see AW in a new way (Community)

see AW in a new way // Community

1  |

eep

Jul 8, 2004, 10:53pm
I probably mentioned this in these newsgroups years ago when I had access, but Starheart asked in Andras' AW worldbuilders newsgroup (news://news.andras.net/AW.Worldbuilders) so I thought I'd mention it here too.

Use 3D-Analyze: http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html to render AW without textures, in wireframe mode, force anistropic texture filtering (makes AW look a LOT better!), and more.

Would be nice if AW had support for these modes, but...

http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/improve.html

c p

Jul 9, 2004, 3:28am
thanks for the help, but is this thing safe? has anyone checked it? are
there any viruses? or other bad things in it?
[View Quote]

eep

Jul 9, 2004, 3:29am
Of course it's safe--sheesh. But just scan it for yourself if you don't trust me. <shrug>

[View Quote]

tony m

Jul 9, 2004, 3:37am
I have used this program before; it's perfectly safe.

[View Quote]

c p

Jul 9, 2004, 3:44am
Ok thanks :-) I also scanned with Norton 10 times so I hope this isn't a
very good put on
[View Quote]

eep

Jul 9, 2004, 5:14am
You must not know me, c p. I don't put people on. http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/ to learn some things. :P

[View Quote]

liberino

Jul 9, 2004, 11:05am
eep ha scritto:

> I probably mentioned this in these newsgroups years ago when I had access, but Starheart asked in Andras' AW worldbuilders newsgroup (news://news.andras.net/AW.Worldbuilders) so I thought I'd mention it here too.
>
> Use 3D-Analyze: http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html to render AW without textures, in wireframe mode, force anistropic texture filtering (makes AW look a LOT better!), and more.
>
> Would be nice if AW had support for these modes, but...
>
> http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/improve.html

I think you are right eep.
What I really think is that the small and closed developement team of AW
is a big stop to the evolution of the product.
What about Open Source ?

Bye
Liberino

binarybud

Jul 9, 2004, 11:11am
hey there....Welcome back Eep good 2 see you around still....:)

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Jul 9, 2004, 11:30am
Problem there is that AW's massive security holes get blown right open,
because it has them.

(Most notably the IE intergration...)

[View Quote]

liberino

Jul 9, 2004, 12:34pm
[View Quote] The first step to solve a problem is to know that the problem exists.
Liberino

or just being able to make plug ins for the browser would be great :)
plugins to control the movement/speed/ 3d view thing and camera, etc! with
that, we could make AW pretty kick ass! :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Jul 9, 2004, 3:05pm
But what do we do while the problem exists? Shut down the universe?

[View Quote] [View Quote]

pretty sweet ^_^ just, didn't seem to work with me when i was using dx 8.1,
upgraded to 9 and works fine now though! it's pretty sweet! ^_^

-SWE

[View Quote]

alaskanshadow

Jul 11, 2004, 8:16pm