Xelagot 3.600 with SQL // Bots

1  |

xelag

Jun 19, 2004, 2:44pm
Due to a delay in the availability of AW 3.6 SDK build 38, this
version is compiled with AW 3.5 SDK build 37.

It is interesting for scripters, as it includes connectivity to some
SQL databases, especially to mySQL.

Please read details at
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html

Alex

builderz

Jun 19, 2004, 5:19pm
MySQL support should make things interesting, XelaG. Thanks for adding
it! Now if the AW world server could do the same, I'd be really happy. ;)

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

ryan

Jun 19, 2004, 6:47pm
What types of things are now possible with the SQL support?

Ryan

[View Quote]

xelag

Jun 19, 2004, 7:36pm
SQL is a language supported by various database engines. I can not
give a course on SQL, there are many books about it, and I know too
little myself. An open source SQL database engine is MySQL. What
xelagot does is connect to this sort of database, retrieve or change
information.

Up to now, xelagots would have to load a full database file in xelagot
format. Using an external database means, for example, that xelagot
only needs to have one (or more) database record(s) in memory. The
database need not even be on the same machine as the bot (although in
that case a fast connection is required so as not to freeze the bot).

Xelagot still uses, internally, the xelagot database format, based on
name=value strings. That has not changed, so not all database tables
are suitable for it. But for people who know how to use SQL
databases, I think it is a great step forward.

Alex

[View Quote] >What types of things are now possible with the SQL support?

>Ryan

[View Quote]

xelag

Jun 19, 2004, 7:43pm
[View Quote] >MySQL support should make things interesting, XelaG. Thanks for adding
>it! Now if the AW world server could do the same, I'd be really happy. ;)

There is a chance your dream might come true :)

Alex

>Builderz
>http://www.3DHost.net

jerme

Jun 20, 2004, 1:41am
Alex,

While I can't claim to readily use your bots, or even know the first
thing about scripting for them... I have to agree that this is a huge
step forward. Having the power of MySQL (or any SQL database) as a
backend open myrid doors for new applications.

I almost want to congratulate you on your accomplishment, but I don't
think those are the words I'm looking for. I guess I just want to say
thanks for continuing to further the development of bots for AW. Your
work definitly sets the (high) standard for everyone else out there.
Your dedication and time spent working on the project, when AW seems to
be all but ready for the final nail in its coffin, also says a lot.

On the MySQL enabled server... I've heard stuff about this too from 999
(Will), however, I have no idea when (or even *if*) they'll release this
new feature. Personally, I think we need to fix the linux problems
before we go crazy with MySQL. Hopefully this total rewrite (if that's
what it is) will fix the problems.

Regards,
Jeremy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy Booker - Owner / Webmaster
JTech Web Systems
www.JTechWebSystems.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Mathew 5:34

[View Quote]

drubi

Jun 20, 2004, 8:32am
Thanks Alex,

It seems to work great with MySQL 4.0.18 :)
As others have stated, I also think that this is a great leap forward to
interactivity and compatibility, as well within the environment of Active
Worlds as to other (web)applications.
Thank you once more for your devotion and work to enhance your already great
bots and dedication to the community.

Rob

"xelag" <xelag at digitalspace.com> a écrit
news:ihq8d01uaosnnkcl8fu9vt2c0bnu7tbjj3 at 4ax.com:

> Due to a delay in the availability of AW 3.6 SDK build 38, this
> version is compiled with AW 3.5 SDK build 37.
>
> It is interesting for scripters, as it includes connectivity to some
> SQL databases, especially to mySQL.
>
> Please read details at
> http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html
>
> Alex

xelag

Jun 20, 2004, 9:51am
The Delphi source code to load xgDLLSQL.dll (the dll that does the SQL
connection for xelagot) is available at:

http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xgsqlloader.zip

The loader should work with Delphi 4 upwards, I tested it with Delphi
5. If someone is interested to port it to C/C++ or VB, please let me
know: xelag at 3dee.nl

Alex

[View Quote] >Due to a delay in the availability of AW 3.6 SDK build 38, this
>version is compiled with AW 3.5 SDK build 37.
>
>It is interesting for scripters, as it includes connectivity to some
>SQL databases, especially to mySQL.
>
>Please read details at
>http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html
>
>Alex

just in

Jun 24, 2004, 11:14am
I look forward to writing a script that uses the database via MySQL... if
someone beats me to it could you perhaps share it wtih Alex to add to his
example files on his web site?

Regards Justin

[View Quote]

drubi

Jul 4, 2004, 12:52pm
"just in" <anon at no.spam.com> a écrit
news:40dad3ae at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I look forward to writing a script that uses the database via
> MySQL... if someone beats me to it could you perhaps share it wtih
> Alex to add to his example files on his web site?

I've modified an already existing script to use MySQL fuctionality from
which I can provide some examples.
If you're interrested, you can write to Xelag and ask him kindly for my e-
mail address.

Greetings,

Rob