[NG Survivor 2] Surprise! It's Survivor! :) (Community)

[NG Survivor 2] Surprise! It's Survivor! :) // Community

1  |

nornny11

Sep 26, 2002, 6:53pm
==SNIP!==

Well, sorry for the extended long week, but production trouble with the cast
have made Week 10 an especially long one for everyone.

Anywho, back on the gamefront, whence last we met, maki bit the dust hard as
him and "the others" couldn't focus their votes, leaving the AWTeeners to
strategically bond together and vote off a perceived threat. Gamecube, once
in danger for his laziness, could be riding the wave up to the Final 4 if
this keeps up.

Meanwhile, we had a special Reward Challenge, a reflection challenge, on
weeks past and weeks ahead. And from there, we got 4 extremely provocative
confessionals from Ambi, Lioness, Eric, and Mod. Life isn't all that great
for our survivors, as plans backfire, alliances shift, and danger approaches
all. If you want to read any of these diaries, they're in the last NG
Survivor 2 thread titled "[NG Survivor 2] No shades of grey."

Now, to win the challenge, sucking up to me won't cut it. :) I only count
the criteria met in each diary. However, there is someone else who will
assist me in determining the winner of a tee-shirt, ressurected NG Survivor
1 castaway, Tony M. He's the one that lost, along with 14 other people. ;)

I picked Tony because he wrote extraordinary diary entries with intricate
plots (although I died every 4 out of 5 entries), pictures (posted on an
HTML page and linked through a post of course), and so forth. :) He made
these diaries look like kindergarten memoirs. And so, I set him loose to
grade by whatever criteria he likes. He ranked each diary, and first place
winner of Tony's opinion will get 5 extra points to criteria met. :)

First off, for anyone who'd like to see Tony's careful dissection of each
person's diary, head on over to http://66.68.106.201:8000/aw/NGS.htm (note
the capital "NGS"!).

What'd he think of the diaries overall?

"I personally found no real [exciting] drama in these entries, so I decided
to just attack the [lack of] proper English usage"

He musta had a field day with that trip. :)

Anyways, I'll announce everyone's score.

MOD: I gave him 7 points. :) Tony gave him 70 out of 100 points, leaving him
in 4th place on his list. 8 points total.

LIONESS E: 9 points. :) Tony gave her a perfect score, and she was the top
finisher on his list, which means she ends up with 14 points.

AMBIENT SPIRIT: 11 points for me. :) Tony gave her an 87 out of 100,
including extra credit for her ingenius backstabbing. She managed a third
place, meaning she ends up als owith 14 points.

ERIC: 11 points for me. Tony gave him a 98 out of a 100. He came in second
and collectively ends with 15 points.

Well, it was a CLOSE race but Eric is taking home his first Reward Challenge
win. :)) Lioness and Ambi came behind a close second.

Back at camp...Lioness was no where to be seen. ;( Some suspect she was
taken by the hippos at night, but then realized there are no hippos in
NGS2002. ;) So where could she be? I'll explain later. ;)

Immunity Challenge time. In the darkest of dark, our survivors were told a
story around the campfire. It's called Australian Survivor, and told the
story of the 16 Australians who competed in Survivor in the most remote part
of their backyard. The story started from the begining and ended at the
Final Two. Our survivors then were brought to the south challenge field,
where only the cauldron provided light. They would have to run around in the
dark to find 6 questions. If they answered correctly, they would be given
the name of one of the Final Two Australian Survivors. If they answered
incorrectly, they were warped back to the cauldron and had to renavigate
back to the question.

If they answered all 6 questions, the winner of Australian Survivor would be
revealed, and the survivor must climb the cauldron and say who won
Australian Survivor first. :) The game was close, as Builderz, Gamecube,
Mod, and Ambient Spirit raced around the paths answering questions. Builderz
continually got warped, and Ambi went a bit too slow. Gamecube and Mod were
everywhere.

In the end, Gamecube called the winner first, but was not atop the cauldron.
Less than a second later, Mod called the winner from atop the cauldron and
took home his first individual immunity necklace.

Immediately after that was Tribal Council this week, due to a cold I caught
and many postponements. Gandalf already submitted his vote that day. :)
Everyone at the Immunity Challenge voted, leaving Eric and Lioness offline
when Council took place. Eric handed in his vote the next day, and Lioness
just submitted her vote today. She's suffering from citizenship problems as
well as personal issues at home. How will this play out in the game? Who
knows. ;) I'll just get to it and tally the votes. maki is also at Tribal
Council, and will receive your votes.

First vote...Lioness.

Second vote...

Lioness.

Gandalf...

That's two Lioness, 1 Gandalf.

Lioness.

Gandalf.

Gandalf. Three each for Gandalf and Lioness.

....The next person to leave NG Survivor.

*holds out vote* Gandalf.

*snuffs out torch* I'm sorry Gandalf, but the tribe has spoken. *tribal
council music climaxes* You will be joining maki in the Jury, but before you
go, please grace us with some Final Words on the game. Thanks and good game.

Well, we're down to our Final 6. Lioness barely escaped a surprising Council
as the oldies came together. But who was the swing vote from AWTeen's side?
Was it Gandalf, who paid the price immediately by the oldies? Or was it one
of the remaining AWTeener's own?

