Newsgroups... (Community)

Newsgroups... // Community

1  |

flagg

Mar 5, 2002, 5:34pm
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

As most of you are aware there has been some changes lately in the
Activeworlds Universe. Currently the staff at Activeworlds has less time to
devote to many of the things a lot of you are use to us taking care of.
Less time and a influx of postings has made it difficult to keep up with
every post and thread in these groups and I greatly appreciate the
individuals who have helped me in this task through e-mail, telegrams and by
phone.

After today some users will find they can no longer post here. There
accounts were closed without warning as a direct result of their use of
obscenities, objectionable language, or personal attacks in expressing their
opinions. No accounts were removed for any other reason.

Over the past few weeks we have had several complaints regarding some of the
posters methods in these newsgroups. Though the disruptions to the
Newsgroups were obvious, there was no clear violation of the guidelines
previously set forth. However, the original purpose of these guidelines was
to keep these newsgroups a friendly environment for all to use without
reservations. It seems obvious that these guidelines, though eliminating
the original issues we all faced a few months ago, do not address all the
possibilities of what can disrupt an otherwise creative, resourceful and
helpful environment. So starting today if I receive ten complaints from ten
unique Activeworlds Newsgroup users regarding another user who is found to
be disrupting the intended purpose of these newsgroups then we will allow
the Activeworlds Newsgroup community to vote on the disrupting users future
posting ability. All complaints must be received within one week of each
other and no account can be voted on more than once every two months.
Previous policies do not change and we will still remove accounts for
vulgarity, obscenity and personal attacks without warning.

It is my sincere hope that this new system will help resolve some of the new
concerns many of you have and return our Newsgroups, again, to a peaceful
environment where you all can freely exchange knowledge and ideas.

Sincerely

Tom Fournier
Customer Service / Sales Manager
Activeworlds.com Inc.
95 Parker St.
Newburyport, MA 01950

www.activeworlds.com

"Just because someone does not agree, does not mean they didn't hear you."

baro

Mar 5, 2002, 5:38pm
Heh, your quote at the end there sums up my ex pretty well....
"you don't understand/listen to anything I say"
"yes I do.. I just don't agree"

dion

Mar 5, 2002, 5:39pm
Thank you for dealing with this. The newsgroup will be a lot less uhh insane
now ;-)
[View Quote]

ihnk

Mar 5, 2002, 5:42pm
thanks! :-)

[View Quote]

dotar sojat

Mar 5, 2002, 7:45pm
OK so who do we still have here?

Thanks a lot, Flagg. You came to save the day once again. :)

SW Chris

[View Quote]

nornny11

Mar 5, 2002, 10:19pm
Hopefully, my wits hasn't offended anyone to the point of kicking me out of
the newsgroup (how Survivor'ish). :) Kicking me physically and emotionally
could be another story. In all honesty, I barely read the newsgroups
anymore. :P

Nornny