DSL is great! Posters in AW suck! (Community)

DSL is great! Posters in AW suck! // Community

1  |

cyborjim

May 25, 2001, 3:37pm
I finaly get DSL, AW, and a very fast computer. It's great.

Except I go to explore Alpha World better then I have ever done before
to discover that somebody had placed unauthorized poster all over
AlphaWorld. This realy sucks and takes alot away from the AW
experience. Please have this person's posters removed.

andras

May 25, 2001, 4:48pm
[View Quote] There is no such thing that "unaothorized" posters. If it is violating the charter (what I doubt) - report it to the authorities otherwise just live with it. Everyone can build there wherever it is allowed.

Andras

If it's put on open land, it's authorized by the fact that the person
who's land it's next to didn't cover it properly. If you're referring to
the pict.rwx, sign1.rwx and news1.rwx that are scattered all around AW
GZ, those have been there for *years*. Heck, most of that property's
most likely protected by AWHS.

Oh well, if you see something you don't like, talk to GET and see if
they'll remove it. These newsgroups really aren't the place for
vandalism requests.

[View Quote] --
Goober King
As if anyone important pays attention to us anyway :P
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

jfk2

May 25, 2001, 11:12pm
Geeeshhh......
Maybe they ought to explore the Ground Zero of Beta World instead....
I'm sure that they or anyone else that explores that ground zero area will
find it a most lovely experiance indeed... I know i have found it very
rewarding to explore Beta World's Ground Zero area...

at at at at at
If anyone decides to explore Ground Zero of Beta World...
You might want to check out Beta World's ONLY Object Yard before
you decide to build there as not all the objects you can use in
Alpha World are available in Beta World.
JUST Look For ANY / ALL White And Black Signs That Point To Beta World's
Object Area From The Ground Zero Area.
at at at at at

andras <andras at andras.net> wrote in <3B0EA8DB.A04D9941 at andras.net>:

[View Quote]

faber

May 26, 2001, 9:37am
"goober king" <rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3B0EC906.C29590E8 at acsu.buffalo.edu...
> If it's put on open land, it's authorized by the fact that the person
> who's land it's next to didn't cover it properly. If you're referring to
> the pict.rwx, sign1.rwx and news1.rwx that are scattered all around AW
> GZ, those have been there for *years*. Heck, most of that property's
> most likely protected by AWHS.
>
> Oh well, if you see something you don't like, talk to GET and see if
> they'll remove it. These newsgroups really aren't the place for
> vandalism requests.

[View Quote] Someone found out that many people left a very small gap between their
property and the accompanying street, about 200 coords away from
alphaworld GZ.

That someone now used that gap to place very thin advertising signs there,
thereby "hiding" the building thats behind it. Those signs are now everywhere,
sometimes at both sides of the streets, as if the streets had walls on both sides.

Technically thats not an issue, because the land was not covered correctly.

But i am sure that everyone seeing this would consider this as inappropiate, and those
signs should be removed.

Faber

jfk2

May 26, 2001, 10:11am
Hmmmmm..... I guess no one has ever visited Beta World Ground Zero yet...
Maybe all of you will get a slightly difference of opinion about VANDALIZED
property...
But it would be nice to see what all of you think about that area...
JUST DO NOT DISTURB MY LITTLE WHITE & BLACK SIGNS POINTING THE WAY TO
BETA WORLD's ONLY OBJECT YARD... Those are the really pretty ones there.

faber <Walter at Knupe.de> wrote in <3b0f9568 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>"goober king" <rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>news:3B0EC906.C29590E8 at acsu.buffalo.edu...
>
>Someone found out that many people left a very small gap between their
>property and the accompanying street, about 200 coords away from
>alphaworld GZ.

in AW2.2 this wasn't possible because the bounding box was very large (guess
that it was just to prevent this from happening too), but since that has
changed in AW3 it's now possible... but ok, the old objetcs where a bit
weird, cuzz you couldn't build them right next to a street for example even
if the sign itself was on your property...

wing