AWTeen Seq Bug? (Community)

AWTeen Seq Bug? // Community

1  |

jaguar hahn

May 29, 2005, 12:40am
While standing and looking at someone's AV in AWTeen, I'm chatting and I
notice their AV moving back and forth constantly. Upon asking the person,
they aren't touching any seq buttons. This happens to about every person I
see in AWTeen. I am on a brand new computer. I tried deleting my cache, and
even reinstalling AW for that matter.

Anyone ever experience this?

I provided a picture for assistance.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/JaguarHahn/av1.jpg

Thanks,
Jaguar Hahn
348341

just in

May 29, 2005, 1:05am
There was a change made to seq processing a long time ago and it did make
avs jump at the end of wait.seq. I think its also got something to do with
the endwait.seq not playing.

The upshot is, worldowners have to redo their endwait seqs. AW still have
not addressed the problem in AlphaWorld, where almost all worlds get their
endwaits from.

Perhaps someone has fixed them all already and would like to make them
available to all world owners?

~ Justin

[View Quote]

gnu32

May 29, 2005, 3:31am
Off topic, but, thats a very intresting toolbar >_> How'd you get extra
buttons on it? Do they actually work?
[View Quote]

hyper anthony

May 29, 2005, 1:38pm
Gnu:
http://mystuff.virtual-studios.net/tutorials/tab_toolbar_buttons/

[View Quote]

77

May 29, 2005, 3:09pm
hey it works even that is cool even a computer illiterate like me was able
to do it. (took 2 weeks to figure out how to manually install aircraft's in
flight sim lol )
[View Quote]

77

May 29, 2005, 3:09pm
that is cool even a computer illiterate like myself can do it (took me 2
weeks to learn how to manually install aircraft's in flight sim lol) also
had to reset NG settings hope this doesn't double post. if it does sorry

[View Quote]

gnu32

May 29, 2005, 5:24pm
O_O Cheers

[View Quote]

hyper anthony

May 29, 2005, 8:15pm
Thank AlexTheMartian for it the next time you see him, then :p

-Hyper Anthony

[View Quote]

77

May 30, 2005, 3:21am
OK but I don't ever recall running across him anywhere

[View Quote]

jerme

Jun 4, 2005, 7:49pm
Tony M and I looked and this problem and tried to capture debug logs for
it one day.

We only noticed the "jumping" avatar when our avatars were flying and
moving. We came to the conclusion that the problem is in the fly seq.

This problem had been brought up before, and I had a replacement seq to
upload to the OP. So, it has been fixed once.

But, if anyone has a correct set of seqs they'd like to donate, that'd
be great. :-)

-Jeremy

[View Quote]

chrispeg

Jun 5, 2005, 8:06am
You can use XelaG's SEQ File Viewer to repair the animation sequences in
AWTeen. Open the seq files and it will tell you what is wrong with them.
Save them, you're done :-)
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/seqspecs.html

Chris

"JerMe" <JerMe at nc.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:42a221cc$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Tony M and I looked and this problem and tried to capture debug logs for
> it one day.
>
> We only noticed the "jumping" avatar when our avatars were flying and
> moving. We came to the conclusion that the problem is in the fly seq.
>
> This problem had been brought up before, and I had a replacement seq to
> upload to the OP. So, it has been fixed once.
>
> But, if anyone has a correct set of seqs they'd like to donate, that'd be
> great. :-)
>
> -Jeremy

[View Quote]

jerme

Jun 5, 2005, 12:26pm
Thanks Chris!

Using XelaG's SEQ File Viewer, I found that the initial frames were not
set on 'qfly1' and 'qfall1'.

I've dumped my cache but I've been unable to re-create the problem. So,
I can't say for sure yet if this was the cause of the avatar "jumping"
problem in question, but the seqs definitly had problems that needed to
be corrected anyways.

Jaguar: Try dumping your cache and going to awteen. Let me know if you
can recreate the "jumping" avatars.

-Jeremy

[View Quote]

chrispeg

Jun 5, 2005, 1:36pm
Please, check all other animation sequences in AWTeen too. You probably will
find
more 'corrupted' seqs.

Btw, these invalid seqs were a cause for crashes back in version 3.4 and
ealrier. These crashing bugs were fixed with 3.5 in Jan 2004, but the
artifacts caused by missing animation frames remained ... that's all ancient
history today ;-)

Thanks,
Chris

news:42a30b97$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...