faber // User Search

1  2  3  4  |

test

Nov 12, 1999, 11:03am
Sorry for testing here, but test3 is out of reach as it seems...

Newbie Question

Dec 26, 1999, 12:14pm
Moonstonewolf,

preston can not be made walking around like hambot. It walks towards a
person on request or goes to a specificl location, but random walking is not
possible.

40N 50E 0.5A 180 is 400 m north, 500m east from GZ. its half a meter up
and faces south.

0 is north, 90 is east, 180 south and 270 is west.

In order to turn around from a specific degree, just add 180 to it, and then
substract 360 if your number is >360 :)

Walter aka Faber (author of Preston)

"moonstonewolf" <lakota12 at postoffice.swbell.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3864CF8C.BFAD5C44 at postoffice.swbell.net...
> Hi. I have a world and am trying to program 2 bots, one to greet (The
> Preston Bot) and the other is Hambot to just walk around. First, is
> there a way I can get the hambot to quit saying every few minutes "Type
> my name......to own me" ? and is there a way I can program the Preston
> bot to walk around a bit as well, but not too far from the entrance.
>
> Second is how do I configure coordinates, say 40N 50E 0.5A 180 to aw
> terms? Is 180 the degrees turned? I know whether you are facing N, S, E
> or W or any other direction but how do I get the bot to be turned around
> in the last number. I'm not sure if I'm actually saying this correctly.
> I have noticed that the bot is right on top of anyone who comes in the
> world.
>
> I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.
>
> MoonstoneWolf

Newbie Question

Dec 27, 1999, 3:24pm
Regarding the altitude, you are of course correct.. as some may have noticed
in earlier preston builds i messed that up there as well. :)

regarding the west/east, now that you say that i am wrong there, i am not
certain anymore :)

usually degrees only turn up in relative form and in some c functions, and
the actual name of the direction
is not that important in that case :)

Walter aka Faber

"serac" <serac at lightmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:38672245 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
up

> You must not be talking about the Active Worlds browser. Because in the
> browser, 1A is 10 meters. 0.5A is 5 meters in altitude; not a half of a
> meter. And 90 is west in the browser; 270 is east.

Could "bots" be used say as engines for trains whaich avatars get on then "Ride the Train?"

Jan 7, 2000, 4:12pm
For that to work the bots would need a way to remotely control avatars. The
current SDK/AW-Browser/World Server do not allow such control.

However, that feature might be added to the AW3.0 release.

Walter aka Faber

"cmdrlessvoyaire" <broachenheart at mindspring.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:38760b96 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I'm in the process of building a monorail. The file attached is of the
> monorails engine. It is "Unfinished". I'll probably make Numerous Changes
> its' Shape.
> The question I posted refers to a train such as this. I would Love it If
> Someone knows of, or has the knowledge to create a bot that would make it
> possible for numerous avatars to "Board" such a train, then (at an
appointed
> Time) Start the Train down the Tracks, To Its' Destination Points.

Re: Re.MY NEW COOL WEB SITE ((((((((READ ME )))))))))) NEW UPDATE

Jan 20, 2000, 3:53pm
I think his page would much more nice if he provided

a) contact information .. how to reach the person responsible for the
page/site
b) source information .. where the bots came from and how to obtain more
information and help

and it would as well be nice if he'd ask the respective bot creators for
permission before redistributing files from his server.. i am just waiting
for questions because scatman accidently distributed an old, buggy or
virusinfected version...

So, unless he does this "servise" in a serious manner, i would rather
welcome it to see it being removed...

Walter aka Faber

"mauz" <mauz at tnlc.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:38873d5e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

Re: Re.MY NEW COOL WEB SITE ((((((((READ ME )))))))))) NEW UPDATE

Jan 24, 2000, 6:28pm
The proper way to handle it would be:

1. put it down
2. get a chance
3. update the page and turn local downloads into web links
3. put it back up.

Faber

"scatman" <burrer at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:388ba731$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> ok I have had a ton of e-mails on this telling me to keep my web page up and
> that the ppl really do enjoy what im doing I don't know why all the bot
> makers are getting so mad when I have been repedily saying I WILL UPDATE IT
> TO SPECIAL STUFF LIKE THE LINKS AND OTHER STUFF WHEN I GET A CHANCE...IM
> CURRENTLY TRYING OUT FOR THE TRACK TEAM AT MY SCHOOL AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ON
> MY COMPUTER IN DAYS I WILL UPDATE IT WHEN I GET A CHANCE.

what do you want in a bot?

