drubi // User Search

1  |

Xelagot 3.600 with SQL

Jun 20, 2004, 8:32am
Thanks Alex,

It seems to work great with MySQL 4.0.18 :)
As others have stated, I also think that this is a great leap forward to
interactivity and compatibility, as well within the environment of Active
Worlds as to other (web)applications.
Thank you once more for your devotion and work to enhance your already great
bots and dedication to the community.

Rob

"xelag" <xelag at digitalspace.com> a écrit
news:ihq8d01uaosnnkcl8fu9vt2c0bnu7tbjj3 at 4ax.com:

> Due to a delay in the availability of AW 3.6 SDK build 38, this
> version is compiled with AW 3.5 SDK build 37.
>
> It is interesting for scripters, as it includes connectivity to some
> SQL databases, especially to mySQL.
>
> Please read details at
> http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html
>
> Alex

Xelagot 3.600 with SQL

Jul 4, 2004, 12:52pm
"just in" <anon at no.spam.com> a écrit
news:40dad3ae at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I look forward to writing a script that uses the database via
> MySQL... if someone beats me to it could you perhaps share it wtih
> Alex to add to his example files on his web site?

I've modified an already existing script to use MySQL fuctionality from
which I can provide some examples.
If you're interrested, you can write to Xelag and ask him kindly for my e-
mail address.

Greetings,

Rob

> Regards Justin

[View Quote]

Bot hosting...

Jan 14, 2005, 9:26pm
"TheMask" <ricky at whaletech.net> a écrit news:41e84dd1$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It wouldn't be hard on Windows to control your bots, and your domains
> under one server. You could login with an account, and control
> everything graphically, basically.

I agree that it wouldn't be hard, if ... if .. if ..
Each of LNH's questions on its own wouldn't be difficult, but to combine
them...
To manage the domains and become the authority, you need to install the
zones on a DNS server plus the reverse zone, or rather two servers
(primairy, secondairy).
If you manage the domains, you'll also need to manage the mail accounts for
those domains (or relay them for those domains, one way or an other, being
responsable for the MX records for these domains).
You'll need to specify the mail server which will handle the mail. Anyway,
to my knowledge, a DNS server can't become an authority without a properly
configured zone, including a functional MX record.
It's not as easy as a website. For each domain to have seperate (routable)
IP's, you'll need an IP pool from which you can attribute each of them one.
Providing remote access of some sort maybe wouldn't be that difficult, if
.... You might want to restrict that access to only one machine, you wouldn't
want people peeking around and access your entire network, not ?

Drubi

Bot hosting...

Jan 15, 2005, 11:15am
"TheMask" <ricky at whaletech.net> a écrit
news:41e8d109$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

[View Quote] I agree with TheMask that it's not likely to find a company who can offer
the all-in services you require. At least not as a standard package.
As for LNH's question, the domains aren't the complicating factor, but a DNS
server doesn't just become an authority on the Internet like that. You can
fiddle around on your own LAN, but not over the Internet. It's not that
simple. Otherwise your domains might go *poof* and disappear from the
Internet instead of your bots ;)
One question which tickels my curiuosity though, LNH; for which reason would
you want all these services to be combined ?
Just so your bot will carry a myname.mydomain.com when it connects ?

Bot hosting

Jan 13, 2005, 4:54pm
Hi LNH,

You could send an email to Alterlinks, I believe they might have
possibilities for certain customised solutions.

Drubi

Bot hosting

Jan 14, 2005, 7:04pm
"Lady NightHawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> a écrit
news:41e7310a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I'm looking for a hosting company for my websites, but would like to
> consider including bot servers on my domains from whichever host I
> change to soon. I'm not looking to pay for bot hosting as a separate
> feature but as part of whatever hosting package I decide on. Thanks for
> your input tho. More to the point for me is that those who hosts bots
> ... who is THEIR hosting company LOL.
>
> LNH

I don't post often, but you're welcome for the input. Just keep in mind that
I wouldn't have posted knowing there might not be a slight possibility ;)
The problem with regular domain hosting services is probably that they might
never have heared of AW and wouldn't know how to handle it. Unless of course
as others stated below (sorry about that, my previous post was supposed to
go in your thread, instead it started a new one (like I said, I don't post
often)) you can find a company offering DNS services for your domains and
email, webservices, windows servers to run your Xelagot scripts and VPN
access or remote desktop access of some sort.
As already stated, the X1 isn't really suitable as a hosting solution.
I'm not even sure if it exists, a package which meets all your requirements.
But then again, I've never especially looked for one, so maybe they do.
Hope you'll find you're looking for though and please let us know if you do,
might be interresting for others as well.

