Final solution to everything. (Community)

Final solution to everything. // Community

1  |

moff piett

May 11, 2001, 9:35pm
I've got an idea that's so crazy it just might work. Kids like Chuck and
Jfk2 just use this ng for attention, they don't actualy care what people
reply back to them wtih. So, if all you people who keep going out of your
way telling them to shut up and go away just ignored them, they would
leave. If everyone here just shut them out, didn't read their posts, and
certainly didn't reply to them, they would get bored in a few weeks.
Spending the time to reply and get mad at these types of people just
perpetuates the problem. So all those who complain about the NG getting off
topic and down right stupid, set an example and don't participate in what
you complain about. Let's just take a deap breath and ignore them. Ok
everyone? Can we try a week or so of totaly and compleatly ignoring these
people?

brandon

May 11, 2001, 9:39pm
yup...great idea
*takes a deap breath and ignores them* :)
[View Quote]

myrth

May 11, 2001, 9:49pm
I told one to shut up, saw how he replied, and blocked both. So it should be
hard to notice someone if all their posts are automatically blocked.

-Myrth

[View Quote]

moff piett

May 11, 2001, 9:51pm
Good on ya myrth :)

jfk2

May 11, 2001, 9:52pm
Well.... I'm ready... That also applies to that CRAZY IDIOT Just In as
well... he gets in here & you are to ignore everything that nut case has
to say as he can't tell the truth. Heck... On that TV show...
To Tell The Truth...
he would fail at that so much.... It ain't funny.

moff piett <piett at home.com> wrote in <3afc7733 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>I've got an idea that's so crazy it just might work. Kids like Chuck
>and Jfk2 just use this ng for attention, they don't actualy care what
>people reply back to them wtih. So, if all you people who keep going
>out of your way telling them to shut up and go away just ignored them,
>they would leave. If everyone here just shut them out, didn't read
>their posts, and certainly didn't reply to them, they would get bored
>in a few weeks. Spending the time to reply and get mad at these types of
>people just perpetuates the problem. So all those who complain about
>the NG getting off topic and down right stupid, set an example and don't
>participate in what you complain about. Let's just take a deap breath
>and ignore them. Ok everyone? Can we try a week or so of totaly and
>compleatly ignoring these people?

wing

May 11, 2001, 10:20pm
Does anyone know of a newsreader that ignores posts in reply to filtered posters as well? It's to inefficient with Outlook.
[View Quote]

jfk2

May 11, 2001, 10:42pm
i know Outlook stinks like that. And yes i know of a
newsgroups reader that KILLS a poster with a filter....
I'm smart enough to be using it right now...
But this time i''ll make you SUFFER a little and NOT tell you my
newsgroup reader software because it is that excellent at doing what
it needs to do... lololololl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And NO.... I have NOT used it to filter anyone out in this newsgroup
as yet... I'm the very polite person who wants to hear from everyone
no matter how gross the thing is. They have that right to post it and I
should at least give thenm the respect they deserve to read it.
Replying might be a different thing though... As I don't allways reply...
But that is my in preferences... lolololol!!!!!!!!

wing <bathgate at prodigy.net> wrote in <3afc81b3 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Does anyone know of a newsreader that ignores posts in reply to filtered
>posters as well? It's to inefficient with Outlook. "moff piett"
[View Quote]

john viper

May 12, 2001, 2:06am

I love headers :-) jfk, you are 2 newsreaders behind. Ya know, 4.05.11 is
out...

Wow, this looks like a useful newsreader! Maybe I won't have to write my
own anyhow? To check it out, go to http://xnews.3dnews.net/.

If it has that good of a filter, perhaps I need to make a new taunt for
Unreal Tournament. "Suck filter, twit!" hehe ;-)

Have a nice day :-)

-John Viper

[View Quote]

john viper

May 12, 2001, 2:08am
....and just when I thought it couldn't be better, it turns out to be written
in Delphi. YIPPEE! Bout time I replaced this POS...

-John.

[View Quote]

jfk2

May 12, 2001, 3:18am
I know i might be 2 news readers behind... I hate to give up my old
trusty friend... It''s like a friend.. I trust the old and sometimes
better software before moving on to a new one and sometimes poorer
quality. that is the case with a few of my most trusted programs. One of
them is the earlier WEB Ferret before they started the ads campaign to
use it... My old version has no ads of any kind YET still delivers
extreme high quality web searches....
Andother one is my favorite alternate computer platform...
ATARI-ST... The older sofware works super but the newer one has a little
PLEASE DONATE before you load it & after you quit it and the importance
of DONATING to the author... The version [1 back] works super without
the ads. so I ask Why bother to upgrade to the ads version when i only
have to hunt down some crack to kill off the ads & yet the older one
works excellent. Nuts. I stay with the older one until such time comes
that a newer one is far superior to the older one.

john viper <jviper at jtsoft.net> wrote in
<3afcb6cf$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>I love headers :-) jfk, you are 2 newsreaders behind. Ya know, 4.05.11
>is out...
>
>Wow, this looks like a useful newsreader! Maybe I won't have to write
>my own anyhow? To check it out, go to http://xnews.3dnews.net/.
>
>If it has that good of a filter, perhaps I need to make a new taunt for
>Unreal Tournament. "Suck filter, twit!" hehe ;-)
>
>Have a nice day :-)
>
>-John Viper

[View Quote]

jfk2

May 12, 2001, 3:26am
I like decent stuff... Newsreaders is one of them. Excellent with
binaries and that is why i have it. This follows the tradition of the
older newsgroup reader NEXPRESS with the binaries help with rubics
cubes... Makes downloading MP3's a breeze though. Try it sometime...

<3afcb734 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>...and just when I thought it couldn't be better, it turns out to be
>written in Delphi. YIPPEE! Bout time I replaced this POS...
>
>-John.

[View Quote]

moria

May 12, 2001, 4:54am