rolu // User Search

rolu // User Search

1  |  

Offline building

Oct 16, 1998, 5:23am
Can they see *what* you chat?

I think that when you use Robo for a small piece, like a 5x5 lot for a
house, they probably won't notice. A lot of things happen in AW, and I don't
think that someone has time to check it all.

Rolu

[View Quote]

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might...

Oct 15, 1998, 9:17am
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00B8_01BDF83E.324845E0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Why can't we see it?
[View Quote] I sure haven't. I wish Roland would publish it some where.
Eep=B2 <eep at tnlc.com> wrote in article =
<36250E60.83B0F20C at tnlc.com>...=20
> Wanna bet? If anything it's getting longer. Have you seen it =
recently?=20
>=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_00B8_01BDF83E.324845E0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 =
Transitional//EN">
<META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' name=3DGENERATOR>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Why can't we see it?</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: =
5px">
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_00B8_01BDF83E.324845E0--

Virtual Virus

Oct 15, 1998, 5:13pm
[View Quote] What?!? Are you nuts? What do you think of the work someone has put in his
work?? "Hey, i can't touch it, so it won't matter if we demolish it"? It
ain't real as in RL, but it exists on our computer screen, and in our minds,
so IT WILL MATTER IF IT GETS DEMOLISHED!! It AINT fun!

Go away!

I find your argument fails to address anything except of
>the of the common good of the few who you represent.
>Chaos would inject vigour into AW - Order causes a lack of variation
>which inevitabley results in a slow degenerative process.
>Order also restricts freedom - something which contradicts the concept
>of the medium though which it passes.
>You finish with lame attack on Quake players(not that I played it) which
>obviously shows at which level you're mind was operating at when you
>wrote your reply.
>The main point is that the real world and the virtual world are
>different so the effect of a factor on one will not necessarily be the
>same effect on the other. Maybe if you thought a bit before you replied,
>you would have come to the same conclusion - then again, maybe not..
>
>Nas
>
[View Quote]

Virtual Virus

Oct 16, 1998, 5:55am
We ain't cracking someone down, we are forming an opinion about this. That
needs some discussion. And I think that someone who thinks vandalizing
property is fun is NUTS!!

This is exactly what we do, share information. We share the information that
we don't like some things, and that we like some things. This is to know
what most people want, and that is the purpose of this NG, to find out what
should be implemented first.

You say that you behave like this at home? :-)

[View Quote]

Virtual Virus

Oct 16, 1998, 5:56am
Sure. That is what discussing things is about.

[View Quote]

Holographic Storage

Oct 17, 1998, 10:24am
"There will be a world market for about five computers, I think"....

[View Quote]

JOYSTICK SUPPORT

Oct 15, 1998, 9:13am
Cool idea. Especially when jumping is implemented.

button1:jump
button2:run on/off
button3:shift

or:
button1twice: jump
button1 once: fly up
button2 once: fly down


[View Quote]

More music in AW

Oct 15, 1998, 7:49am
We can play MID files from within AW, but what about support for MOD, XM,
S3M, MTM etc? I have a lot of <100kb MOD files that would be nice in my
town. The XM and S3M files I have are way too big, but I suppose that there
are small ones out there, too.

Rolu

This would be handy

Oct 15, 1998, 7:56am
What about a way to check the status of some things in AW, and let another
object react on it? I mean, something like "activate if object1 visible on
then object1 visible off else object1 visible on" on a sign2.rwx, in stead
of a flip-flop construction with 2 signs. I think that there will be alot of
possibility's for this one. I miss it all the time when building something
more complex, like an open-close sign for a door or so.

Rolu

Flying like a plane

Oct 15, 1998, 9:16am
If we would fly, make the forward key do the same as look down (pgdwn), and
the backward key the same as look up (pgup), and when going forward we would
go in the direction we were looking at, so when looking down, we would go
down. Just like flying a little plane. Would be very cool.

Rolu

Novices/private worlds

Oct 16, 1998, 5:29am
The X means that X rated activity's are going on in that world. Not that
tourists aren't allowed. A better way would be a checkbox for a worldowner:
"Allow tourists (y/n)" or something alike. The rating system is not meant as
an absolute protection, just to help people who don't want to get in a world
above a certain rating. However, I don't think that a "you can't enter this
world, no tourists allowed" sounds very friendly to tourists.

[View Quote]

Novices/private worlds

Oct 17, 1998, 10:50am
Registered users can be 9 or 10 years old also.

[View Quote]

Virtual? =P

Oct 16, 1998, 5:41am
I don't want this gangs and virusses, too. Some of these idea's are funny,
but only for a while. So, I suggest that they are implemented in one or a
few worlds, and that the rest of AW remains like it is (but with progress,
off course). Like, a big 3D multiplayer shooting game can be fun. However,
not in AWprime or AWschool, or AWgate, or whatever nice world that is for
building and chatting. So, make one world that is a 3D shooter world, and if
one likes to shoot, he can go there. If one wants to chat and build, he
won't go there.

