Beta (Wishlist)

Beta // Wishlist

1  |

equin0x

Sep 19, 2002, 7:37am
Beta should be public.

I also wish that AW pull their finger out.

dion

Sep 19, 2002, 8:43am
Well, that would be rather dumb. Totally ruins the point of a beta.

no, not really, the only reason companies have beta testing, is so that
there users dont get annoyed with all the bugs. so if beta is public, and
people choose to upgrade to beta, then they cant expect bugs, and know that
they will prob soon be fixed
[View Quote]

tony m

Sep 19, 2002, 9:01pm
[View Quote] >Beta should be public.

Were you witness to the AW 3.0 public beta? It was a complete disaster...

dion

Sep 19, 2002, 11:06pm
You know as well as I do that most people would complain anyway.

[View Quote]

brock

Sep 20, 2002, 11:52am
Yes as mentioned a bit ago, i remember 3.0 beta, it was a complete disaster
that is why beta is closed and not everyone is allowed in, due to that
factor.

--
Brock - 308723
AW 3.4 Build: 431
Brock at iceflare.net

"tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com> wrote in
news:pakkouk5ubfof48vk13q7otrresihqbkh6 at 4ax.com:

> Were you witness to the AW 3.0 public beta? It was a complete disaster...

I wasn't on much then, and I don't remember much of the beta program
(didn't sign up myself). But I think it was perhaps too unorganized. If one
did an effort to get a good, open beta program running, I'm sure it would
be much more helpfull.

I for 1 would like to see a system where all AW programmers can participate in the BETA program automatically so they can develop bots etc. A programmer is much more capable of identifying bugs than someone who is not.

There are a couple of us on the beta who can program. There are reasons why there
aren't more, at least from what I fathom.

Cause AWC wants to know if even fools can operate the browser?

[View Quote] I'm sure glad you think a lot of the people who don't know how to program are fools.
No, that is not the case. Programmers tend to spout of what *they* think should be
done and added. When you're beta testing this get's rather annoying because they're
looking at styling and other such things rather than the actual problematic bugs.
This is basically what eep did (looked at styling instead of the actual problems).
Hey; BinaryBud, Andras, Xelag, myself (probably missed a couple more) are all
programmers, what more do you need? ;) Or is it an attempt to automagically place
yourself on the beta? :P

--Bowen--

talisan

Sep 20, 2002, 7:53pm
Who me? :(

shred

Sep 20, 2002, 10:28pm
Fool (noun):

1. A person who lacks good judgment
2. A person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
3. A professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the middle ages

Luckily, we have a wonderful specimen of the class right here that shows us that yes, fools can operate the browser.

No I mean that once they have allot of really experience people, they will find some less experienced people, logical really, and yes it is :P ROFLSMO

Yes, I find the Beta NG quite entertaining :P Mainly thanks to Eep and Shamus going at it...