browser build [558] (Community)

browser build [558] // Community

1  |

chrispeg

Oct 29, 2004, 11:51am
.... Before you ask what has changed in build 558, please look at
http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/aw36.html :-)

Greetings,
Chris

karten

Oct 29, 2004, 12:37pm
One thing that has changed is not good, the transparency of textures on
models and avatars is not rendering correctly now with 558 where it was
fine with 557.
Textures that have a transparency are now rendering totally opaque.

Karten

O_O for some reason, when i try to log in, get an error saying: " Sorry,
this is a beta cersion. Beta versions require a beta account in order to log
in." O_O i don't have no beta browser?

-SWE

nevermind, i can login now. just took a couple of attempts.

-SWE

[View Quote]

mongo

Oct 29, 2004, 12:49pm
OK - can someone tell me why the HELL I'm getting an error message telling
me I'm not a beta tester. Did you chuckleheads force feed an upgrade to a
beta version of hte software, to the general public?

[View Quote]

chrispeg

Oct 29, 2004, 1:25pm
Build 558 had a glitch displaying opacity on avatars correctly. Build 559
fixed it again.

Sorry for inconvenience,
Chris

"chrispeg" <chris at activeworlds.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:41824aff$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> ... Before you ask what has changed in build 558, please look at
> http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/aw36.html :-)
>
> Greetings,
> Chris

jerme

Oct 29, 2004, 2:46pm
My guess is that they pushed the upgrade out without changing the latest
non-beta build from 557 to 558. This would explain the error message.

Because the latest "non-beta" browser setting wasn't updated, from the
uni server's perspective, you had a beta browser, without a beta account.

-Jeremy

[View Quote]

ciena

Oct 29, 2004, 3:42pm
happened to me too. i called rick and he is aware of the problem. many
others had that happen too. so its probably fixed or will be soon
[View Quote]

pc hamster

Oct 29, 2004, 5:19pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I'd like to know why the HELL I had to upgrade TWICE - BEFORE I could even
get on AW. ONCE should be enough.

Have you guys EVER heard of POINTING THE UPDATER IN THE DIRECTION THE
LATEST - NO MATTER WHAT VERSION THE USER HAS????

Or do you guys really like needlessly cluttering my Hard Drive with versions
I NO LONGER USE???

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
http://hamsterville.tripod.com/
HAMSTERVILLE GROUND ZERO - AW 5029N 500E (NEW COORDINATES!!!)

---

syntax

Oct 29, 2004, 6:44pm
Better get that caps lock button looked at, seems to be malfunctioning. :P
--
Syntax
www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

goddess of light

jerme

Oct 31, 2004, 9:21pm
If you'll take a look at the URL given earlier in this thread... you'll
see that 558 *did* have several bugs that were fixed in 559...

Chrispeg also mentioned it in his reply to his own post.

-Jeremy

Ever been on the AW Alpha / Early Beta programmes? LOL

- MR