Usage of Disabled Citizen (General Discussion)

Usage of Disabled Citizen // General Discussion

1  2  3  |

Its a rough area, technically you can have it closed across every single
universe out there. The final legal grip on everyone which goes something
like 'AWI reserves the right to deny you use of the browser' or something
alone those lines.

Citizenship Closure for Software Editing:
It all depends what though, if you cracked the browser, or produced an
AWHack / Trainer / Proxy.. short of being Joeman or Sleepy you would have
your account closed absolutly everywhere Bill could lay his hands on in a
matter of seconds....

Of course... the problem with this is you have to make sure theyre gone...
otherwise they hand out their hacks to absolutly everyone and AWI is put in
a situation where their other clients can cause them utter hell because of
them not immiediatly patching security holes...

Citizenship Closure with Physical or Time based Damages:
If you did something like say Vandalise a world in a big way.. (short of
hacking) you are likely to be suspended and universe ejected from that
universe only. They can do this if its a security measure and nothing could
be done about it unless there were prevailing reasons... so for example if
some person (lets hope here) like Mr Bruce spent $15,000 on renewing all his
worlds, his citizenships and such like... on the first day of the renewal
period AWI brings up 'new evidence' showing that MrBruce is infact a
hacker... In this situation AWI would be liable, because they would be
waiting for payment before terminating a contract.

If however, someone came and say anihalated alphaworld... then their
citizenships, worlds, yarda yarda could be killed instantly and, with
written / email notification the citizenships etc could be terminated
forever, and the price paid on them used as payment for the damage caused,
after all its paid money with no services rendered...

Of course if MrBruce could prove this... AWI would be history, probably
fined more than it could handle.

Citizenship Closure though Bill saying so:
This form of account closure is the usual reason, if you look deep enough
there is always a reason if you ask around and consult certain archives /
people. But for some reason because its 'Bill' doing it and not 'Active
Worlds Inc' some people get pissed off... but have given Bill good reason to
get pissed off in the first place...

Reasons are usually not given at the time of closure for this special
type... but if you ask you will be told (legal obligation where paid
services are not rendered due to company action)...

Citizenship closure though CTree exploding:
This rare occurance happens when the database manager decides 'Im going to
blow the living hell out of the database!' and as such all the citizenships
are terminated...

Thats all I can think of right now...

Somehow, I think KAH was attempting to be sarcastic. In fact, pretty
much everything having to do with The Lady has had nothing to do with
actual facts, it would seem. :P

[View Quote] >
> no
>

> I know this is not part of the subject KAH but no less so than your
> statement I will quote below.
>
> Awhile back you said, in reference to some comments made by "theLady"
>
> TheLady said: "Ya'll declared war on me. I don't even have an army. Guess
> I'd better get one."
>
> Kah responded: "Okay, this one person is "us all". That's right, makes lots
> of sense."
>
> I agreed with you and any comment renouncing statements that lump whole
> populations into one common behavioral group (even when a particular
> behavior IS a groups common purpose, such as the KKK, a church choir,
> pedophiliacs-they all have a distinct personalities aside from that).
>
> So of course I was very disappointed when you said:
>
> Kah: "Lying under oath (sp?) seems fairly common in the US now..."
>
> The dictionary defines common in this instance as meaning: "generally met
> with and not in any way special, strange, or unusual. COMMON implies usual,
> or frequency of occurrence. Occurring habitually." Something more often done
> than not done.
>
> Since you didn't identify a subset of the US population I have to assume you
> mean lying under oath occurs frequently among the entire population.
> Statistics please. We're not talking about per capita milk consumption or
> gum chewing now. I suppose you could prove that kind of thing with
> statistics....but lying under oath?
>
> Now KAH, why can't the lady say you are probably one of those who declared
> war on her if you can say I probably lie under oath because I am a resident
> of the US?

Don't let facts get in the way of a good revolution
awnews at awnews.org

well, ok, say you buy an xbox from dixions. they cant take your money and
suddenly decide only to give you it without the joystick, and not give you a
refund for what you are owned because you beat up the mcdonalds cook's son.
its the same with activeworlds, you pay them, and they dont give you
everything you bought, but instead, only a portion of it!

-SWE

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 10, 2003, 10:31pm
Citizenship closure though random flying creepy alien octopi:
We all know this has happened. Aliens attached to Rick and laid eggs in his
brain, the eggs hatched, and took control of his twitching body. They then
decided to raise the price of AW, cancel random citizenships, and anything
else that came natural to them; like guerrilla business tactics. Next time
you see an "innocent" person walking down the road.rwx, keep sharp, it might
be another guerrilla operative (AW employee... except for Grimm, he's never
around...) trying to cancel your citizenship. Trying to talk to or reason
with one will result in strange looks, and the occasional slap in the face.
The best one can do is run failing their arms around.

No... I didn't take the hobo's brown LSD.

-Joe

[View Quote]

calhoun

Aug 11, 2003, 1:43am
"when they suspect" that means there is no proof, speaking of proof where is
s t e f a n's proof?
[View Quote]

s t e f a n

Aug 11, 2003, 3:20am
i will make a pic tomorrow

calhoun

Aug 11, 2003, 3:21am
yay

"swe" <swe at swe-e.com> wrote in news:3f36baa3 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> ya, if they revoke, they would have to give him a refund no?

