Getting Web Teleports to work in WinXP (Community)

Getting Web Teleports to work in WinXP // Community

1  |

syntax

May 7, 2003, 8:11pm
Gah, I've put this problem off too long. I'm just gonna ask you guys now.

How do you make teleports that are posted on the internet work!? >_<

(http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?aw_2024.80S_3357.61E_0
..19a_180)

It's different from Win98 and 2000....
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

tengel

May 7, 2003, 8:17pm
Try this

http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?aw_2024.80S_3357.61E_0,
19a_180

[View Quote]

tengel

May 7, 2003, 8:21pm
uppss, was to fast

http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?aw_2024.80S_3357.61E__0
19a_180

this one work

If you click a teleport link in the integrated web browser
window, this does not go through the internet, so those
should work independant from the windows version.
The AW browser recognizes the string "teleport.cgi?" and/or
"objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin" or even just "teleport?"
and executes the teleport without having a web connect.

The external browser needs a registry entry though, I am
not sure how this has to look in XP.

[View Quote]

tengel

May 7, 2003, 8:24pm
some how it breaks up here, but if you have last part as after
http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?
like this aw_2024.80S_3357.61E__019a_180 it should work

[View Quote]

shred

May 7, 2003, 11:03pm
You can thank OE's 72 char line length.

http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?aw_2024.80S_3357.61E__019a_180

[View Quote]

syntax

May 8, 2003, 12:10am
That's what I'm wondering too. mapper.activeworlds.com has instructions on
how to do it in 98 and 2000 and stuff, but I need to know how to do that in
XP. >_<

In the integrated window, the web teleports work fine but from the external
browser...no go.
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

leaf

May 8, 2003, 8:27am
Arr XP!
Xpansion pack of Microsoft Evil
I heard this somewhere "XP - better and new improved looking bugs"

"syntax" <syn at swcity.net> wrote in
news:3eb9bca1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> That's what I'm wondering too. mapper.activeworlds.com has
> instructions on how to do it in 98 and 2000 and stuff, but I need to
> know how to do that in XP. >_<
>
> In the integrated window, the web teleports work fine but from the
> external browser...no go.

Have you tried following the instructions for w2k? It might work, even if
XP is much crappier and eviler than w2k.

KAH

pc hamster

May 9, 2003, 6:29am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] This appears to have been solved if you have 3.4 Beta. In fact, I have so
much confidence in it, I'm gonna start changing over the links on my radio
station websites from my old 3D Homepage to the Hamsterville Ground Zero
area with the recommendation that users have 3.4 Beta installed on their
system.

After that, the City of Hamsterville will have ITS OWN website as it's about
time I start throwing one together now that I have enough stuff to make it
worthwhile and since I've got a few ideas swirling around in my head, it's
about time I start turning some of them into reality and this is just the
incentive to do it too. :-)

Cheers for now :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
Hamsterville Ground Zero - AW 5000N 272E
pchamster at attbi.com
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))