Cleaning up NAC covered land (Wishlist)

Cleaning up NAC covered land // Wishlist

1  2  |

orb

Aug 23, 2003, 4:59pm
Thousands of acres of Not A Citizen covered land is all over AW in huge
chunks. There ought to be someway to free up that space for ppl to use.

joeman

Aug 23, 2003, 5:04pm
Yes, to make room for people covering 10000 x 10000 chunks of land, which
will then go NAC, and we'll need to clean that up, and the cycle goes on and
on. I see it as a buffer for that kind of thing. Anyway, you'd remove 90%
of AW if you cleaned that up. Hell, AW wouldn't have much of a GZ anymore
too.

-joe

[View Quote]

orb

Aug 23, 2003, 5:23pm
I don't mean builds that are historical just land that is covered by grass
or so. Ok maybe not a good idea lol

news:3f47bacc$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Yes, to make room for people covering 10000 x 10000 chunks of land, which
> will then go NAC, and we'll need to clean that up, and the cycle goes on
and
> on. I see it as a buffer for that kind of thing. Anyway, you'd remove
90%
> of AW if you cleaned that up. Hell, AW wouldn't have much of a GZ anymore
> too.
>
> -joe

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Aug 23, 2003, 8:30pm
It'd be nice if NAC builds became like tourist property-where anyone could
delete it. of course AWHS would have a lot of work then lol.

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 23, 2003, 8:33pm
That's your thoughts, not the thoughts of other users. I think 90% of other
people that have been in AW for a while and aren't under 13 years of age,
wouldn't be for that.

-Joe

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Aug 23, 2003, 8:55pm
I've been in AW for ages, and I'm not younger than 13 deary ;) It just makes
sense. Most of the NAC builds have been there for years. The chances of the
people coming back are slim. Its like the junk in your garage. all it has is
sentimental value.

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 23, 2003, 9:06pm
Its weird for someone younger then I am to call me "deary", an odd change of
pace. Anyway, its not -your- garage, its AWCom's. They can have whatever
they want in there. If you can find open building space, then you haven't
been looking; or perhaps there's something more seriously wrong with you.

-Joe

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Aug 23, 2003, 11:12pm
You dont even know my age LOL ;) As a paying citizen for AW, I think that
there should be more available building space. However its not needed yet,
its quite a pain to have to teleport everyone to find a reasonable amount of
land to build on.

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Aug 23, 2003, 11:14pm
And I know you're just going to reply with more crap, so let me put it this
way-do you leave your dirty socks around because they have sentimental
value? no.

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 23, 2003, 11:35pm
Well, I don't wear socks, so, that's not a problem.

-Joe

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 23, 2003, 11:42pm
It is against the laws of nature to be older then I am, so I can only assume
that you're younger than myself. About land, er, here's some random cords I
entered... And guess what, they all have empty land...

23233N 9448E
5344S 9933W
9982N 11123W
23355S 9488W
23444S 9999W
3434N 9992W
892S 9244W
8344S 8934W

Those were the first eight pairs of random cords I entered, and I found
nothing close to them. Perhaps you should try to be more creative, or a
little less lazy when finding land.

-Joe

[View Quote]

calhoun

Aug 24, 2003, 12:23am
I agree, when I finally found *SOME* land in AW the NAC Land loaded and I
had to search more, I hate alot of Land owned by noone that is left behind
to stop new citizens or old citizens from building
[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Aug 24, 2003, 1:03am
Its not a matter of being lazy at all. Its a matter of finding some decent
coordinates. anyone can spout of random #'s, but a lot of people want
coodinates that others will remember or will be easily recognized. ex:4000n
4000w. Usually these areas are cluttered with random objects in no
particular order or old buildings people have yet to return to. History?
maybe. But alpha world is so big, much of that history isnt viewed by
everyone anyways. Just a waste of space.

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 24, 2003, 1:16am
Guess what.... that's why they created the teleport list.