Check out the website tommorow and see how the tribe voted. ;)

Now, this week is going to fly by, hopefully. :) Here's your next Reward
Challenge. Since we're on the subject of Australian Survivor, let's go rock
climbing! Doesn't make sense? :) Log onto
http://survivor.ninemsn.com.au/oz1/download/default.asp and find the Rock
Climbing game to make some sense. :)) Anyone is welcome to play, just email
me a screenshot of your score (no need to snip). :)) Highest scorer wins a
tee-shirt.

Immunity Challenge will be this Saturday still at 5pm VRT, unless otherwise
stated. Be there or be voted off. hehehe. Oh, and write some diaries!
--
From the Newbie's Guide to the AW NG:

"Nornny11 - The original wishy-washy man, this one can actually insult you
and compliment you in the same breath, and in the end say absolutely
nothing! What a talent!"

gandalf

Sep 27, 2002, 6:28am
Ahhh well...it was a bit of fun everyone! No hard feelings! Now Nornny,
shouldn't the women of the group go back to the kitchen where they belong?
If they can reach the computer, someone needs to shorten the chain. Just
remember fellow Survivor's, I'll be back! MUWHAHAHAHAHA!

de de cyber mom

Sep 27, 2002, 10:06am
hope not to soon

"gandalf" <Gandalf at madactor.co.uk> schreef in bericht
news:3d94169e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ahhh well...it was a bit of fun everyone! No hard feelings! Now Nornny,
> shouldn't the women of the group go back to the kitchen where they belong?
> If they can reach the computer, someone needs to shorten the chain. Just
> remember fellow Survivor's, I'll be back! MUWHAHAHAHAHA!

ambient spirit

Sep 27, 2002, 11:04am
Dear Diary,

I am cut to the quick! Accused of backstabbing!! That was no backstab.. I
call it self-preservation!! :)
What is a girl to do? There have only been two females in the tribe from
the outset! We need each others support, along with a few genuine male
supporters. I was asked to vote with the Goosie Goosie Gandy alliance and
was told that one of their own AWTeeners was in the firing line.. and then..
out of the blue I receive information from someone not in that alliance or
the game, that in actual fact, Lioness is their next target . Well, I
just could not let that happen, I would be the last remaining female in
the tribe... and I would be eaten for breakfast! On top of it I felt
side-lined! Why didnt the alliance let me know themselves???

As I see it now, there are 2 sides... 4 against 3.. We do not have an
alliance.. we just seem to be thinking along the same lines.. How long it
will last?.... who knows :P I have got this far.. having made no
enemies that I am aware of and I am ecstatic! If I have to go next it
will be with grace and aplomb :)) Gandy... well played and enjoy your seat
on the jury, It should be very interesting.. you and the person you voted
to leave.... maki.

[View Quote]

gandalf

Sep 27, 2002, 11:11am
I agree

builderz

Sep 27, 2002, 1:29pm
No, this isn't my diary entry, but I just wanted to clear something up.
Since Gandalf has been voted off of NGS, I feel that I can discuss this
openly now. There seems to have been a rumor going around that I was in
an alliance with Gandalf. I have also heard that he called me "weak" and
seemed to have been spreading lies about me. I can honestly say that I
*am not* and *never was* in any type of alliance, bond, or pact with
Gandalf. I just wanted to clarify that. For those who originally brought
this to my attention, I thank you.

-Builderz

Welcome to the Newsgroup! :D

SW Chris

[View Quote]

mod

Sep 27, 2002, 5:21pm
I agree, I would hope not to be considered in an alliance, especially not
with the AWTeen people, I consider all the remaining cast aways good
friends, and hope they feel the same way about me. I hate to vote this way,
but Its a strategic game, and I feel I am playing the game with strategy,
but also fairly. I truthfully say I am not in an *alliance* when people come
to me and ask me to vote for a specific person, I weigh out for a very long
time which one I think should go. So in reply to Ambi's post I you may see
it as two sides, I see it as three 4, against 2. With me in the middle being
torn to pieces. Just felt like getting that off my chest :)

-Mod
[View Quote]

nornny11

Sep 27, 2002, 5:28pm
Oh! Forgot to mention! :)) Reward Challenge results are due BEFORE Tribal
Council, whenever that may be (most likely Sunday 5pm). And thanks a bunch
guys for some GREAT dishing. I guess all it took was one castaway for you
all to clean out your closets. ;) Keep em coming, truth or nontruth!

From the Newbie's Guide to the AW NG:

"Nornny11 - The original wishy-washy man, this one can actually insult you
and compliment you in the same breath, and in the end say absolutely
nothing! What a talent!"
[View Quote]

lioness.

Sep 27, 2002, 10:22pm
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((smoooooooooooooooooooooooch)))))))))))))))))))
)))))))))) ;-"D no hard feelings here either hon....all in the name
of the game. And as you can see, we women are STILL in the game and without
chains.

[View Quote]

de de cyber mom

Sep 28, 2002, 2:56am
ahhhh think there are still a few ppl here that i like and make sence then
traching and bickering about stupid things like spellcheckers lafs hard
slaps knees tears in my eyes from laughing should be timeflol <<< tears in
my eyes from laughing out loud

thx for the welcome i been here befor but when you post something they try
to kill you hear chains lafs

DeDe is here cracks open the whip in the NSG's

"lioness." <nobody at nowhere.net> schreef in bericht
news:3d94f640 at server1.Activeworlds.com...