"Fly" Buttons (Wishlist)

"Fly" Buttons // Wishlist

1  |

grimble

Nov 15, 2000, 9:38am
Just one thing..... Flying.

Recently I've spent a lot of time "on the road" and therefore have been
using a laptop. As ppl may know, the number pad keys are a little awkward to
get to on a laptop (usually needing a "function key" of some kind and a key
in the middle of the keyboard some where.

What would be nice is alternative keys for flying .... on the standard
keyboard somewhere.

I know that would have made my life somewhat easier over the past 6 months.

Grims

john viper

Nov 16, 2000, 2:07am
What would be REALLY cool is a whole pallette of customizable keys. I understand this might
conflict with the whole chatting thing -- but I just had a cool idea... Unless anyone can think of
ANYTHING how about if the Scroll lock is enabled then you move around but if its disabled you chat.
Opinions? Comments?

Another option I think would be cool is joystick support -- and with the DirectX stuff it would be
incredibly easy to add (maybe not quick enough for 3.1 but maybe 3.2/4.0?)
_________________________
John Viper
http://www.jtsoft.net
"Java is a machine. You put Java code in one end, and money comes out the other." - Anonymous

| What would be nice is alternative keys for flying .... on the standard
| keyboard somewhere.

wing

Nov 16, 2000, 10:03am
Scroll lock is a pain, and perhaps the most pointless key on the keyboard as I have never been able to
find it's use in any program. Probably second in uselessness to the wind0ze key which serves little to
no purpose other than obliterating any DOS programs you may be running by mistake. Oh wait, I take that
back, my keyboard has an option or menu key or somthing next to the right wind0ze key. So it's scroll
lock, option, wind0ze on the gay key list. And I still dunno why I have an Fn key on a full scale
board.

[View Quote] > What would be REALLY cool is a whole pallette of customizable keys. I understand this might
> conflict with the whole chatting thing -- but I just had a cool idea... Unless anyone can think of
> ANYTHING how about if the Scroll lock is enabled then you move around but if its disabled you chat.
> Opinions? Comments?
>
> Another option I think would be cool is joystick support -- and with the DirectX stuff it would be
> incredibly easy to add (maybe not quick enough for 3.1 but maybe 3.2/4.0?)
> _________________________
> John Viper
> http://www.jtsoft.net
> "Java is a machine. You put Java code in one end, and money comes out the other." - Anonymous
>
> | What would be nice is alternative keys for flying .... on the standard
> | keyboard somewhere.

grimble

Nov 16, 2000, 12:57pm
Awwww c.mon. Its obvious what the scroll lock key used for.

"Scroll Lock" is short for "Turn on/off Scroll Lock light on keyboard".
Duh! lolol

Grims

You should buy some 102-keyboards before they all disappear (I did :).
Cherry still sells OS-independant keyboards for example.

tony56

Nov 16, 2000, 8:35pm
what exactly does the Scroll Lock do? lol does anyone know?

--
- Tony56 (aka Chandler56)
"Freedom: That's What The Government Wants You To Believe!"

john viper

Nov 17, 2000, 2:55am
I have two 88-key boards :-)
_________________________
John Viper
http://www.jtsoft.net
"Java is a machine. You put Java code in one end, and money comes out the other." - Anonymous

[View Quote]

john viper

Nov 17, 2000, 2:55am
I think that in a Unix shell on Linux, you can turn on the scroll lock and use the arrow keys to
scroll up and down -- not sure tho
_________________________
John Viper
http://www.jtsoft.net
"Java is a machine. You put Java code in one end, and money comes out the other." - Anonymous

[View Quote]

twisted horizon

Dec 23, 2000, 7:28pm
No, no, no, you idiots. Scroll lock is if its on, it goes down and up
(Moves) and acts as up and down keys, but if it's off, it acts as numbers.
Only works on numeric keypad... Usually only works in games, especially ones
that are hot-seat (multiplayer, but everyone's on the same computer) or
joystick.

-Twist

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------ACB0682B5F662D6AEB4908A5

hm - I checked all of my keyboards - they must have made a typo on all
of them - they wrote "Num" on the key that switched between cursor- and
numeric mode. I will send letters to the manufacturers and tell them
that they all are idiots and that they should ask you how to label this
key.

Oh - wait - good that I did not press the send button - they seem to
have made a second big mistake - there is a button that has the text
"Scroll" on it - but it does not change the status of my numpad. Twist,
maybe you could explain all these keyboard manufacturers what they did
wrong, I am too confused now.

twisted horizon schrieb:

> No, no, no, you idiots. Scroll lock is if its on, it goes down and up
> (Moves) and acts as up and down keys, but if it's off, it acts as numbers.
> Only works on numeric keypad... Usually only works in games, especially ones
> that are hot-seat (multiplayer, but everyone's on the same computer) or
> joystick.
>
> -Twist
--------------ACB0682B5F662D6AEB4908A5

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------ACB0682B5F662D6AEB4908A5--