Feb 5, 2000, 8:38am
I think more people would download it if your web page for it would say more than "download".

Like a feature description or maybe a screenshot...

just my 2 cents...

Faber

"magine" <magine at pipeline.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:389B8385.2AA03B76 at pipeline.com...
> You're right, using the program to its full capabilities does require a bit of
> programming.
>
> However, you can still do many things with MB without any real programming
> required, and to make these more understandable I've just added a "Quick and
> Easy Instructions" file that explains how to use the basic "programmability"
> features such as response to chat, recording and playing back avatar movements,
> surveying and building, etc. without having to understand the whole thing.
>
> I'll be finishing the built-in help and adding it to the program soon also.
>
> -Magine

[View Quote]

Bot Progress

Feb 8, 2000, 5:02pm
I agree that bounding box information would be useful. I think it would enable a number of useful
stuff since right now all we have is a single spot for each object, no hint on size, real
orientation, height.. stuff like that.

However, say we had the bounding box information starting tomorrow, bots that successfully
circumvent obstacles on their way through the world would still be very hard to make. I would not
expect them very soon :)

Faber

bandwidth

Feb 28, 2000, 4:14pm
No, the bot keeps a tcp connection to the universe server and to the world server.

Once the universe connection is up, there won't be much traffic besided heartbeats unless your bot
resolves citizen names/numberss or teleports to different worlds.

Faber

"brez" <jbresnik at home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:38bab883$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> hello.
>
> I got a question concerning bandwidth and bots. I have
> a bot that's running on the same machine as my world ... since the
> bot is logging into the local host, is there any internet
> activity (outside of the inital authentication through aw)?
>
> Thanks y'all
>
> brez.

Preston 28 is out

Feb 28, 2000, 8:03pm
Hi :)

Please download the new Preston 28.

The preston beta phase has ended. As from now, Preston 27 is disabled.

The bugfixes are :

- The sorting on the dictionary page did not display sequences in order sometimes. This has been
fixed.
- The dictionary edit dialog cleared out the phrase dialog when you changed the action. This has
been fixed. This bugfix also applies to the preset button not filling in the phrase.
- Preston had a problem when trying to delete more than one dictionary entry, especially if main
entries and their sequences were selected and deleted at once. This has been fixed.
- A bug in the midi list handling caused a midi entry to disappear when the user hit the "move up"
button. This has been fixed.

the URL is, as usual:

http://www.imabot.com/preston.htm

Faber

Action password?!

Feb 29, 2000, 3:53pm
Its "acting password", and thats part of an error message of some bots as the sdk defines the error
code for "bad privilige password" as "bad acting password".

i.e. the acting password of a bot is the privlige password for the citizen whose ID is used by the
bot.

Faber

"serac" <serac at lightmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:38bb2677$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I just had a student in AWSchool ask about "action passwords". He said it
> was a bot thing, however I cannot find any reference to it in the SDK. Is
> this a special feature specific to a bot?
>
> Thanks for your help,

bug in new preston? build 28?

Mar 12, 2000, 7:43pm
Yaohushua,

i just tried to reproduce the problem you just described, but the bot works as expected. it starts
to follow as commanded, and stop_follow makes the bot stop following too, without talking about
anything else :)

So, make sure that you chose the right action for your stop_follow action.

Faber

"yaohushua" <Ulyao at YAUHUSHUA.ORG> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:38c8f113 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I think there's a bug in the new preston either its just my settings or a
> bug, I added the follow action, but when i added the new stop follow action
> it thinks were talking about citnumbers
>
> thanx

Cloner 1.0 First Public Realease

Mar 16, 2000, 3:58pm
I find it interesting that 4 of your 5 possible uses are of hostile nature.

I think having more than one chat channel this way is not a bad accomplishment, but IMHO your
advertising could need some "polishing" :)

Faber

"concept" <vconceptv at aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:38D05282.551D9A66 at aol.com...
> It's basically running 6 AW's at the same time. These
> "clones" are controlled by a GUI.
>
> Here's some things you can do:
>
> 1. Make your unpopular world look much more popular by adding 5 more
> users.
> 2. Be in multiple worlds and not look like a bot.
> 3. Fill up a world so others cant join
> 4. Make them all talk at the same time
> 5. Have a little "gang" of tourists to "back you up"

I need a bot

Mar 23, 2000, 5:58pm
I fail to see why you want a bot to chat which must not be a chatbot... why not ?