Drubi

Easy Mover Software

Aug 27, 2005, 1:44pm
"Neophile" <neophile at abyssia.net> a écrit news:4300c668$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I'm pleased to present you my last software for AW in multilanguage
> version. It usefull for animation and travelling in a world. It's in
> free download on my web site http://www.abyssia.net/EMoverEN.php
>
> You can see it in action on the world Gala (the train called Rosalie)

Looks quite good and actually worked.
Can it be used for other objects as well ?

Regarding a post seen in the Beta group.

Oct 3, 2002, 5:52pm
I can only agree with the statement below, of course one can expect there
to be differences between "Voodoo" (1) and "Voodoo" (5).
There will be a moment where "dinosaurus" (would this be considered to be
discrimination of the dinosaurus?) will no longer be supported.

Opinions might be different, but still I do not consider the Voodoo 5 to be
a dinosaurus yet. In general I'm pretty satisfied with the average
performance of my own system. Probably no longer the "top of the line",
maybe not even anymore if I would have bought it a couple of weeks ago, but
I don't think that any software should be written on supporting "the top of
the line" and for (a bit) older systems... oh well, too bad.
As long as the hardware is still supported, bugs, which I can confirm are
definitely there since the 3.3 version, ought still to be taken into
consideration. Compromises might have to be made in developping graphical
software, which is understandable, but simply ignoring glitches seems to me
to be a rather easy way out.

Now it's maybe only the (small) group of Voodoo card users, tomorrow it
might be the group of users with a same card as yours :)

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at skywalkeronline.net> wrote in
news:3d9c9660 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Now it really depends on what your voodoo card is... and this is
> directed with everyone out there with a voodoo card or any card that's
> more than 2 or 3 years old.

Please read / AW HACKED

Jul 14, 2003, 4:29pm
The world is a 3.4 build 56, binding to a non-default port.
The bug is present in this version ?

It was part of the Beta test program and has always been updated the same
day a new worldserver version became available, up to the current version.

"mod" <mod at darkbirdie.com> wrote in
news:3f12ee85$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Ok guys I read these ngs and just HAD to respond to this thread,
> because frankly Strike Rapier was the closest to getting what actually
> happened here correct. It was in fact the Tunnel bug in the world
> server that was used to take over Gala. Also, Sleepy E isn't the only
> one who knows how to do it, there are a few others :P.(anyone who
> really wanted to know how would find so in the differences in the world
> servers after the tunnel bug was fixed, 'nuff said) Anyways to give a
> basic overview basically what happened was the culprits used an
> application to connect to the ip/port hosting the world server, and it
> pretty much bumped the hoster out of control of it. From here you can
> do a variety of things since technically you are hosting the world ;-).
> One of these things is load a propdump, which happened in this case. To
> the world owner of Gala. Make sure you are using the latest build of
> the world server. The reason why this world was targeted is because
> whoever was hosting it, was running an older version of the world
> server where the tunnel bug still hasn't been fixed. There are quite a
> few people out there who still aren't upgrading the world server.
> Anyways. M A T T doesn't have the capability to do this, it wasn't him,
> trust me. Open your eyes people :) take a look at the obvious before
> assuming M A T T does everything, he is not capable of doing anything
> significant in AW. He just uses cheap tricks. Tunneling is way above
> his level. So to the world owner of Gala take a look at your world
> logs, you will be able to tell that control was taken over from the
> world in there :) Also take a look at the brief moment the world went
> WFS, that was when it happened. I just figured I would set you guys
> straight on what happened :)
>
> -Cheers
> Mod

Please read / AW HACKED

Jul 14, 2003, 8:04pm
If this can bring light in this dark situation, please do so

"zerge aka rexory" <erik.faes1 at pandora.be> wrote in
news:3f131222 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> alcior , simple as that , i think this asks for msn logs :)

AWLD independent director vote results?

