Wishlist? 'Mute Adverts' (Community)

Wishlist? 'Mute Adverts' // Community

Ok... really this should go on the wishlist...

AW Needs an AI that blocks Radio adverts... you can't go freakin anywhere
without having someone spamming you 3 lines of hyperlinks literally every
few minutes in some places, its damned annoying now! Heck a week or 2 ago I
was at an event where I ended up muting several people (Something I very
rarely do) because they kept on yelling out "CRANK IT UP!" every few
seconds, on PS (damnit phal) to let me actually read what the guy who was
hosting the event was actually saying...

They are annoying, there a pain, and they are driving me insane..

Yes it rhymes and it had style, and thats more than we can say for most AW
Specific Radio stations marketing systems which basically involve making as
much damned spam in AW text as possible!

Rant over, thankyou.

- Mark Randall

c p

Jul 30, 2004, 1:03am
I KNOW in real life do you go around screaming in the streets saying LISTEN
TO MY RADIO STATION, or BUY MY STUFF!!! No only people that do that are
Jesus freaks against sodomy!

im sorry but there's no need to Spam the links to the radio station,
especially now that we have aw media commands!!!!!!!

Indeed. I mean there would be nothing wrong about building an audio station
at GZ where you can select a station and the effects (Chrispeg, how many
buttons were there on your test area?) and then thats it, caput, no
spamming!

- MR

[View Quote]

c p

Jul 30, 2004, 1:29am
yup :)
[View Quote]

count dracula

Jul 30, 2004, 3:12am
In RL you might have noticed that there are signs all over telling us to buy
things, there are commercials on TV and radio. If you open a newspaper you
will find adds.
I guess the only way to advertise in AW is the chat, especailly in places
where you cannot build a sign telling what you offer.

I think you should try to get over it instead of whining about such thing.

Mark I saw you at AWGZ today, you just stood there for a long time without
saying anything. After a long silent time you was mad at someone who was
entertaining us with a live radio show.
I do not understand how the radio information could disturbe you , since you
did not even take part n the conversation. Maybe it disturbed your
meditation that you had decided to perfrom at AWGZ?

Drac
"c p" <chris101d at comcast.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:4109ba71$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I KNOW in real life do you go around screaming in the streets saying
LISTEN
> TO MY RADIO STATION, or BUY MY STUFF!!! No only people that do that are
> Jesus freaks against sodomy!
>
> im sorry but there's no need to Spam the links to the radio station,
> especially now that we have aw media commands!!!!!!!
[View Quote]

chrispeg

Jul 30, 2004, 7:24am
Some media stuff, Mark is refering to, is still up at AW 32743.05N
14999.97E.
You can make as many selection-buttons until it tells you 'area full' ;-)

Chris

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:4109bb9e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Indeed. I mean there would be nothing wrong about building an audio
station
> at GZ where you can select a station and the effects (Chrispeg, how many
> buttons were there on your test area?) and then thats it, caput, no
> spamming!
>
> - MR

[View Quote]

themask

Jul 30, 2004, 8:12am
I'll say truthfully. Some of the AW Radio stations, just suck. I'm not
naming or pointing to anyone. It is a type of bother to see spam of a
dumbass radio station. So, I mute them, or just try to ignore it. If I cant,
I just leave. Thats my strategy. Try it.

linn

Jul 30, 2004, 8:56am
wouldn't a simple sign to click IF we want to listen to it work?

[View Quote]

syntax

Jul 30, 2004, 3:05pm
Aw come on man... AW radio is a booming business right now and frankly...
it's probably the only business/activity in AW right now. Let them
advertise what they are working hard on. Its like 3 frickon lines of text,
man. Come on.
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Jul 30, 2004, 5:18pm
You can always send a gram to *the owner(s)* and ask them to notify their
DJs to not have you on their contacts. But if they say it aloud in your
presence then you can only mute or ignore as you say. Still they only say it
once in awhile, I don't see it as an issue ... not for me.

LNH

Whispers :)

The difference being adverts in newspapers etc you know where they are, same
on TV... Not thrown in the middle of the collumn your reading about god
knows what.