Faber

"vicious circle" <Vicious_circle at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:38d9515a.1117477 at news.activeworlds.com...
> Hi,....um this is my first time posting to the bot group, but any ways
> .my dad just got this, umm cant remember how crappy it is but lets
> just call it a really crappy computer, on the net and it only has 12
> mb of ram and 100 meg hard drive space, so aw's cashe is too much for
> it . so does any one have a bot that i can cht in aw with
>
> (Please not a chat bot!!!, Xelagots good)
> (oh also if any1 knows of a bot that has a contact list that would be
> great!!!! =O)
>

> Vicious Circle
> PokeJJ

YOU MUST READ THIS!! LOL

Mar 23, 2000, 5:55pm
Thank you for some nice entertainment :)

Faber

"concept" <VConceptV at aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:38D958D8.DFFFFE10 at aol.com...
> This was a converstion recorded in AWBotLab... Agent EB is trying to
> provae that he was "hacked" by a bot :)) Also the ????? person was
> screened cause he didn't want his name posted. Read this , but dont be
> drinking milk while you are!

Preston 29 (beta) available

Apr 9, 2000, 6:22pm
Hi there,

Prestion Build 29 is out. It is considered beta since the underlying sdk is beta as well (as for
everything with aw3.0).

Details on Build 29:

Preston Version History
Build 29 (BETA)

- Preston is now compiled with aw.dll build 16 to support the new AW3.0 features. Make sure to use
the supplied aw.dll when you install Preston, and do not share this aw.dll with any of your previous
or other bots. You can do this by placing Preston in a separate folder.
- As with any initial beta, the AW3.0 beta at the time of this release does still have some bugs. It
was observed that avatar positioning is not accurate.
- A new action, <move avatar>, enables Preston to remotely move an avatar around. The avatar can be
moved to other known locations such as other avatars or objects, or to an absolute AW location which
includes different worlds. Note that this requires eject rights, world server build 23, and the
person being moved to have AW client build 336 or later.
- change_object and add_object now accept other object names as position using the at notation too.
at faber could now refer to Faber being near or to an object having "create name faber" on it. If both
apply, the avatar position takes precedence.
- The read-only entries for owner and version can no longer be overridden.
- The world schedule now can change the new world parameters as well, which includes fog, ambient
light color, directional light color, and light direction.

Enjoy :)

Faber

New ShowBot & AWPhone

May 4, 2000, 2:18pm
On the description page for awphone, http://www.canopus.org/construction/bots/phoning.html,
I would replace "temporary calling number" and "internet number" with "I.P. number" as this is the
only valid term for it. Anything else leads to confusion at the reader or at his friends when spread
around :)

Faber

[View Quote]

New ShowBot & AWPhone

May 6, 2000, 8:18am
BTW, you application fails to retrieve the correct i.p. number on multihomed systems.

Contact me for details or resolving help :)

FAber

[View Quote]

New ShowBot & AWPhone

May 24, 2000, 2:24pm
You forgot to use the term "i.p. address" instead of "temporary calling number" on your web page.

Faber :)

[View Quote]

New ShowBot & AWPhone

May 24, 2000, 2:29pm
Canopus,

I tried both of them and they still refuse to see my 3 i.p.s on this machine.
2 ethernetcard assigned and one PPP endpoint.

The one displayed is the wrong one (you don't reach the internet through it).

Faber

[View Quote]

New ShowBot & AWPhone

May 25, 2000, 3:49pm
Yay, Canopus, now you did it :)

Your program is now properly retrieving I.P.s on a multihomed system :)

Faber

[View Quote]

Re: AW improvements list @ http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/improve.html for those who may not know

May 4, 2000, 2:16pm
Well, a bot cannot pick up the current object selection of the browser. Therefore you would have to
communicate in a differentway to the bot which object to manipulate.

This would either require pretty bad interface ("Enter exact position and model") or a good
interface providing some graphical choosing method, say, a 2d blueprint of the world or so.

But i have the feeling both is not what you intendet :)

Faber

[View Quote]

Xelagot script/variable help

May 13, 2000, 3:17pm
I don't know Xelagot, but in general bots do only have a unique object identification (object number
and position) in click events. Click events do not carry anything else about the object.

To retrieve the object details, the bot would have to query the world server for all objects in the
current zone, remember those,
and then match the identification against that object list, find the clicked-on object, and use the
object details.

