Nothing to laugh about. (Community)

Nothing to laugh about. // Community

1  |

.sharon none

May 10, 2004, 10:41pm
http://www.courttv.com/trials/robinson/

You wonder why anyone might worry?

count dracula

May 10, 2004, 11:57pm
".sharon" <none> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40a0213d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> http://www.courttv.com/trials/robinson/
>
> You wonder why anyone might worry?

I agree, nothing to laugh about, but as I read that one can easily see he
was a killer before comming online.
One victim was for example found through a local newspaper; should we not
read them either to be safe?

builderz

May 11, 2004, 12:02am
http://www.4girls.gov/4girls.cfm?page=safety/internet.htm

.sharon none

May 11, 2004, 12:19am
Thank you that's an excellent website.

Sharon

[View Quote]

linn

May 11, 2004, 12:23am
there is interaction here NOT in a paper sigh you are arguing for the
sake of arguing now you big silly
[View Quote]

count dracula

May 11, 2004, 12:32am
Not arguing. Well one CAN reply a newspaper ad as well as a telegram for
example.
And the fact is that he killed them when he met them. If the mean to trick
them to him is internet or newpaper (snail mail) the result was the same,
was it not ?

The point is that first he had to get their trust, could have happen in the
local pub, library or anywhere as well. Internet was just one way.

"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40a03931$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> there is interaction here NOT in a paper sigh you are arguing for the
> sake of arguing now you big silly
[View Quote]

linn

May 11, 2004, 7:37am
yep you are right and all we meant by all this was that we as a community
should try to rid of those we know are hurting ppl ....:-) btw nice
hair Drac

O_O *wonders why it was builderz and not some chick with that particular
URL*
oh, how come there isn't a 4boys.gov >_< discrimination!

-SWE

[View Quote]

builderz

May 11, 2004, 3:13pm
So I could get Sharon and others to stop posting to the newsgroups about
child and Internet safety? :) I'll get some panic, anxiety, and
obsessive compulsive disorder links next... ;)

Builderz

[View Quote] > O_O *wonders why it was builderz and not some chick with that particular
> URL*

ok, well i hope you had to do a search for it, and not have it book marked!
:)

-SWE

[View Quote]

bro

May 13, 2004, 8:14pm
Think of the children and their right to be treated with honesty.
Sexual advances made by Seiya be it he or she can not be condoned by
the Community or AWI.

[View Quote]

count dracula

May 13, 2004, 9:18pm
Of course one think on the safety of the children, this case just do not
proove it dangerous for the children to be online but the mothers of
children.

In this cases it was the mothers who got tricked by the murderer and the
mothers who took their children to him, not the other way.
Using this case as a base, I cannot then draw any other conclusion that
mothers with underage children must have their accounts suspened in the name
of the safery of their children.

Then again if this Seiya person has done something illegal towards the
children, that is a totally different story

"bro" <bro at geneband.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40a3f360 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Think of the children and their right to be treated with honesty.
> Sexual advances made by Seiya be it he or she can not be condoned by
> the Community or AWI.

[View Quote]

themask

May 13, 2004, 9:23pm
<-Child, and Seiya made a mistake, and has said sorry, but you and a coule
of toher people take it a bit far, 70% of the children on AW know AW, its
just the new citizens; they don't know as much. The more experienced
children on the internet, the more they know to be secure. Me, i've been on
a computer since I was 8, when I first got my own windows 3.1 machine. And
I'm speaking for most of the teenagers on AW, unless they have a different
view (Brock and a couple others I imagine) but other then that, you dont
need to speak for us, we are old enough for our free speech, and you have no
right to force us say things on the internet.

That's my 1 cent.

--

Signed,
TheMask

:: Owner of Delusional-Minds Hosting ::
Free world hosting.. Just a T-Gram will do it.

http://www.delusional-minds.com

themask

May 13, 2004, 9:26pm
I'll agree on that one Count Dracula.

--

Signed,
TheMask

:: Owner of Delusional-Minds Hosting ::
Free world hosting.. Just a T-Gram will do it.

http://www.delusional-minds.com

rossyboy

May 13, 2004, 9:46pm
It goes much further than this. IMO, Seiya has been lying even after she
came out about the Mark Emerson thing.

Take a look at this.
http://www.swcity.net/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=2048;start=0

It says "Guest" because Seiya deleted his/her account. At the time they
were posted, they were posted under the account.