*looks around* (Community)

*looks around* // Community

1  |

jstone2004

Feb 18, 2003, 2:15am
have ya'll ran over to the world awrpg? quite interesting, a bit different
than the normal rpg's I've seen, and I'm not even an rpg person :P

light form

Feb 18, 2003, 4:56am
Same, I stumbled into it the other day and can't get myself away. Never
really had patience for RPGs until this. Good management too. I just can't
understand why Mutation, while good in its own right, is hitting 30+ world
pop. but AWRPG cant get above 10...

Try it out people =)
http://www.oriox.com/awrpg

LF

[View Quote]

johnny b jbitt2atjunodotcom

Feb 18, 2003, 12:17pm
It only just opened officially this past weekend. Poseidon and the crew have something pretty fun going over there :O)
Definitely worth checking out !
JB

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Feb 18, 2003, 1:01pm
Yeah I'm adding this world to my RPG list.

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Feb 18, 2003, 6:11pm
it's fairly new, but it'll go up in time :P

ihnk

Feb 18, 2003, 11:50pm
mutation is better :D

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Feb 19, 2003, 12:25am
I went to mutation once, but didn't get into it, wasn't very interesting

ihnk

Feb 19, 2003, 2:00am
because you are blind and stupid, my friend

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Feb 19, 2003, 2:04am
of course :-)

stecloud

Feb 19, 2003, 11:53am
Theres a sitcom idea: a blind, stupid person trying to use AW. They could
use it like any other user - but heres the catch, they can't read what
people are saying ;)

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Feb 19, 2003, 2:10pm
You stole my idea. I'll see you in court!

J/K! LOL

lol, doesnt matter, wasnt a very good one anyway :P how much adventure could
he have? :)
[View Quote]

stecloud

Feb 19, 2003, 5:15pm
I'll have the Friends writers in on thsi one - i'm sure we can get a few
ideas rolling. For example - Kelvin (the blind, stupid guy) wants to enter
a building contest - problem is, he can't see what the coords are.

well, if he was blind he wouldnt have heard about the building contest now
would he? :)
[View Quote]

carlbanks

Feb 19, 2003, 6:35pm
If he was blind how would he be using a computer?

[View Quote]

baron sweetman

Feb 19, 2003, 6:38pm
"carlbanks" <CarLBanks at insight.rr.com> wrote in
news:3e53ea7d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> If he was blind how would he be using a computer?

several braille keyboards exist as well as textreaders.....

carlbanks

Feb 19, 2003, 6:42pm
how would he know what's on the screen?

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Feb 19, 2003, 6:42pm
like how would it tell him what's in AW.

[View Quote] If you lived in the 70's it might have worked. I doubt you'll be able to pinpoint
where on the screen to click and such, it would have to be a group event with people
helping you. This is the same as putting braille on drive through ATM's. Sometimes
I wonder what happened to common sense.

--Bowen--

eric

Feb 19, 2003, 7:05pm
o/^
He relies on intuition, can't see no walls or wells,
Always makes the right click, he builds by sense of smell.
I ain't seen nothing like him, in any world at all,
That blind, stupid Kelvin, sure builds a mean town hall.
o/^

[View Quote]

baron sweetman

Feb 19, 2003, 8:40pm
Any sod can make a bot that gives a sound, or even reads out the
properties of the object when yuo click it. I you have seen steven
hawkins managing to give lectures using only the few muscles he still
controls to navigate a computer you would be less glib.

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com.ANTISPAM> wrote in
news:3e53ee4a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

[View Quote]

stecloud

Feb 19, 2003, 10:00pm
What an excellent Title Theme

[View Quote] Uh yeah. His computer is specialy designed for him. I'll draw a window on the
screen and watch a blind person click feverously all over and input data that isn't
relevant for the text box they're trying to input. It just isn't practical with
PC's. A computer isn't designed for blind people.