day to night system such as morrowind? (Wishlist)

day to night system such as morrowind? // Wishlist

1  |

chris cat

Aug 14, 2003, 3:55am
just a thought to add, i love the gradual color change, and the weather
change, its extremly life like, although i do realize this is a little too
much to ask for, but just an idea

starfleet

Aug 14, 2003, 9:55am
Already exists.

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 14, 2003, 10:22am
Ahhhh!! You want all these features from games!!! AW isn't a game!!

-Joe

"chris cat" <masada11 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3f3b244f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> just a thought to add, i love the gradual color change, and the
> weather change, its extremly life like, although i do realize this is
> a little too much to ask for, but just an idea

There's a ton of bots that have been doing this for years. With the new
gradient backgrounds it's even easier to create dynamic effects like this.

[View Quote] Yeah if you want a light that jumps from side to top to other side and
gone, repeat.

No of SETI units returned: 69
Processing time: 57 days, 10 hours.
(Total hours: 1378)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

sw comit

Aug 14, 2003, 5:56pm
True but AW and games have at least one thing in common - Environment =)

[View Quote]

calhoun

Aug 15, 2003, 4:51am
here is how it might work good:

1. Enter "Day" Sky Gradient Colors (ones now)
2. Enter "Night" Sky Gradient Colors
3. Enter Start Position for Corona
4. Enter End Position for Corona
5. Begin Fade Time
6. End Fade Time
7. Start Unfade Time
8. End Unfade Time
in other words have the ability to slowly "fade" the sky color(s) to the
night color then back to default (day) at a certain chosen VRT Time ... or
something like that

[View Quote] There needs to be a corona fade. Right now it's stuck to the corners of
the "gradient box." I'm sure you could do a bland fade where the sky
just gets bright as the coronal sun reaches it's epoch, and then
decreases as nightfall approaches but that's not as fun as the whole
dusk/dawn orange glow thing. :)

No of SETI units returned: 69
Processing time: 57 days, 10 hours.
(Total hours: 1378)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

percipient

Aug 15, 2003, 3:07pm
Envirosphere. (Grins secretively and mischeviously before going back to
programming.)

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 15, 2003, 3:24pm
Mhmmm... Envirosphere is some crazy anime group. Are you making the members
your slaves by programming their minds to complete some of your twisted plot
to take over a small section of Canada?

-Joe

[View Quote]

percipient

Aug 16, 2003, 4:28am
Sure, why not? (Laughs.)

Actually, I had no idea of the anime thing. I just came up with the name out
of my own twisted mind. (Starts contemplating a rename.)

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 16, 2003, 4:45am
*pulls out list of AW knock-offs and adds Envirosphere to it*

-Joe

[View Quote]

percipient

Aug 17, 2003, 6:09pm
Would you please enlighten me how an SDK program can be an AW knock-off?

[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 17, 2003, 6:38pm
Well, with a name like "Envirosphere", its gotta be a knockoff. I mean, who
in the right mind would name a bot after a seemingly kockoffish name? It
doesn't even sound like a bots name...

-Joe