New ejection... (Wishlist)

New ejection... // Wishlist

1  2  |

wing

Feb 17, 2001, 10:39pm
Take ICQ for example. I send a message to you and then run netstat from DOS
prompt (included with Windows 95 and higher), and your DNS is in there.
Resolve that to an IP and b00m, you have an IP address.

--
Wing
This little spot is dedicated to my girl, Jessie.
She paints her nails, and she dont know, he's got her best friend on the
phone,
She'll wash her hair, his dirty clothes, for all he gives to her. And he's
got posters on the wall
Of all the girls he wish she was, and he means everything to her. Her
boyfriend, he dont know,
Anything, about her... She's just the flavor of the week.
AW Citizen 305004 "Wing"
bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

wing

Feb 18, 2001, 6:45pm
*gasp* someone's hacking me through my power supply!

bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------68446F49B4C74DA74AD26873

You can try to use a gyrator circuit with a 100 microfarad capacity (no
electrolyt) parallel to it and a zero ohm resistor parallel too. Put
that between the two pins of your DC plug. Make sure you use a fat
resistor (at least 100W).

If you have any trouble getting the gyrator circuit and/or the capacity
you can try to use only the 0 Ohm resistor.

I'm quite sure that will help.

wing schrieb:

> *gasp* someone's hacking me through my power supply!
--------------68446F49B4C74DA74AD26873

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------68446F49B4C74DA74AD26873--

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------735EF60C1112ADEF18CEDB12

sorry - there was a typo in it - it's the AC plug I mean off course

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------735EF60C1112ADEF18CEDB12--

lanezeri

Feb 18, 2001, 8:11pm
See.. you guys are idiots.. I couldn't give a rats ass if someone tried to
hack me cause you all dont know how to.. just shut up already.. if ur saying
I'm afraid.. then hack me.. I want you to try.. just don't bitch when you
get the consequences..

j b e l l

Feb 18, 2001, 8:39pm
...that was random...

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

wing

Wing
This little spot is dedicated to my girl, Jessie.
Take a look to the sky just before you die --Mettalica
AW Citizen 305004 "Wing"
bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

wing

Feb 18, 2001, 8:41pm
OOPS. That was stupid. Anyway, as I was TRYING to say...

What the hell?

bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

andras

Feb 18, 2001, 8:59pm
hmmm - nice sparks :)
Andras

[View Quote]

agent1

Feb 18, 2001, 9:55pm
LOL :)

-Agent1
(PS - Sorry for the lack of content in my post)

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------EAD9099AD23F6E9708CDA298

HA - caught you !

You did NOT try else it would have been : hmmm - nice sparks :(

andras schrieb:

> hmmm - nice sparks :)
> Andras

[View Quote] begin:vcard
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------EAD9099AD23F6E9708CDA298--

wing

Feb 19, 2001, 2:55am
Heh, I'm a nut. I just lit up a 150 watt AT PS all over my work counter.
First time I've ever used the fire extinguisher in tool kit though. Blew the
breaker for that particular outlet too. Impressive fireworks show :)

bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

andras

Feb 19, 2001, 4:55pm
I was just wondering why do you need the capacitor parallel with 0 Ohm :)
Andras

[View Quote]

andras

Feb 19, 2001, 4:56pm
Similar excercise did cost me 58 Gig data completely lost - the PS killed 3 harddrives too :(
Andras

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------A0DA74BA0C3D0E7285F686B2

If the 0 Ohm burns through without a nice spark there is still a chance
that the capapacitor gives you at least a nice BANG. Off course a really
big electrolyt capacitor can do that better but it can set free gas that
isn't too good to have in your rooms.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------A0DA74BA0C3D0E7285F686B2--

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------711D5FC9096429E1356706DD

hm - that can only happen if you apply the little circuit to the wrong
side of the power supply, you should have applied it just to your AC
plug outside of your computer. I forgot to write that - stupid me :(

If you are in US there should be a solution - get a lawyer to write to
the manufacturer of the power supply. You sure can get lots of money as
they didn't have a sign on that power supply :

never add a gyrator, a capacitor and a 0 ohm inside of the PC case,
always apply it to the other end of the power chord

Don't forget to mention the shock that you had when it happened and you
will be rich in short.

andras schrieb:

> Similar excercise did cost me 58 Gig data completely lost - the PS killed 3 harddrives too :(
> Andras

[View Quote] p.s.: for all who don't know - Andras really lost the data so his part
isn't a joke

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------711D5FC9096429E1356706DD--

wing

Feb 19, 2001, 11:14pm
ahh, damn. If only this company were still in buisinessssssssssssss

bathgate at prodigy.net
eyemwing at teleport.com
ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

nova n@n.com

Feb 27, 2001, 1:57pm
you can easly get a ip addy through aw icq aol im etc useing netstat from a
dos prompt doesnt matter what progy your useing if it conects to the
internet and alows you to send a message to some one else they can get your
ip addy
[View Quote]

xero

Feb 27, 2001, 7:05pm
Uh, only if you direct connect with someone can you get an IP, like a file
transfer in AW, or direct connect in aim, now in ICQ anyone on your contacts
list all their ips can be shown with many little ICQ hacks..Thats another
reason why I no longer use ICQ. Otherwise, AIM and AW are pretty IP safe
aslong as you dont allow file transfer and direct connects and only go in
worlds with owners you trust.

[View Quote]

wing

Feb 27, 2001, 8:07pm
I wouldn't be so sure about AIM. I frequently use it for maintnence purposes
on my friend's computers (Dumbass AOLians can't fix their own problems or
their comp is an eMachine running 10 year old hardware with a Geforce II MX
PCI stuck in a PCI slot and trying to run Windows 2000 on 16 megs of RAM and
whatnot)

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------2E14A4BF2E6612D3F793F4D0

you're very wrong :

Everyone who has a web site and can use server-sided scripting (pearl,
php3/4, cgi) can get your IP. It is not required that you host the
domain on your own server. And it doesn't require active contents
enabled in your browser.

It's would be easy to make php3 send me an email, containing the IP that
a visitor of a specific web page uses - or updating a status page with
all visitors. You would not see that in the page source.

Java, VBScript and even JavaScript has much more potential to do damage
to your PC than the pure knowledge of your IP has.
Hacker-kids (those who use ready-to-use tools to do damage) scan
well-known ISP IP ranges to find people. They often can be backtraced
easily. Their providers have log files (they keep them for few weeks) so
that you can find out who this "hacker" was, go to the police and stop
their doing. Defending those ready-to-use damaging tools doesn't require
much, most even just try to find computers that respond on NetBus or
BO/BO2k ports. All good virus scanner find those trojans.

Hackers will sure not try to do damage to your personal computer -
except you have a personal enemy amongst them.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------2E14A4BF2E6612D3F793F4D0--

xero

Feb 27, 2001, 10:10pm
I didn't mention websites, I know you can get an IP from a website, lol, php
and all thats simple, I didn't mention that so how is it wrong? lol AIM
maybe you can get an IP from atleast wing says..but I have never been able
to get an IP unless it was direct connected..then its very simple to use
netstat, other wise all messages are through the server..and I am pretty
sure about that.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------987DC24652B0D44E22E36316

A web site owner with scripting can get your IP without beeing connected
to you.
Many AW world owners are web site owners, either for their web window or
for the object path.
Even a tourist can get your IP ("bump url" or "create picture" while
you're there), he just needs a web site with scripting enabled. No
direct connect needed.
Trying to hide your IP can work, but not with a direct internet connect.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------987DC24652B0D44E22E36316--