- MR

[View Quote]

c p

Jul 30, 2004, 6:55pm
Umm how bout that ummm noooo lol...adverts In r/l aren't shouted in the
street, chat in aw is equivalent to talking, whispers are like private
messages, or cellphone calls, telegrams are like letters/emails. Now if
people want their station out there, they should get a sign at gz..."they
don't have build" hah that's not how it works in r/l, if I where to build a
billboard without owning the land well id get in allot of trouble, so in r/l
people rent billboards, and it just so happens that awgz has dj bots, and
billboards for rent, and if you want your station out there, buy space on
the aw blimp! talk to people and use PR, PR is not going

"LISTEN TO MY STASHUN! IT ISH TEH R0X0R$!!!!! IT P0WN3d You ALL!!!!" and
stuff every 5 seconds :)

there are better methods, that are less hostile, quite frank;ly if I saw
sum1 screaming in the street id punch them...there's no need to Spam a
station...

with that said

LISTEN TO MY STATION IT P0WN$!!!!!!
[View Quote]

77 @comcast.net

Jul 31, 2004, 4:12am
the lyrics in chat at alpha GZ is kind of annoying also
[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jul 31, 2004, 5:54am
I don't see how one could possibly impliment an interface that would mute
advertisements, much less lyrics. This whole thread sounds more like a
rant. :P

ferruccio

Jul 31, 2004, 5:54am
Oh, wait, it is a rant. The "Wishlist" title threw me off. >_<

lol... Keep a drone in AWGate, AW, AWTeen and Mars and see how often they
actually come....

But to prove the point...

Check out http://zetech.swehli.com for general chaos, then
http://zetech.swehli.com/activeworlds/ for AW related junk, then
http://zetech.swehli.com/software/ for Eclipse, Then,
http://zetech.swehli.com/features/, visit our sponsors
http://www.wewantyoursoul.com, www.spamisbad.com.

[...]

Annoyed? :) Point proven. (Eep is going to slaughter me now)

The easy option is AWInc add a radio station at each place, and then they
can shaddup! LOL. It seems that 'certain' people have nothing better to do
than send out telegrams to absolutly everyone, heck in one week while I was
away recieved over 30 telegrams from at least 15 different people spamming
about AWEC events, and its exactly the same people spamming about Radios and
such in GZ.

Whats wrong with just having the odd sign up at GZ like the rest of us? Ive
mentioned Eclipse releases about 5 times, when I saw there were known users
of it in the location I was at... were lucky if we dont get 10 of these
messages or things like "CRANK IT UP!!!" in an 30 minute interval... which
is quite irritating considering I am within arms reach of 2 radios, a CD
player, DVD player and TV... ahh the joy of an integrated office environment
and if I wanted to listen to music I could quite easily push one of 10
buttons infront of me for it, but thats my option, I dont need it forcing
down my digital throat...

If these radio stations want my attention they should stop spamming at GZ's
and start getting content that is not available elsewhere such as with the
click of a button.

[View Quote]

count dracula

Jul 31, 2004, 11:10am
You might now forget about all the embedded commercials that you see in
movies for example. Why Bond has a certaon clock or why he happens to park
under a certian billboard etc.

I agree it would be annoying if someone kept spamming an url, but if someone
says it now and then, so newcommers have a chance to tune in; I really do
not see that as an issue.

People who knows to read somehow smoothly can usually recognize that radio
info and skip it an continue with next line. Then again if one really have
to work hard to read, and spend 2 minutes reading through a line, and then
first after reading the enteri sentenece, find out it was a commercial; I
guess one could be a bit upset? For this I would though suggest reading more
and little by little learn to read faster.

Drac
"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> kirjoitti viestiss
news:410aafb1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Whispers :)
>
> The difference being adverts in newspapers etc you know where they are,
same
> on TV... Not thrown in the middle of the collumn your reading about god
> knows what.
>
> - MR

The difference is those same billboards usually end up being destroyed...
you exactly can't drive a tank through OneSummer...

- MR