Pissing contests (Community)

Pissing contests // Community

1  |

count dracula

Sep 12, 2003, 9:23pm
I have noticed that he kids, mostly binarybud and bowen has been filling up
the NGs with their fighting. I know I now and then are guilty of doing the
same, but I think this is getting a bit out of hands.

No matter what thread you open you will find a binarybud and bowen fighting.
Maybe AW could open a new group for fights and debates; especially those
that has nothing to do with AW, but are only a result of 2 or more people
disliking eachother

Drac

baro

Sep 12, 2003, 11:19pm
IT's been getting worse and worse, those two are bad, but there are many
others almost are idiotic. I'm so sick of checking the ng's every day just
to have to "mark as read" most all the threats more than a few posts old
since they almost always turn into 2-3 people aruging about who's dad can
beat up the other guy's dad. I might just start blocking all these people.

.duo.

Sep 12, 2003, 11:24pm
lol, I think that wouldn't work. There would be no basis for the fighting.

--
-.Duo. (342836)
[View Quote]

lord perception

Sep 13, 2003, 12:47am
[View Quote] Ugh, not again... *Downloads 300 or so messages from the last week and
attempts to wade through the carnage*

For some reason that escapes me, out of the five News server accounts on my
news reader, the AW Newsgroup is the most flammable and 90% of my killfile
contains entries for this account.

Anyway enough unproductive complaining on my part...
Some times it's better to just to delete the entire AW news account off your
news reader for a while (perhaps for a week or two), let the crap dissolve
away and hopefully by then, order would have returned to the newsgroups.
That is the approach I normally take, otherwise I've found that there is a
danger of getting caught in amongst the crap as well, it also helps to
preserve your own sanity. When on a killfiling spree, it seems you end up
killfiling a large number of posters resulting in nothing coming through
anyway.

Initially these flame fights were amusing, but personally for me they have
become tedious. My posting privs will soon be revoked anyway as my
Citizenship is now expired (Seems for a few days after cit expiry you still
have posting access to the NG's)

--
My Citizenship expired on Monday. Can't be bothered to renew at this time
(Currently Interest is still low). So if anyone sent me telegrams since

wizard myrddin

Sep 13, 2003, 7:49am
Think more like that case of "I'm better then you" and "I can shout better
then you".

Seem its easier to write sarcastic remarks or try and create as much upset
as possible in the light that no one will do anything abut it. We have seen
Enzo stating personal flaming by members will result in banning from the
newsgroups, but still nothing is done, false statements. The only way to
create a worthwhile newsgroup is to remove the members that create flaming
or these that through remarks set out to pursue personal vendettas against
someone that might not sing the same song as them.

As I have always stated these newsgroups are not only read by members but
anyone that can access the internet. What sort of impression is given by the
vulgarities, flaming and personal attacks? If I was a parent who first read
these newsgroups before letter any child of mine become a member I would def
not let them join. Is this the impression Enzo is trying to create?

Yes AW.Inc may not have time to actively monitor the newsgroups and to let a
member loose wiping anything they want in NG's is worse then having flaming.

Solution, live up to your word Enzi and start banning the flamers,
vulgarities, personal attackers from the newsgroup and let people see AW.Inc
does care and is interested in making something which will die a slow
lingering death.

or is it that AW.inc has no Balls to live up to what they said?

Share and Enjoy
[View Quote]

john

Sep 13, 2003, 8:06am
Anything you can do I can do better, anything you can do I can do better
than you

Rofl

~John :)

[View Quote]

weizer

Sep 13, 2003, 11:33am
I agree with that. The purposes of these NGs are to ask for help, help,
express your opinion and defend it but not in the case of something personal
against someone. Also, the best way to stop these threads is to not answer
them at all. Some (a lot) of people answer threads and write "Please can you
two stop posting thread here when you are arguing something personal with
each other bla bla bla..." and then these two persons start arguing with the
person who wrote the thread and it just start again. So please if you don't
like a thread or you find it pathetic (like a lot of people do with The
Lady's ones) please JUST DON'T POST YOU COMMENT AT ALL. Posting a thread
saying that "your post is pathetic and the debate it causes fill up the NGS"
is USELESS. because a lot of people writes that and what it does is FILLING
THE NGS. If you are intelligent and would like to improve the situation, do
not post any reply or comment to this. ANY. If everybody do it, don't worry
the NGS won,t be filled with crap. Saying that a post is pathetic is NOT
CONSTURCTIVE ans IT WILL NOT IMPROVE ANYTHING. Everybody knows it if it is
pathetic, you don't need to say it to everyone. But, if you read the post,
you don't find it pathetic but you do not agree or you agree, now you can
post your opinion and that would be correct arguing. It won't turn against
someone, but against his/her opinion and thats correct to not agree with
someone.

I hope everybody understood my post even with my poor english...sorry.

-Weizer
3f62558e at server1.Activeworlds.com...