cubic // User Search

1  2  |

Worlds

Nov 29, 1998, 8:30pm
Although your reply is somewhat longer than mine ;-), i agree with you.
Even if COF wouldn't really really need the money, I'd hope they kee the
high setup fee.
The number of 'impulsed' worlds is too high already now...

[View Quote]

Worlds

Nov 30, 1998, 2:08pm
[View Quote] Nope. I know I don't have enough motivation to start a world and keep
running it. So I won't do it.

>but state in an abusive manner that
>many are around, who made you god?.

??? Did I say I was god? Sorry but then you have a big fantasy!

>I agree about the worthless worlds but most only visit them quickly , after
>saying that some that seem useless to you are just what others are looking
>for... horses for courses.

Yep. But you must agree that free worlds will result in more world; of which
a very high percentage won't really add something; they'll just polute the
worlds-list.

>Klassi
[View Quote]

Worlds

Nov 30, 1998, 2:13pm
[View Quote] ???
What's your point?

>Also
>answer why ALL the so called impulse buyers haven't sold their worlds at a
>reduced price.

Am I supposed to answer some sort of question now? Well, I'm affraid you
haven't really made yourself clear enough to even make me understand the
question...

>Klassi
[View Quote]

Worlds

Nov 30, 1998, 5:15pm
[View Quote] That's what I mean:
I didn't say I am god, and I don't why you think that I think so.
Well...??
I just said:
Only some of the worlds are worth visiting. If starting a world will be
cheaper; the number of worlds that ain't world visiting will rise faster
than the number of worlds that IS worth visiting...
And I don't like that.

>--
>
>[ Fluxen Dean-Christian Strik ]
>[ ICQ: 11760568 ISG RhinoSoft ]
>[ fluxen at bigfoot.com dean2 at bigfoot.com ]
>
>The nice thing of standards is that there are so many to choose from.
>-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum

[View Quote]

Worlds

Nov 30, 1998, 7:47pm
[View Quote] Gimme a break, man!
What the heck are you brabbling about? I said nothing abusive.
And if u do think so, you have, as I said, a BIG fantasy.
But don't get back on me for it..

>You said, " Sorry but I have a big fantasy".. If you believe what I said
was
>anything but symbolic you misunderstood.

I hope so... I don't believe in (a) god(s) so I hope I am not a god myself,
cause that would mean..... ;-)

>Obviously free worlds would result in more worlds, and more worlds would
mean
>more to sort through and many wouldn't be that good BUT lots would be. I
have
>always been against free worlds

I am too, so why are we flaming if we agree.

>but for a discount on a second and or third world.

I had already understood that that was your point.
And indeed it's not a bad idea.

Worlds

Nov 30, 1998, 7:56pm
As I now *do* understand what you want, here is a reply.

[View Quote] Of course I don't know any numbers. DUH!!
But neither do you.

>Also answer why ALL the so called impulse buyers haven't sold
>their worlds at a
>reduced price.

Because if you buy something and sell it for reduced price, you lose money.
DUHH!!
That's one of the first rules of logic I guess..

>Klassi
[View Quote]

Worlds

Dec 1, 1998, 1:14pm
[View Quote] Neither did I, smarty.

money.

>But buying something and then not using it is a bigger waste of money than
>buying something and recouping some of the outlay by reselling it..
Agreed?

Yep. But what the heck does that have to do with this issue?
Someone buys a world. Once a month he adds something. But generally he
doesn't have very much time. Why would he sell his world? *He* enjoys it..

Worlds

Dec 1, 1998, 1:21pm
[View Quote] Abuse to whom? :-)
I asked nobody to feel spoken to. I just claim there are fucking idiots out
there, which is very likely to be true. And some of these fucking idiots,
that are (as I said) very likely to exist, would buy a world if that was
cheaper.

myself,

>Sounds like a contradiction in terms to me.. In english just plain nuts.
>

>I don't recognize flaming, if I don't agree with some of what you say, I
simply
>reply saying so.. Nothing personal you could be anyone and I would answer
the
>same.I guess I just feel more strongly about something's, that is what
makes
>individuals interesting, our diversity.
>

>Add it to my wish list!
>
>Klassi

Worlds

Dec 2, 1998, 5:12am
[View Quote] Indeed. :-)

>Another thing: Yes, the owner would be losing money if he sold it for
less
>than he paid for it, but if he doesn't want it anymore and wants to sell
it, how
>many people would pay more for it than for a nice fresh clean world that
they
>won't have to pay an extra fee to change the name on? You can only sell
>product for as much as a person is willing to purchase it. You won't have
many
>takers if you try to sell a used car for more than you paid for it new
(unless
>it is a classic in good to mint condition, but that is the exception).

Indeed. :-)
But I still don't get *why* this aspect entered this thread.
What the heck does that have to do with it? :-)

[View Quote]

Worlds

Dec 2, 1998, 5:14am
[View Quote] Indeed.

>Want to meet in AW?.....
Ok.;-) But that's a bit hard now. Unless you mean Active Worlds.

>Klassi

Worlds

Dec 2, 1998, 8:45pm
I never said it was crap.
YOU read...
I only said I find some worlds not worth visiting.
Since when is it not allowed to think so???

[View Quote]

Worlds

Dec 3, 1998, 5:32am
Ok.
BTW:
1) Awprime is backonline and reachable for most of us I think.
2) Why not just go to AWgate?
That's a lot easier way to appoint, I think :-)
Are you in active worlds at regular times?
If so, i'll just check to be there the same time as you some time. :-)

[View Quote]

Worlds

Dec 4, 1998, 1:13pm
[View Quote] Yep.

>so you consider them crap.

Nope.
I just don't think I wanna go there...

Re: Custom avs are here! - yippee!

Nov 22, 1998, 9:59pm
I ain't pickin' on nobody. All I say is you shouldn't bring up silly
arguments like citizen numbers and how long you've been in AW.

You talk like the one who has most experience is always right.
Don't you think that's nonsense? If we go judging like that we'd better stop
all discussion and trade citizen numbers instead.

Klassi's argument sounded a lot better to me, which was that till now they
haven't done a thing of what they said they'd do. That's a better reason not
to believe that custom avatars will be possible.
You didn't bring any argument *why* you didn't believe it would happen. So
for me it was better to believe the programmer, than believe a citizen who
says he's right because his citz# is higher....

And like citz# don't matter, age doesn't matter at all to determine who's
right.
Just don't bring up silly arguments if you want people to believe you.
No argument is better than a silly argument, because a silly argument lowers
your reputation

Cubic || Kiss the
ICQ -- 18557607 || devil and
cubic at mediaport.org || piss off