Jul 13, 2002, 9:56am
As a remark to all posts above; I know that URL is *a lot* to read, but
reading it *all* before making comments might help. Read a page, go have a
coffee break, then read an other (that helped for me to at least understand
better)
I'm not a business-laywer where some were looking for, but to my
understanding yes, J.P. and Noll quit as of immediatly and sold their
shares back to the company for which they got paid.
With this money and probably some savings, they acuired to buy AW, on which
"the company" (now without J.P. and Noll) agreed.
After doing so, they've appointed two people to manage *their* new company,
two people who were already involved.
But, the most tricky part is in the "liability"; they've quit and bought AW
as two new, independent people, including all material, leases, loans, etc.
etc.
but *without* the old liability which could be held against any person
(since the J.P and Noll who left are *not* the same J.P. and Noll who
bought AW, or at least not their involvement)
This is all moving around on paper, appearantly the meaning of "they quit
the company" moreover means that they never even left the table they were
sitting at while negociating.
Or more clear, they didn't go anywhere at all, but *did* get rid of the two
directors they wanted to get rid of plus that they can not be hold
responsible for any misstakes or claims the "previous" J.P. and Noll
involved in the company made.
As little extra, they've bought themselves an other month of time for the
reasonable amount of $15.000

While everybody is talking about how the lead and management of AW is
failing, personally I think it's a little demonstration of tricky
businessmen which played out some cards they still had up their sleeves.

In my opinion, like Daphne said, for now nothing changes visibly to AW
users.
Just wait and see which cards they have left to play in one month from now,
hoping it's a full-house and things start moving forward and for the better
from here :)

Color chat ini

Aug 4, 2003, 4:11pm
Good evening,

The page is linked from the left menu (chat in colors with a preston) or
can be found here :
http://www.alterlinks.com/tutos/ActiveWorlds/bots/chatcolor/index.php

Bonsoir,

La page est linkée dans le menu à gauche (chat en couleurs avec le preston)
ou peut être trouvée ici :
http://www.alterlinks.fr/tutos/ActiveWorlds/bots/chatcolor/index.php

(section Aide & Didactiels Active Worlds)

(Désolé pour les fautes de frappes, je ne suis pas trop fort en français)
:)

Greetings, Salutations,

Drubi

"alcior" <alcior at virtuelfrance.com> wrote in
news:3f2d9585 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well, I in did not have any idea. It is where exactly? I seek and does
> not find anything!
> Bien, je n'en n'avais aucune idée. Il est où exactement? je cherche et
> ne trouve rien!
> alcior, france!

Color chat ini

Aug 5, 2003, 4:48pm
Good evening, Bonsoir,

"If <Permanent> is set to anything but "0" or "no", ...."
The letter o is different than "0" or "no", thus a valid character :)
But no worry, your 1 is also different than 0 or no, so it should work as
well as any other character.
I guess the letter o has been used as "oui". Maybe confusing, but certainly
not invalid.

"If <Permanent> is set to anything but "0" or no, ...."
La lettre o n'est pas égale à "0" ou no, donc ce caractère est valide :)

Greetings, Salutations,

Drubi

"alcior" <alcior at virtuelfrance.com> wrote in
news:3f2ef047 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> The only bug to meet is a display to differ in the window of dialogues.
> Personally I put rightly the announces misc/announce without
> disactivating the window of dialogue for public message.
> Permanent is "0" or "1" or nothing not "o"!
>
> Le seul bug rencontrer est un affichage différer dans la fenêtre de
> dialogues.
> Personellement je donne juste le misc/announce, pour que les gens
> envois des messages à l'autre bout du monde.
> Permanent et "0" ou "1" pas "o"!
> alcior, france!

Color chat ini

Aug 5, 2003, 5:50pm
And not even a smiley face :(
But, you're not obligated to read the french part, if it makes you feel
better, the english part reads the same. Don't be upset, you're not missing
out on anything :)
Or.. Maybe you do, in french worlds one can have fun too ! :)

But, now you mention it, indeed, AW visitors are not always capable of
speaking perfect english.
Which reminds me, the immigration officer messages, like the ones
containing important information regarding viruses aso.. Not everyone might
understand these messages (no, they're not translated in function of the
language where the browser is set to, eventhough it would be an
interresting concept...).

