 5:51pm
I'll try to put this into terms you can understand. Ok, if captain picard
were to access the warp drive through the trans-comboulator, he would
recieve a klingon in the transporter. So, starship guards would need to
switch their phasers from STUN to KILL and shoot the offender. Now, the
warp drive will overheat, causing scotty to gain 20 more pounds. This would
offset the transdimensional hyper-drive's settings, and the whole ship would
end up in alpha sector 55324-K in the Kalamadon arm of the universe. This
offset would cause a rip in the time/space fabric, and suck the ship
through, crew and all. Sooooo, after a bit of falling through the hole in
space, you'd come out near the Vegogon sector of 73.44-J quadrant.

What that roughly means in "normal-speak", is... Dont post in HTML or you'll
end up with a dead klingon and stranded.

-Joe

You entertain me Joe... the damned things up on fakeplastic.com but you
still amuse me...

starfleet

Aug 11, 2003, 5:59pm
With peperoni!

[View Quote] :D

Psst... watch it.. html bashers a-commin

Lol

~John

[View Quote]

binarybud

Aug 11, 2003, 6:06pm
hey joeman,
How's come the text for the telegrams has a different "white" background than that of the rest of the text? just curious.

Leo :)

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 6:08pm
Oh, wait... you thought the telegram was a spoofed console message? ;) As
you can seee.... they're real telegrams; just check the telegrams tab. ;D

-Joe

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 6:22pm
Hmmm, you are correct. But, that would be good ole' JPG compression.
Really... Would I go through sizing the text just right, getting the right
color, and positioning it ever-so-perfectly, just to leave the background on
my "forgery" an off-white? I think not. Anyway, I am much to unmotivated
to put together an elaborate fake together, its rather easy just to receive
a telegram from the "uniserver". So, no, its not a fake, although it might
be very compressed... I think I set the quality down to the low 40's. I
guess I could snap a higher res one, if there is any doubt.

-Joe

[View Quote]

binarybud

Aug 11, 2003, 6:32pm
:)

[View Quote] Yeah, he's right. It'd be easier to program a bot to do it for him then
editing it by hand (god that's hard as hell).

No of SETI units returned: 69
Processing time: 57 days, 10 hours.
(Total hours: 1378)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

john

Aug 11, 2003, 7:36pm
A dead klingon would be interesting because they don't atcually exist

~John

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 9:48pm
Yeah, that's what they want you to think. I have a rotting klingon corpse
in my living room at the moment. When you have one too, you will believe!

-Joe

"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote in
news:3f377836 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Why has everybody taken this that I want a refund?
>
> If you read carefully you will notice that i'm saying AW ARE
> IMPERSONATING ME and that IMPERSONATING ME is against INTERNATIONAL &
> US COMPANY LAW according to Strike Rapier.

You can't be certain it's still your citizenship. If it's not, then they
aren't doing anything illegal. Anyway, I'm not certain if logging on to
user accounts like this is illegal. Talk to a lawyer if you're really that
interested. Sorry Strike, but I think we should leave this up to the pros.

"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote in
news:3f3778e0 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> SWE, you may just have something there, nowhere does the EULA say that
> they may terminate without refund of the time left!
>
> Maybe I should demand one?

I don't think you've got the right to one either.

ok, say you rent a tv (im pretty sure u sign a contract for that), they cant
take it back 2 months into the renting without a refund. you agree to pay a
certain amount, for a certain service. if you dont get it (the 1 yr) then
they didnt fill in thier part of the deal, and you deserve a full refund,
since the contract was terminated by them.

-SWE

"swe" <swe at swe-e.com> wrote in news:3f399f36 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> ok, say you rent a tv (im pretty sure u sign a contract for that),
> they cant take it back 2 months into the renting without a refund. you
> agree to pay a certain amount, for a certain service. if you dont get
> it (the 1 yr) then they didnt fill in thier part of the deal, and you
> deserve a full refund, since the contract was terminated by them.

AW is different. I doubt the rental contract can be terminated at any time
by the rental company.

KAH

1  2  3  |