Test (General Discussion)

Test // General Discussion

1  |

shred

Jul 16, 2003, 5:57pm
I got some strange 'rule rejected' posting error in Community a few moments ago...

[View Quote] A thread was "closed," so to speak.

No of SETI units returned: 35
Processing time: 27 days, 15 hours.
(Total hours: 663)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

agent1

Jul 16, 2003, 7:10pm
[View Quote] [View Quote] I guess the only time they moderate Community now is after someone wants to make something go away... ::rolleyes::

abb e norm fake@somewhere.

Jul 16, 2003, 8:23pm
Changing my name to see if I can post now.

"agent1" <agent1 at shatteredplatters.com.nospam> skrev i meddelandet news:3f15bf62 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

count dracula

Jul 16, 2003, 9:56pm
I guess it is against the mysterious everchanging EULA to tell about the
contraversial actions of AWI staff.
I honestly did not see any "bad words" or personal attacks in the thread,
yet it was closed. I guess this prooves again how AWI handle things. Someone
dares to critizise the company for having contravercial policy ( read : do
as they please and never have to show you what their decissions are based
on) and they close the thread.
I guess AW cannot do anything to vandals who clutter up places, cheat to
get peoples passwords or delete others world, so they choose to attack
people who they might have a personal reason for not liking; comming up with
new rules, saying one thing, later claiming to have meant something else.

Drac
bowen <Bowen at andras.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:3f15ae64$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

imagine

Jul 17, 2003, 2:34am
Hi :)

Is the thread you are refering to being closed titled Port surfing, illegal
?
I'm asking Because this is the second time I read posts aobut it being
closed. If this is the thread, I still see it in the community group. I'm
useing outlook express.

Imagine

[View Quote] You'll get a rule mismatch if you try to reply to the thread though.

No of SETI units returned: 37
Processing time: 28 days, 6 hours.
(Total hours: 678)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

weizer

Jul 17, 2003, 12:39pm
When a thread is closed, if you had already seen it, you will still be able
to see it, but you won't be able to post a reply. Only the users that have
not see the thread will get the "deleted thread" message and won't be able
to read it.

-Weizer
3f16274c at server1.Activeworlds.com...