Citizenship Disabled (General Discussion)

Citizenship Disabled // General Discussion

1  2  |

john

Aug 8, 2003, 12:10pm
Maybe you'd be kind enough to tell me as I havn't done anything.

~John

[View Quote]

r i c h a r d

Aug 8, 2003, 12:10pm
Thats the only reason we have!?

joeman

Aug 8, 2003, 12:14pm
Perhaps it involved a telegram to bill? :)

-Joe

[View Quote]

john

Aug 8, 2003, 12:16pm
Lol... I only sent those two telegrams for M a t t because he asked me too

~John

[View Quote]

xelag

Aug 8, 2003, 12:24pm
A few suggestions to AW:

1) test pointer to and if non nill close the world properties forms
when a client exits a world. this should not be a problem since the
forms are not modal nor do they call modal forms.

2) wait for confirmation from an event world attributes to validate a
change.

3) optional - refresh the world attributes form values when an event
world attributes is received (has its pros and cons)

Alex

[View Quote] >What seems to be happening here is that the browser has a basic fault
>which should never occur: the browser aught to wait for a
>world-attributes event before it believes changes in the world
>settings have occured. This is a basic principle in programming.
>
>For clarification (thanks john): the world settings are not changed,
>but the browser believes they are. Since it is the browser that
>decides ultimately whether to fly or not (of course, normally it obeys
>the world settings received in world-attributes), if it believes it
>may fly, it will, even if the world settings do not allow it.
>
>Alex

[View Quote]

binarybud

Aug 8, 2003, 12:26pm
this is all i needed to hear your punishment was warranted.......sheeesh you gotta learn someday.

[View Quote]

xelag

Aug 8, 2003, 12:28pm
yes, i did, but since aw is doing cryptic (and so are you, btw :) we
should wait, shouldn't we? there are 2 matters here: john's
bannishment, and a nasty bug in the browser. Has john been notified
of the reason of his bannishment? have we been notified that aw has
acknowledged this bug and will fix it asap?

Alex

On 8 Aug 2003 09:46:14 -0400, "mountain myst"
[View Quote] >Did anyone stop to think that perhaps this had nothing to do with why John's
>citizenship was disabled and that perhaps there are other reasons as to why
>it was?

mod

Aug 8, 2003, 1:27pm
this bug is not in the 3.4 final release version. not just beta

-Mod
[View Quote]

john

Aug 8, 2003, 1:34pm
That doesnt make sense :-o

~John

Yeah we did... but we thought saying it on the NG would get us banned by
Bill.. lol

mod

Aug 8, 2003, 4:02pm
*is in

"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote in
news:3f33b0bc at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Lol... I only sent those two telegrams for M a t t because he asked me
> too

Very, VERY clever of you...

It's natural for AWI to assume that you used a hack when you flew around in
AWRPG after having proven that you have contact with a known cracker. And I
doubt AWI appreciate you sending telegrams for M a t t.

A ban is perhaps a bit harsh, although I can guess who banned you, but you
have acted like a fool.

KAH

.duo.

Aug 13, 2003, 8:52pm
Don't they screen chat in public worlds using Customs Aide? >:-P