-Joe

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Aug 24, 2003, 1:35am
Guess what...Its called advertising.
If you see an ad for a place to visit, do you want to go there if the
coordinates are insanely illogical? 12312n 98974w? no, you want something
easy. Or say you lose your teleports list. what then? my point is that NAC
is just a waste of space that could be put to better use. you can debate it
to the ends of the earth but until you come up with a reason to justify your
opinion, I see no reason whatsoever to keep the NAC builds apart from them
being "old". well we keep a lot of old stuff, doesn't mean its useful or
that we even have a reason for it to be there.

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 24, 2003, 1:38am
Guess what, perhaps you should have registered earlier. Or, you should buy
your own world. AWCom -owns- AW, along with the universe its housed in. If
they don't want property to be deleted, then, there's not much you can do
about it. You're starting to act like The Lady now.

-Joe

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Aug 24, 2003, 1:39am
Hey Joeman, I registered LONG before you buddy ;P
And if Im acting like the lady, DONT REPLY TO MY POSTS! lol

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Aug 24, 2003, 1:48am
also, just for the record, I dont even build in Alpha unless I have to, so
this has nothing to do with my personal situation.

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 24, 2003, 3:23am
1. I really don't care whether you registered before I did. I don't build
in AW, this isn't my problem. Oh, what's this, you don't either?! So why
are you whining about it? Good golly...

2. I never said I didn't want to reply to her... your posts...

-Joe

[View Quote]

andras

Aug 24, 2003, 5:32am
[View Quote] > Thousands of acres of Not A Citizen covered land is all over AW in huge
> chunks. There ought to be someway to free up that space for ppl to use.

I don't understand why it is bothering you. %90 of AW is still free for building.
As of 8/8/2003:
AW's total coverage is less than %10. NAC's covering is a mere %0.66.
Number of total objects in AW: 122,586,450
Number of NAC objects in AW: 7,043,146 (This is built by 24,264 different citnumber!!)
Number of Tourist objects in AW: 2,587,247 (Surprizingly low number:)

Assuming that each object is one square AW unit (10mx10m) and they are all spread around (no overlapping objects), you can calculate those numbers knowing those two datas.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

john

Aug 24, 2003, 9:16am
Maybe do a new form of ED specially for "Not a Citizen" that allows all
builders in AW to delete.. .could be done with the Plugin Server I reckon

~John

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Aug 24, 2003, 9:55am
youre the one who has kept this going with your arrogant replies man, I'm
just defending my opinion. be a man for once and be able to admit when
you're wrong. anyways, I'm done with this post cuz im sick of debating with
someone on your level. quite a waste of time really. for someone who claims
I act like the lady, you sure as heck act like her too.

Im just gonna snip this post right here, feel free to continue but kill your
10 dozen inline's

What are we gonna be calling these things anyway?

Im currently calling em (SPA's) Server plugin applications, and (CPA's)
Client plugin applications... and HBM's (H4x0r3d br0w53r 4pp|ic4ti0n5))

[View Quote] Okay, 90% of my face isn't covered with zits, but lets say 10% is...
now... spread that 10% out liberally but evenly and you don't have much
"free" area.. but rather the same amount of space with "zones", so to
speak. Finding a large enough zone without hitting some little zit is
the problem.

No of SETI units returned: 74
Processing time: 66 days, 6 hours.
(Total hours: 1590)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

andras

> Okay, 90% of my face isn't covered with zits, but lets say 10% is...
> now... spread that 10% out liberally but evenly and you don't have much
> "free" area.. but rather the same amount of space with "zones", so to
> speak. Finding a large enough zone without hitting some little zit is
> the problem.

Well,, if you can handle that size:

http://www.andras.net/aw/AWPrime08082003_Map.zip

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

joeman

Aug 24, 2003, 8:06pm
I not wrong at all, I proved that there's TONS of building space in AW. As
for me being arrogant, why are you letting it get to you? I mean, isn't
that what arrogant people want? For their arrogance to get to other people
and thus make them feel insecure? Yes, and my "level", im sorry you cant
keep up. Maybe if you continue with grammar school, you'll get there...
Also, how do I act like the lady? I'm not trying to kick AWCom Management
out and *hope*, just *hope* the universe is running the next day.

-Joe

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 24, 2003, 8:08pm
Wow, its nice you took the time out of your busy day to name some useless
things. You get a cookie, its also gold plated, because its the one
millionth I've handed out.

-Joe

[View Quote]

john