reset terrain // Bots

1  |

dion

Sep 14, 2002, 2:45pm
Is there an easy way to reset your world terrain to 0 elevation?

tony m

Sep 14, 2002, 6:17pm
[View Quote] >Is there an easy way to reset your world terrain to 0 elevation?

Disable it and reenable it is my first guess; have a Xelagot do it is my 2nd.

hal9000

Sep 14, 2002, 7:02pm
its not possible to do from the browser directly, I believe there is a way to reset it in the world server, but I am not positive. The best way to do it would be to get a bot to do it, its instantaneous. Xelagot (http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xelagot_x1.html) I*know* has this feature, just go to "Uni"->"Terrain Manager", and click delete terrain. There is also a bot somewhere that will reset the terrain and lower it to whatever height you want (such as the same height as the AW ground object), though I am not sure of the URL, but someone on here must know it.

--
Hal9000
worlds: Discover, Planets

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 14, 2002, 8:35pm
a bot is the only way i think. disabling it wont erase the data (if it did
ud be hearing complaints, at least from me anyway :P)

If you have access to the world server :

I think it works to just delete the terrain.dat / terrain.idx
while the world isn't running.

On next world startup, it will create the empty database new.

Please backup before you delete, as I haven't tried it yet, but
it should be the same what happens, when you do an minor upgrade,
an upgrade where the data structure of the other databases didn't
change.

[View Quote]

dion

Sep 15, 2002, 4:21am
Thanks, disabling it doesn't work but Xelagot works like magic. What can't
xelagot do? :-P

"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> wrote in news:3d83679b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Is there an easy way to reset your world terrain to 0 elevation?

http://kahnews.cjb.net/bots/terrain.zip
reading readme.txt is important.

Make me a cup of tea, fix me this damn bug in my GUI object switchbot, do my homework... etc...

dion

Sep 19, 2002, 11:21pm
Give XelaG some time. ;-) hehe