Rolu

[View Quote]

More Building commands

Oct 16, 1998, 5:48am
Like the idea in my "this would be handy" message, but with variables. I
think this is a good idea. However, opening and closing a door can be done
without a variable if you can check the visibility and solidity of an
object. Like if door1 visible on then door1 visible off, door1 solid off
else door1 visible on, door1 solid on. This can be done with 2 doors, too.

Rolu

[View Quote]

More Building commands

Oct 17, 1998, 7:19am
[View Quote]
I use an if/then/else command, too, but I use the visibility/solidity of the
door object as a variable. However, in other situations, self-declared
variables can be handy, too.

>Good show Abbot, it has possibilities.
>
>ScottyDM
>
>--
>Please send all SPAMS, FLAMES, and CONSPIRACY THEORIES to scottydm at cwia.com
>Send all other IMPORTANT CORRESPONDENCE to scottydm at codenet.net
> ___
> /////\\ Digitally Enhanced Portrait of:
> {|-0-0-|} Scott D. Miller,
> | % | Silicon Mercenary
> \===/ Freelance Chip Designer
>
>always #5 FOO = ~FOO; // the sound of a beating heart

Tourists/World Owners

Oct 18, 1998, 10:25am
But when you try to make a bot that tracks down ppl using bad words, you
don't necessarily have to eject them while still developing the bot. Just
make the bot report to you: "<name> said <sentence>, I think this is a good
reason to kick him out", but don't let the bot do so.

[View Quote]

Tourists/World Owners

Oct 18, 1998, 6:36pm
[View Quote]
LOL :-)

Yes, but only when you want to check if the bot's algorithm works well. When
it does, you can add a line to your code to actually make the bot eject.
When it doesn't, no-one gets kicked out for nothing, and you can go see what
is wrong. :-)

>ScottyDM
>
>--
>Please send all SPAMS, FLAMES, and CONSPIRACY THEORIES to scottydm at cwia.com
>Send all other IMPORTANT CORRESPONDENCE to scottydm at codenet.net
> ___
> /////\\ Digitally Enhanced Portrait of:
> {|-0-0-|} Scott D. Miller,
> | % | Silicon Mercenary
> \===/ Freelance Chip Designer
>
>always #5 FOO = ~FOO; // the sound of a beating heart

Please answer..

Oct 16, 1998, 6:14am
Criterion also has VooDoo drivers... I wish to use them with AW, but is this
possible? If so, how can I tell AW to use this DLL?

Rolu

Please answer..

Oct 17, 1998, 10:22am
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_003F_01BDF9D9.86CAD0A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have a VooDoo rush chipset, so full screen/window won't be a problem. =
But the drivers have to be able to work with a rush too. However, if I =
can't tell AW to use them, I think there is no possibility. Thanks for =
the help.

Rolu
[View Quote] Criterion also has VooDoo drivers... I wish to use them with AW, =
but is this=20
possible? If so, how can I tell AW to use this DLL?=20
Rolu

--=20
Chris Wickens=20
Quote: A feature is a bug with seniority.=20
______________________________________________=20
Business Home Page: http://www.bigfoot.com/~realitywebs=20
Personal Home Page: http://members.home.com/wicken=20
ActiveWorlds name: rur=20
ICQ UIN: 183367=20
=20


------=_NextPart_000_003F_01BDF9D9.86CAD0A0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 =
Transitional//EN">
<META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' name=3DGENERATOR>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I have a VooDoo rush chipset, so =
full=20
screen/window won't be a problem. But the drivers have to be able to =
work with a=20
rush too. However, if I can't tell AW to use them, I think there is no=20
possibility. Thanks for the help.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Rolu</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: =
5px">
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01BDF9D9.86CAD0A0--

Properties box

Oct 17, 1998, 10:52am
[View Quote]
Not at all. This could come in very handy.

>Raptor
>REINSTATE PROTAGONIST!!!!!!
>
>

Offline World Kind of

Oct 18, 1998, 10:31am
And if you take this idea, plus the ability to have the ppl on the same
intranet network as you are on in your world, you have a $2000-$10000
galaxerver. :-)

[View Quote]

irc-like cmnd line interface

Oct 27, 1998, 12:39pm
Not with variable IP's.

[View Quote]

Re: I have some sort of fix for the texture mask problem.

Oct 26, 1998, 7:51pm
I don't think it would be very hard to make some sort of registry file in
the texture directory of the object path that would tell AWbrowser wich
files have a mask. Problem solved :-)

Rolu

[View Quote]

1  |  
Awportals.com is a privately held community resource website dedicated to Active Worlds.
Copyright (c) Mark Randall 2006 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Awportals.com   ·   ProLibraries Live   ·   Twitter   ·   LinkedIn