E N Z O, why was my Bingo Bot removed? (Community)

E N Z O, why was my Bingo Bot removed? // Community

1  2  |

john

May 11, 2003, 8:41am
Why was my open source bingo bot removed from the BOTS ng?

mrbruce

May 11, 2003, 8:59am
I see it and downloaded it, hope you dont mind but we have a link to your
bot in A!!CT's Bot Center located at 12N 1E. I just link everyone to have
exsposure for their work. : )
MrBruce.

"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote in news:3ebe28d5
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Why was my open source bingo bot removed from the BOTS ng?

You'd be better off asking MS why OE removed the post from your cache :-))
The article's there all right.

KAH

john

May 11, 2003, 2:49pm
np, bruce :-)

[View Quote]

john

May 11, 2003, 2:49pm
Err, it didnt... lol... i tried it on other pc which didn't have it in its
cache and it wasnt there... its still in my cache on this pc.

[View Quote]

scuz

May 11, 2003, 3:46pm
ROFL!!!!!! Enzo wants people to buy AW's bingobot :P

[View Quote]

john

May 11, 2003, 3:48pm
lol

"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote in
news:3ebe7f2b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Err, it didnt... lol... i tried it on other pc which didn't have it in
> its cache and it wasnt there... its still in my cache on this pc.

Blame MS for that too, I assure you the article is on the server. I just
checked with a raw telnet session, so it can't have been cached on my side.

KAH

.duo.

Jun 4, 2003, 11:33pm
I agree, and to add something on, this is an example of how very corrupt AW
is.
[View Quote]

e n z o

Jun 6, 2003, 12:22pm
Ummmm... better check your reader settings

I think ya ticked off the boss man Duo..

.duo.

Jun 7, 2003, 12:35pm
>:-P well I was just saying that on the basis that I get banned for
swearing, get no examples of this from AW, while people who vandalize and
delete builds are not only not banned, but are actually TOLD that they did
something and WARNED. I recieved no warnings from ANYONE, and I have no idea
what I'm really banned for. I think I have a right to say what I did.
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jun 7, 2003, 12:36pm
Reader settings?
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jun 7, 2003, 12:40pm
I'm actually surprised that I said something so extreme that it got him to
post >:-P

Nah Rick posts quite often when he has the time to.

.duo.

Jun 7, 2003, 1:30pm
ah, well I never check the groups so I don't know. :-P
[View Quote]

sk8man2

Jun 7, 2003, 1:37pm
AW never replies... supposedly I wasn't allowed to join beta because my
account is flagged, yet I never knew of my account being flagged or what
for. I e-mailed AW a number of times and *still* haven't gotten any replies.
I don't even know what I've done that could have possibly gotten my account
flagged. For all I know I could have said hello to someone and they flagged
me because I didn't say hi. To date I don't remember EVER doing anything
"illegal" or that would get me flagged in AW. I'm still waiting for a reply
if any AW Reps are reading this.

-Sk8

[View Quote]

.duo.

Jun 7, 2003, 4:36pm
Same with me. Thats why I say AW is corrupt. ENZO, if you really want to
defend AW, tell me why I'm banned. Tell Sk8 why his account is flagged.
Either that or undo both. There is no reason either of us should have these
things if there isn't a reason, and you have no right to say your company
isn't corrupt unless you can show it isn't. Neither of us knew anything
until we were told or found out ourselves, and we were given no examples,
warnings, or anything.
Can we please all just settle this so we can all be happy?

I thank you in advance (because I know you're a reasonably guy and a good
person).

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Jun 7, 2003, 4:44pm
Ya know.....
It's possible that if AWI as a company makes any statements about a user
publicly, they could be liable for a lawsuit.
I'm not sure of that, but I certainly wouldn't be doing it:)

.duo.

Jun 8, 2003, 9:25am
Then why not just e-mail us? If you click "Reply" and not "Reply to Group"
then you can send an e-mail... so why not?

".duo." <ncommons at attbi.com> wrote in
news:3ee31d29$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Then why not just e-mail us? If you click "Reply" and not "Reply to
> Group" then you can send an e-mail... so why not?

Look, what does it matter? The EULA clearly states they can do whatever
they want with your account at their discretion, so they could actually ban
you for absolutely no reason if they felt like it. And they don't have to
tell you why either. As Alphabit said, giving you the reason might get them
into trouble, so just telling you "Hey, you're banned, mate!" is all that's
wise from their point of view.

KAH

.duo.

Jun 8, 2003, 12:36pm
I never saw or agreed to any agreement. Where is it?

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Jun 8, 2003, 1:20pm
Ya know......
In Oregon they have a (no cause) eviction of tenants and a (no cause) 30 day
notice for tenants to vacate a dwelling.
It's to protect against lawsuits should a person make a comment about the
tenant or landlord.
Probably a good thing since we have way too many lawsuits in courts anyways.
Personally speaking, seeing all the negative stuff you have posted in THEIR
newsgroups, I'm surprised you haven't been banned from here:)
What is your intent by bringing this information to the newsgroup?
Wouldn't a private handling of the situation been more advantagous for you
possibly?
Just some food for thought and I hope you can get things resolved:)

".duo." <ncommons at attbi.com> wrote in
news:3ee349d1$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I never saw or agreed to any agreement. Where is it?

You certainly did. What do you think you accept during the installation?

KAH

.duo.

Jun 9, 2003, 3:59pm
I didn't see any EULA in the installation... I wouldn't be surprised if I
didn't just double click the next button and end up skipping it, heh heh
heh. I'll look again >:-P.
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jun 9, 2003, 4:23pm
I have no response for the first three lines.

"It's to protect against lawsuits should a person make a comment about the
tenant or landlord."

I see what your getting at.

"Probably a good thing since we have way too many lawsuits in courts
anyways."

Unless Oregon doesn't have a lot of money, I don't think the amount of
lawsuits being large is bad (but then again I wouldn't know, heh heh heh).

"Personally speaking, seeing all the negative stuff you have posted in THEIR
newsgroups, I'm surprised you haven't been banned from here:)"

Since they are physically loacted in the US, they have to follow all the US
laws, and (controversially) everything in the bill of rights to some degree.

"What is your intent by bringing this information to the newsgroup?"

No intent. Just impulsivity.

"Wouldn't a private handling of the situation been more advantagous for you
possibly?"

Possibly; possibly not.

"Just some food for thought and I hope you can get things resolved:)"

Don't worry, things are getting resolved. (-:

[View Quote]

binarybud

Jun 9, 2003, 4:48pm
hehe you did heheh so whos the ignorant one here?

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Jun 9, 2003, 5:52pm
Cool and I hope that last emoticon is a smile:)
Good luck in your ventures:)
Hugggs:)
Bit;)

--
Swim away old friend.... thanks for the memories:)
[View Quote]

e n z o

Jun 9, 2003, 6:54pm
If you really want to know why, ask your dad.

CCF... ouch..