Alcior is neither english, but like the information he posted might be
useful to others, it would be my guess he would only get yelled at on top
of it if he would have posted only in french. Instead, or as how I see it,
he took the effort to (also) write it in english.

Btw, be happy it's not the eurovision's, I can't sing :|

Greetings,

Drubi

"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3f3001f3 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Ok... who the f*ck turned this newsgroup in to the damned eurovision's?
>
> - Mark

[View Quote]

Color chat ini

Aug 5, 2003, 6:52pm
Wow... That is quite a statement ...
No comment, I don't take it personal :)
(I'm not french, but you didn't know that. Eventhough I think you might
have a hard time proving your statement)

btw, I prefer not to be reminded of eurovisions neither, when of course
we're both talking about the song festivals. For visions, especially the
clear ones, I'm always open :)

"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3f3013c0 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Besides.. the French are evil... (except Miles and Ombre)
>
> - Mark

Color chat ini

Aug 5, 2003, 6:55pm
Whoops.. Sorry Loup, a little slip of the finger. It was supposed to be the
reply to strike rapier

"drubi" <nospam at alterlinks.fr> wrote in
news:Xns93CEE79D03D06Drubi at 64.94.241.201:

> Wow... That is quite a statement ...
> "strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
> news:3f3013c0 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

Xelagot 3.600 with SQL

Jun 20, 2004, 8:32am
Thanks Alex,

It seems to work great with MySQL 4.0.18 :)
As others have stated, I also think that this is a great leap forward to
interactivity and compatibility, as well within the environment of Active
Worlds as to other (web)applications.
Thank you once more for your devotion and work to enhance your already great
bots and dedication to the community.

Rob

"xelag" <xelag at digitalspace.com> a écrit
news:ihq8d01uaosnnkcl8fu9vt2c0bnu7tbjj3 at 4ax.com:

> Due to a delay in the availability of AW 3.6 SDK build 38, this
> version is compiled with AW 3.5 SDK build 37.
>
> It is interesting for scripters, as it includes connectivity to some
> SQL databases, especially to mySQL.
>
> Please read details at
> http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html
>
> Alex

Xelagot 3.600 with SQL

Jul 4, 2004, 12:52pm
"just in" <anon at no.spam.com> a écrit
news:40dad3ae at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I look forward to writing a script that uses the database via
> MySQL... if someone beats me to it could you perhaps share it wtih
> Alex to add to his example files on his web site?

I've modified an already existing script to use MySQL fuctionality from
which I can provide some examples.
If you're interrested, you can write to Xelag and ask him kindly for my e-
mail address.

Greetings,

Rob

> Regards Justin

[View Quote]

P3dO RWX viewer

Jun 26, 2006, 5:08pm
After their shared efforts, Senosoftware and Alterlinks are proud to
announce that P3dO Explorer Pro (Photo 3D Object) is now supporting the RWX
format.

P3dO has a complete RWX 3D viewer, with latest AW 4.1 features (GIF and PNG
textures with transparency).
P3dO is also able to load and view RWX files from within zipped files
(including password protected zip files) and reads of course zipped masks.

Besides the RWX part, P3dO is a great mutliformat 3D Explorer tool with lots
of options like mass renaming, plugins and frequent free updates.

The included Scene Manager tool will list all of the RWX file's contents
(RWX, textures, masks) making it possible to copy, move, rename, delete, zip
and send the entire file in a few clicks, without the need to manually
search for its textures.

Supports over 40 image formats.

P3dO, already the must-have tool for the Poser community, supports Poser
files (viewing and managing), Vue d'Esprit files (thumbnails) and some
additional support for Bryce (thumbnails).
Senosoft recently added support for the RWX format to this list.

The software is available in 8 languages, including english, dutch, italian,
spanish and german.

Last but not least, the price is fair and updates are free.

P3dO Explorer Pro is now available at http://www.alterlinks.com/p3do