Missing Telegrams? (Community)

Missing Telegrams? // Community

1  |

truetome2

Apr 6, 2003, 2:50am
Ok maybe this has been brought up before and I missed it, but does anyone
else have this problem?
You sign into AW and you are greeted by the IO:
Immigration Officer: Welcome to Alphaworld! :) - The largest building world
in Cyberspace
Operator: You have a telegram.

You look up to the telegram tab and click, but what's this??? Nothing there,
natta, just an empty white box, with either old grams or nothing at all. So
what is happening to the telegrams? I have been online and gramming someone
and I see "Operator: You have a telegram." and look up and nothing, then
the strangest thing happened tonight...I signed in and poof I had tons of
grams that dated back as far as Dec 2002 and as new as today.... I signed
out again and they were gone when I signed back in, so now I am confused.
Look at these screen shots and check all times, one minute I have them the
next I don't.... Anyone have any ideas??? Please I miss my grams :o(

http://link.freepichosting.com/image.cgi/25983/3.jpg =>with all the
missing grams
http://link.freepichosting.com/image.cgi/25983/2.jpg => without the grams
http://link.freepichosting.com/image.cgi/25983/4.jpg => with missing grams
back

It's really strange and if anyone else is having this problem or knows how
to fix it let me know, or I'll throw a huge madcow fit and set fire to this
blazen puter...lmao

Thanks
TrueToMe2

bowen

Apr 6, 2003, 3:07am
I tend to get double telegrams in the non-beta browsers a lot. Maybe they're
related.

--Bowen--

stecloud

Apr 6, 2003, 8:29am
Is your computers date wrong, that could be causing the problem. Perhaps
try deleting all your current telegrams too if you have a lot of them.

Also, if it says you have a telegram and you don't its not too far to assume
someone might be playing a trick on you with a console message.

dlp anne

Apr 6, 2003, 11:14am
Yes if your computers date is wrong and telegrams come in they will be
marked with the date your computer is set with.
If you have old telegrams when they come in, they will be mixed in around
them according to the date they where received.

[View Quote]

tengel

Apr 6, 2003, 11:38am
You should also remember, Consol message can be created so it looks like you
get telegram, a joke from someone that run a bot

"truetome2" <TrueToMe2 at my.activeworlds.com> skrev i melding
news:3e8fb20a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ok maybe this has been brought up before and I missed it, but does anyone
> else have this problem?
> You sign into AW and you are greeted by the IO:
> Immigration Officer: Welcome to Alphaworld! :) - The largest building
world
> in Cyberspace
> Operator: You have a telegram.
>
> You look up to the telegram tab and click, but what's this??? Nothing
there,
> natta, just an empty white box, with either old grams or nothing at all.
So
> what is happening to the telegrams? I have been online and gramming
someone
> and I see "Operator: You have a telegram." and look up and nothing, then
> the strangest thing happened tonight...I signed in and poof I had tons of
> grams that dated back as far as Dec 2002 and as new as today.... I signed
> out again and they were gone when I signed back in, so now I am confused.
> Look at these screen shots and check all times, one minute I have them the
> next I don't.... Anyone have any ideas??? Please I miss my grams :o(
>

> http://link.freepichosting.com/image.cgi/25983/3.jpg =>with all the
> missing grams
> http://link.freepichosting.com/image.cgi/25983/2.jpg => without the grams
> http://link.freepichosting.com/image.cgi/25983/4.jpg => with missing
grams
> back
>
> It's really strange and if anyone else is having this problem or knows how
> to fix it let me know, or I'll throw a huge madcow fit and set fire to
this
> blazen puter...lmao
>
> Thanks
> TrueToMe2

dlp anne

Apr 6, 2003, 11:41am
I have seen another bug on log in where you have telegrams that where sent
when you where not there and they came in at log in but you are not notified
of them.

[View Quote]

mauz

Apr 6, 2003, 1:12pm
[View Quote] And you did not log in under some other citizenship,
or click Sent column title to sort telegrams differently?

Some people complain that their telegram database gets corrupted,
dunno about that, but you could save all your telegrams into a text file
with Andras's Telegram Reader http://andras.net/tools.html#tgreader
then delete the old telegram.dat and telegram.idx files, and start over.

--
Mauz
http://mauz.info

truetome2

Apr 6, 2003, 6:18pm
Hey everyone, thanks for the help, but I must say this is not someone
playing tricks. Also my computers date is correct, this happens to both
myself and my wife who shares the computer. The way we found the lost grams
was due to switching back and forth between accounts, we never had this
problem before and it seems that ever since we dropped from beta and
reinstalled 3.3 we have had this problem. I will however try deleting all
grams and deleting our cache again and see what happens. Thanks Mauz for the
link for Andras's Telegram Reader, if all else fails I will try that.

Thanks
True