IS ANYONE INTERESTED... (Community)

IS ANYONE INTERESTED... // Community

1  |

hu

Jul 25, 2004, 4:27pm
Would anyone like to join me in creating a "Children Of Iraq" memorial build
in Alpha World?

Cheers

Hu
www.darksharman.com

"The problems we face today cannot be

solved by the minds that created them."

bro

Jul 25, 2004, 6:31pm
We all feel sorry for the children involved in any war or country
that gas it own people HU. It is a shame people keep having kids to
let them starve.
Like in India where people go without food while cows walk the
streets
Or in the middle east where Pigs could be raised. More kids starve
to death in the world than die in war torn counties. Both are a shame.
It a shame to see people so backward they don't use birth control. It
shame to see women in those counties have no choice because men rule
over them. It a shame to see charities take money and spent on more
adds for more money. It a shame to see the kids who do make it
grow up and have more kids to suffer.
What do think we should do about it? You answer that and we can build
victory build for the world.

If you would like some over weight old white trash like me to do a
build I will be happy to build . We have more food than we can eat in
this country but no way to send it to all those kids and what is
point of sending it if they just going to have more kids to
suffer? We strife to live longer and longer yet make no plans for
the future. Tell me what to build that will make a bit difference.

You don't like our involvement in the lives of other countries.
What would happen if we pulled our troops home and disband the
army. We didn't send any help or aid to any country? If we stopped
people from coming in to our country ? Perhaps the eastern block
countries have enough land to feed the world, but why do they take our
aid then? It a shame that the way humans are setup is that older
people have to die so younger ones can live.

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jul 25, 2004, 8:56pm
Does this memorial build include the million people Saddam killed?

carolann

Jul 25, 2004, 10:05pm
[View Quote] And how abour acknowledging children (and adults) in the Sudan/Darfar
region, Bolivia, Dominican Republic and on and on. Natural disasters can be
devastating, too. Maybe an informational wall or something with a "You Can
Help" button for some situations instead of a memorial build would be good,
if anyone came to see it or really used it anyway. (I wouldn't hold my
breath though, people find out how to help if they are really concerned).
Funds and goods DO get through if you find an agency that you trust or that
has a proven record. Or that you have first hand knowledge that it works.
The word memorial kind of hints that it is too late to help (not that we
shouldn't remember them, too). Preventing or helping to restore means fewer
and smaller memorials.

hu

Jul 26, 2004, 12:12am
Hi again carolann,

My reason for starting this thread was as much to bring the children who are
suffering needlessly everywhere in the world into our awareness. I'm not
saying that you are unaware; it has just been my experience that awareness
heals.

No matter what else happens we can contribute to the healing of our world
with our thoughts. Some call it prayer; others call it meditation and in my
experience miracles happen as we come together in a single unified purpose.

I realize that there are those who have felt insulted by some of my posts in
this NG and I am deeply sorry for it, it was never my intention to do harm.
It is so difficult for all of us to remain objective in these extremely
emotional times. We get confused, we feel the need to defend and sometimes
to attack and we often hurt one another even though it may well be
unintentional.

I am experiencing very powerful feelings about the present climate of war,
terrorism and uncertainty and it is my great desire to join with my fellow
AWers in a solution. because our loving thoughts of them are never wasted,
whether we do a build or not is really not the point (it is only a symbol,)
however as long as we are holding ALL the children in our awareness, healing
can and will happen. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Cheers

Hu
www.darksharman.com
"The problems we face today cannot be solved by the minds that created
them."

[View Quote]

jaguar hahn

Jul 26, 2004, 4:31pm
If it includes the ones that Saddam killed, then yes.

Jag

[View Quote]

weyoun sisko

Jul 28, 2004, 8:44pm
Let them die, thats fewer eaters in the world, more food for the rest.

[View Quote]

count dracula

Jul 30, 2004, 3:05am
I guess the nicest thing I can say to you is , idiot!

"weyoun" <Sisko> kirjoitti viestiss
news:41082c59 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Let them die, thats fewer eaters in the world, more food for the rest.

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Jul 30, 2004, 6:19am
Take the things Weyoun/Commander Sisko says as a grain of salt. He just
wants to stir things up.

count dracula

Jul 31, 2004, 11:03am
Guess I , although having a black sense of humour, did not find that funny
at all.

"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:410a0494$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Take the things Weyoun/Commander Sisko says as a grain of salt. He just
> wants to stir things up.

ferruccio

Jul 31, 2004, 4:39pm
I doubt he was trying to be funny as much as he wanted to make people mad.
I believe Rossyboy was the one who made the sensible post telling everyone
to ignore Weyoun/Commander Sisko