This is what Preston (my publically available bot) does in this context. A bot that does not have a
current object query data set cannot record the object details of the object directly, and a bot
that does not have query support at all will never be able to tell those details.

So I assume you either have to "enable" some Xelagot support for that or you would have to manually
script Xelagot to query the world database, remember result and match the click details against it.

More info is available from XelaG himself, i am sure, e.g. in AW :)

Faber

[View Quote]

Linux bots?

May 20, 2000, 6:26pm
That would only be possible if an linux AW SDK would be released.

This is not the case, and therefore no bot programmer can provide a linux bot.

Faber

[View Quote]

Re: CFile oddities . . . I need some help with this if I'm to finish my DJ BOT . . .

------=_NextPart_000_0173_01BF2D40.2A8B6AC0

Did you check the return code of Parse->Open() ? if it cannot open, it =
cannot read, and if it cannot read, it does not change the contents of =
your 1MB file buffer (!)

Walter aka Faber

Andon M. Coleman <gizmo98 at earthlink.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: =
37f62b03.0 at homer...
Anyway . . . My problem is stated in the following lines of code . . .
=20
CString PathName =3D dlgFile.GetPathName();

char pbuf[999999];
int i =3D 0;

while (i < 2)
{
CFile *Parse =3D new CFile;
=20
Parse->Open( PathName, CFile::modeRead );
Parse->Read((char*)pbuf, Parse->GetLength());
Parse->Close();

delete Parse;
=20
i+=3D1;
}

MessageBox((char*)pbuf,"Why did this append???",MB_OK);

Why does this append? Even when I make pbuf local to the While =
Block, it still appends . . .
This is not my actual problem, however, this replicates the problem =
I'm having . . .=20
I cannot perform an OPEN action and SAVE / IMPORT / EXPORT action in =
the same session of=20
DJ BOT, because even though I'm creating new CFile objects I still end =
up with data from the last Read();
in my buffer . . .

This is also the problem which is keeping me from finishing my =
Install from the WEB Package, and my
Auto-Update project.

Thanks for the help,
Andon M. Coleman

Senior Programmer
R&D

Nothing, Inc.

------=_NextPart_000_0173_01BF2D40.2A8B6AC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Did you check the return code of Parse-&gt;Open()&nbsp; ? if it =
cannot=20
open, it cannot read, and if it cannot read, it does not change the =
contents of=20
your 1MB file buffer (!)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Walter aka Faber</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>Andon M. Coleman &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:gizmo98 at earthlink.net">gizmo98 at earthlink.net</A>&gt; =
schrieb in=20
im Newsbeitrag: 37f62b03.0 at homer...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Anyway . . . My problem is stated in the =
following lines=20
of code . . .</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>CString PathName =3D =
dlgFile.GetPathName();</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>char pbuf[999999];<BR>int&nbsp;i =3D =
0;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>while (i &lt; 2)<BR>{</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; CFile *Parse =3D new =
CFile;</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;Parse-&gt;Open( =
PathName,=20
CFile::modeRead );<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;Parse-&gt;Read((char*)pbuf,=20
Parse-&gt;GetLength());<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;Parse-&gt;Close();</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;delete=20
Parse;<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;i+=3D1;<BR>}</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>MessageBox((char*)pbuf,"Why did this=20
append???",MB_OK);</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Why does this append? Even =
when I=20
make pbuf local to the While Block, it still appends . . =
..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>This is not my actual problem, however, this =
replicates=20
the problem I'm having . . . </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I cannot perform an OPEN action and SAVE / =
IMPORT&nbsp;/=20
EXPORT action in the same session of </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>DJ BOT, because even though I'm creating new =
CFile=20
objects I still end up with data from the last Read();</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>in my buffer . . .</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This is also the problem =
which is=20
keeping me from finishing my Install from the WEB Package, and =
my</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Auto-Update project.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks for the help,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Andon M. Coleman</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Senior Programmer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>R&amp;D</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Nothing, =
Inc.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0173_01BF2D40.2A8B6AC0--

"Bot Limit Exceeded" revisted

Dec 21, 1999, 2:53pm
I never saw an error situation like you describe.

May I ask what language you use ? is AWTerm supposed to be aw_term(); or is
it not c ?

If not, you might want to ask the supplier of the SDK for your language...