EULA says they can terminate your license for whatever reason (they aren't
under obligation to tell you why either), whenever they want to. That means
your cit as well (if you can't legally use the software, what are you going
to do with a cit?).

"goober king" <awnews at awnews.org> wrote in
news:3f36ce36$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Somehow, I think KAH was attempting to be sarcastic. In fact, pretty
> much everything having to do with The Lady has had nothing to do with
> actual facts, it would seem. :P

Yeah, heh.

"swe" <swe at swe-e.com> wrote in news:3f36d3a4 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> well, ok, say you buy an xbox from dixions. they cant take your money
> and suddenly decide only to give you it without the joystick, and not
> give you a refund for what you are owned because you beat up the
> mcdonalds cook's son. its the same with activeworlds, you pay them,
> and they dont give you everything you bought, but instead, only a
> portion of it!

You don't agree to a EULA when buying your XBox. A EULA is a contract, and
this one (as most others) state that the company can terminate your right
to use the software and your services at their discretion (any time, any
reason). You agreed to this term when installing AW, there's no going back
unless you cancel your citizenship and destroy all copies of AW.

KAH

john

Aug 11, 2003, 9:04am
Why has everybody taken this that I want a refund?

If you read carefully you will notice that i'm saying AW ARE IMPERSONATING
ME and that IMPERSONATING ME is against INTERNATIONAL & US COMPANY LAW
according to Strike Rapier.

~John

[View Quote]

john

Aug 11, 2003, 9:07am
SWE, you may just have something there, nowhere does the EULA say that they
may terminate without refund of the time left!

Maybe I should demand one?

~John

[View Quote]

ryan

Aug 11, 2003, 12:23pm
Strike Rapier doesn't even live in the US - what would he know about US
law? As for international law - I don't believe it is inforced in the
United States.

Ryan

[View Quote]

john

Aug 11, 2003, 1:13pm
:p

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 1:41pm
Wait, how do we know its really you? It could be Rick "pretending to be
you". I mean, you said yourself he "told" people under your name that you
got your cit back... Isn't that what you're doing now?

-Joe

[View Quote]

s t e f a n

Aug 11, 2003, 2:20pm
http://bonzai.swe-e.com/Clipboard01.jpg here ya go , i meantioned to the to
person on john his cit that ENZO was in his world Tintagel 5 mins before he
got on .

john

Aug 11, 2003, 2:25pm
Pizza 2 u

:D

~John

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 2:57pm
http://www.fakeplastic.com/images/AW/telg/telegram1.jpg :OOOOOOOOOOO

-Joe

[View Quote]

s t e f a n

Aug 11, 2003, 3:03pm
uhm ok ? i dint fake mine though

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 3:04pm
Now I know its Rick. That's exactly what Rick would say!! I'm calling the
Interpol bureau of prosecution USSR mothership right now! The secret KGB
will tap your phones and live in your ventilation system, then send secret
ninjaaasz to terminate j00! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!

-Joe "I haven't slept in two days" Forman

How come you can always think up the good sigs >_<

- Mark
The chicken and the egg came at the same time, problem solved!

[View Quote]

ryan

Aug 11, 2003, 3:13pm
The IP address posting as John there is different than one posting in
another thread..............

Ryan

o.0 Did you really have to make sure the AWProxy was on before you took that
picture....

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 3:21pm
pssssssssh, what are you talking about?

-Joe

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 11, 2003, 3:22pm
Only one thing in that picture is faked... I'll give you a hint, it a white
arrow... ... ... and there's MRGRIMM at both ends of it....

-Joe

ummmm... the God class... The spoofed console messages? Although for some
reason either Grimm is out of range or you forgot to enable yourself eject
rights o.0

s t e f a n

Aug 11, 2003, 3:30pm
whatsso impossible about me and him talking through grams ?

john

Aug 11, 2003, 3:42pm
Ryan: Thats because I use two isps.. freeserve & lineone:

Freeserve tends to be 213.*.*.*
Lineone tends to be 6*.*.*.* and 8*.*.*

~John

P.S. Pizza was like the "special handshake" for someone I know :-)

[View Quote]

starfleet

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C36041.4AEA0FA0

PIZZA!!!! *runs in circles*
------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C36041.4AEA0FA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ff0000 size=3D6>PIZZA!!!! *runs in=20
circles*</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C36041.4AEA0FA0--

john

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C36044.440D22A0

YUMMY - Motzerrella Cajun & Normal chicken topped with delicious =
mouthwatering ham

:D

Psst... watch it.. html bashers a-commin

Lol

~John

[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C36044.440D22A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>YUMMY - Motzerrella Cajun &amp; Normal =
chicken=20
topped with delicious mouthwatering ham</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>:D</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Psst... watch it.. html bashers=20
a-commin</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Lol</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>~John</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"starfleet" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:Starfleet at Command.com">Starfleet at Command.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
href=3D"news:3f37d86e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3f37d86e$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...<BR>PIZZA!!!!=20
*runs in circles*</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>