Hosting & Stuff (VR RADIO TOO)... all cheap...can be paid online monthly! (Community)

Hosting & Stuff (VR RADIO TOO)... all cheap...can be paid online monthly! // Community

1  |

john

Jun 21, 2002, 7:42pm
http://www.zenith-studios.com

:-)

joeman

Jun 21, 2002, 9:38pm
Scripting errors, invisible links (due to color), expensive prices, name is
already in use (small gaming company).

-Joe

[View Quote]

shorah

Jun 22, 2002, 12:24am
He's using doteasy.com, a notorious free spam-based website host. Since the
main page isn't even hosted on his own doteasy account
(dynamite-software-hosting.com/zenith), it makes me wonder what kind of
possible scam this is. From what I understand,
"dynamite-software-hosting.com" is owned by the same company that was
distributing a resource-cracked version of the 3.1 AWLD browser. The
purchasing page is a mess with incorrect pricing and inaccurate product
descriptions.

I wouldn't give this person my money... O.o

Shorah
115213

[View Quote]

maki

Jun 22, 2002, 2:38am
lol O_O oddness that

--
maki [www.awmaki.com]
Promote Jtech! ;)

[View Quote]

john

Jun 22, 2002, 6:21am
No. Atcually Dynamite Software Hosting, my previous company was distributing
ChatZone 3D which we are no longer. Plus ChatZone 3D was made with Visual
Basic, not C++ (or C) like AW!
[View Quote]

john

Jun 22, 2002, 6:23am
Hey plus! I paid over £60 for both www.zenith-studios.co.uk and
www.zenith-studios.com .... you think i'd waste all my own money for a scam!

[View Quote]

john

Jun 22, 2002, 6:25am
People, I'm just trying to start my own company and get a bit of money so
that I can help pay for all the worlds I own in AW.

[View Quote]

john

Jun 22, 2002, 6:43am
Erm tx joe.. can't really do anything about it now....I don't think they
will refund my £60.. lol... no scripts... odd... must be you and i'm not
sure what's wrong with invisible links.. show up OK in front page.
~John

Theyre doomed..

gandalf

Jun 22, 2002, 9:07am
They said the same about the real world in 2000.

john

Jun 22, 2002, 9:23am
lol... weird

Please! I'm dying.. slowly.. i'll be dead probably in 60-70 years!

It shouldent be in this NG anyway

john

Jun 22, 2002, 11:20am
Why not? We do world, univ & galaxy hosting which means people might want it

"john" <johnfricker at lineone.net> wrote in
news:3d1479ad at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Why not? We do world, univ & galaxy hosting which means people might
> want it

Because it's SPAM :-))

KAH

joeman

Jun 22, 2002, 1:58pm
* Your CCS isn't in a tag block, its just floating around out in space, at
least that's what my debugger says.
* You changed your CCS so the links show up, good job, you deserve a cookie,
but you still forgot about your 'contact us' page.
* Contact%20Us.htm, what's that? 8.3!! 8.3!!!
* The fact still remains that the business name you chose is already in use
by another company. (http://www.zenithstudios.com)
* You provide no information on what you host on, for all we know its your
normal gaming PC connected to the internet with a 56k.
* Your prices are also not "cheap", ImaTowns, a very credited and good
hosting company costs less in most cases then you do and has better service.
* Everyone looooovvveesssss frames! Not.

-Joe

[View Quote]

john

Jun 22, 2002, 3:36pm
How is it spam? loads of other people advertise hosting.... i've seen
loads... how does this differ?
[View Quote]

john

Jun 22, 2002, 6:34pm
Look at services... thats what we host
:-)

And I did fix that... there seems to be an error with front page

Why does everyone always put fake copyrights on their sites?

--Bowen--

joeman

Jun 22, 2002, 7:11pm
What... you... host... on... Not 'What you host.', 'What you host on.'. The
machine that all of the programs run on... Its just like me saying "I'll
sell you a car for $50,000, but I wont let you see it or tell you anything
about it."

-Joe

[View Quote]

agent1

Jun 22, 2002, 7:12pm
From what I've read of United States copyright law, anything placed into a "fixed form" is immediately protected. Of course, if you
plan to enforce your copyright, it is best to register. However, people may still display copyright notices because it *is*
protected by copyright.

Hmm, I could've sworn it was copyright fraud if you placed a false copyright
notice without having registered.

agent1

Jun 22, 2002, 7:40pm
Not really :) http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/circ03.html

lord fett

Jun 23, 2002, 3:49am
It is called intellectual copyright. This means that anything that you make
yourself is copyrighted by you.

"john" <johnfricker at lineone.net> wrote in news:3d14b589
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> How is it spam? loads of other people advertise hosting.... i've seen
> loads... how does this differ?

Because you're not doing it in an informative way, and your hosting is
commercial too. And there are others that have spammed their hosting
services here too (don't bother to reply, InSaNiTy). And also when replying
to people asking about hosting, it isn't SPAM, but you posted it without
any prior request for information. You should wait until someone asks about
hosting before you post about your service :-))

KAH

mod

Jun 23, 2002, 1:33pm
I wouldn't pay for it, thats a given, being as I have my own dedicated
computer just for hosting, things that I host worlds, bot, whatever for
FREE, as a service to the community :)

-Mod