Walter aka Faber

"sagaman" <sagaman at sagatech.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:385ef167$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Below is an excerpt from an email exchange with AW tech support. Here's
> what I think happens. I'm calling AwTerm and AwDestroy. At one point I
got
> an error msg that the engine couldn't terminate the bot. I think that not
> successfully terminating leaves some data structure on the AW side dirty.
> This is a serious bug on their part since a connection could be lost at
any
> time.
>
> I would recommend that everyone doing low level bot programming put in
some
> serious re-try logic for AwTerm. It may not be enough to completely fix
the
> problem but should help. If my theory is correct that is. It could be a
> very different problem but I've satisfied myself that it's on the AW side.
>
> Norm
>
> ______________
>
> Well, they haven't been running. In fact I've booted my machine several
> times since then. Larry is the first one that logs in so it's probably
> killing the rest. Anyhow that loop only exists on your side. I just
> re-booted again to make sure and got the same error.
>
> Norm
>
> For the account sagaman I do not see any "bot limit exceeded" errors in
the
> past 24 hours but it looks like the bots Larry and Moe are caught in a
login
> loop since 11pm PST on account i12. For some reason the bots are all
trying
> to login on the same socket. I suggest killing the bot program for a few
> minutes and then restart them one at a time.
> Please include previous dialog in all replies..
> Thanks
> AW Tech Support

http://www.alicebot.org/ Alice java open source ChatterBot technology.

Feb 10, 2000, 3:52pm
Please do :)

"tsylos" <Tsylos at Canada.Com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:38A1A410.4A84B2E0 at Canada.Com...
> I've just finished a C implementation of Alice in AW. I'll post it in a
> few more
> days if anyone is interested.

[View Quote]

Prestons aren't computer friendly

Jul 14, 2000, 9:22pm
Agent is right, Preston keeps the dictionary in memory at all times. And
preston keeps a lot of other stuff there too, such as the current property
cache, the list of present (and if activated also the recent) users.

And all the settings you see on the dialogs, including the lists are
actually kept twice.. one is the current working set for the bot, and the
other is the working set for the user. the latter is copied over to the
current whenever "apply" is clicked.

As the current preston has some ini file limits i am replacing the ini
loader code as we speak, which, as the current plan goes, carries the whole
ini file in memory too, at least while loading and saving.

I agree, that is alot of memory, but i cannot see a way to reduce it right
now.

The current preston plans also include a remote admin mode, and that will
allow preston to run without offering a local admin gui, which will cut down
its memory use alot. One preston will run in "server, no gui" mode, and the
other one, on the admin end, will run in "admin mode, full GUI, no bot"...
and both use a bone connection to syncronize.

Anyway..

Faber

"agent1" <Agent1 at my.activeworlds.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:396e8ebb$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Since I don't know exactly how Preston works, I'll only be able to give a
general answer.

> I'm assuming that Preston has to load all of your commands into memory so
that it can check them against the events it is recieving
> from the world server as quickly as possible. I may be wrong, because the
entries can still be read from the file every time, but
> that would take a considerably longer amount of time (I think :D).
>
> Anyway, I hope Faber reads this soon and can give a better explanation
than I did :)

> -Agent1

[View Quote]

object manipulation with sdk?

Jan 14, 2000, 3:11pm
"the 13th floor" uses avatars for the moving "objects".

And I am pretty sure anything else can be easily detected, as only avatars
have a smooth movement generated by the aw browser.

Walter aka Faber

"serac" <serac at lightmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:387eaa13 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

> Names do not appear over avatars if they never speak to you. As long
> as the bot never talks, you'll never see its name. So they may be
> avatars. Or they can be objects being controlled by a bot.
>
> As for moving objects, you should be able to do just that. Modify
> the X,Y,Z,YAW parameters for the object. Unless you needed to change
> the shape of the object, you can just mess with the one object and
> move it. The advantage with using a bot is accuracy. If any of you
> have tried to rotate a bunch of objects at once, you'll notice that
> they "walk". The bot can have better control as they are changing
> the actual coordinates of the objects and not using the browser's
> interface.

Prestons aren't computer friendly

Jul 15, 2000, 5:58pm
The limit of 32kb should no longer be there in the next preston release. The
cost is more memory consumption, as explained :)

Faber

"sw comit" <sam64 at jps.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3970a600 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Thanks for your insight. My bot's ini is 32kb. I can't add 1 more
> dictionary command or I get an illegal operation and the bot deletes it's
> program. But I have backups. It's really hard on my computer when I have
> the city bot and the paintball bot on at the same time, plus all my
> background programs, AW 3.0, and ICQ2000b. Got about 30% ram left.

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  |