ARRGHH!!!!!! AW down again! (Community)

ARRGHH!!!!!! AW down again! // Community

What's this supposed to be???? AW is closed all the time! I've got enough of
it! Today at 17:00 VRT AW better be up again, because then I'm having an
arangement in my town! And I'm also in a party comitee in world pata and
soon we are going to have a big Christmas party, so we can't have AW go down
all the time! Friday you sayd it was System tests today you don't say why.
bet those system tests made the whole thing crash! If you want to run tests,
why don't you get yourself a test universe? YOU don't have to pay touhsands
of Dollars for it, YOU own the whole thing!!!!!! The autumn AW has had SOOOO
many downtimes that I think you should buy new servers or something like
that!

KAH
PS. You gotta change the system requirements for AW 3.0:
I tryed it and I have a 4mb Direct 3D card but It wouldn't load textures.
the system requirements arn't just what you need tomake it function, you
know! it's also what you need tomake it function CORRECTLY!

fatts

Dec 3, 2000, 1:17pm
Yesterday I kept getting knocked off so today is not a surprise!!! it is
still down.

Fatts

[View Quote]

wing

Dec 3, 2000, 1:38pm
There had better be some significant reasons for this. Maybe updating the
universe server every few hours with a new build of 3.1 to allow Roland to test
some new features. But you'd think that he'd be testing it on a specialized
galaxy out of the way, but knowing AWCI, I doubt they'd do that.Anyway, don't
get in a huff over it, just let the 486 "server" with 16megs of RAM get over
it's growing pains or whatever.

[View Quote] > What's this supposed to be???? AW is closed all the time! I've got enough of
> it! Today at 17:00 VRT AW better be up again, because then I'm having an
> arangement in my town! And I'm also in a party comitee in world pata and
> soon we are going to have a big Christmas party, so we can't have AW go down
> all the time! Friday you sayd it was System tests today you don't say why.
> bet those system tests made the whole thing crash! If you want to run tests,
> why don't you get yourself a test universe? YOU don't have to pay touhsands
> of Dollars for it, YOU own the whole thing!!!!!! The autumn AW has had SOOOO
> many downtimes that I think you should buy new servers or something like
> that!
>
> KAH
> PS. You gotta change the system requirements for AW 3.0:
> I tryed it and I have a 4mb Direct 3D card but It wouldn't load textures.
> the system requirements arn't just what you need tomake it function, you
> know! it's also what you need tomake it function CORRECTLY!

nornny

Dec 3, 2000, 2:32pm
"Sunday, December 03, 2000

The Active Worlds Universe may experience intermittent disruptions in
service this evening. Our Technical Support Team is working diligently to
resolve the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Activeworlds.com, Inc. "

What THAT is supposed to mean, it's for you to decide. :) Not to sound petty
or anything, but AWTeen experienced an registry deletion on Friday or
Saturday, and on the gz, was a sign advertising some town by a cit named
Criminal...since AWTeen is hosted by AWCOM, could it be we have a hacker
break-in? I dunno, it just struck me weird, and I really don't know the
reason why or how the registry got deleted either.

Nornny

[View Quote]

wing

Dec 3, 2000, 3:00pm
This is posted over in AWgate...
(paraphrased of course)
AW is offline because we're idiots and messed up somthing and need to go back to
a backup. We apoligize for any inconvienience this may cause.

Essentially, this means they fucked over the world server during an upgrade or
somthing and need to go back to a backup, which is hopefully more recent than
the one that we went back to a couple years ago and lost all our buildings (when
was that? 1997?)

[View Quote] > What's this supposed to be???? AW is closed all the time! I've got enough of
> it! Today at 17:00 VRT AW better be up again, because then I'm having an
> arangement in my town! And I'm also in a party comitee in world pata and
> soon we are going to have a big Christmas party, so we can't have AW go down
> all the time! Friday you sayd it was System tests today you don't say why.
> bet those system tests made the whole thing crash! If you want to run tests,
> why don't you get yourself a test universe? YOU don't have to pay touhsands
> of Dollars for it, YOU own the whole thing!!!!!! The autumn AW has had SOOOO
> many downtimes that I think you should buy new servers or something like
> that!
>
> KAH
> PS. You gotta change the system requirements for AW 3.0:
> I tryed it and I have a 4mb Direct 3D card but It wouldn't load textures.
> the system requirements arn't just what you need tomake it function, you
> know! it's also what you need tomake it function CORRECTLY!

agent1

Dec 3, 2000, 3:04pm
This is why, I would assume.

-Agent1

dmonix at home.com
www.dmonix.net

nornny

Dec 3, 2000, 6:07pm
I must admit myself, we can be a whiney group, but we're all talk and no
action anyways, so it's harmless. BUT, we all did pay 20$ for unlimited
usage of AW, and even indirectly, support. Apparently, everyone is mad that
not only can they not access AW on their own times, but we're really getting
no answers on what is going on. Personally, I'd like to see if I could help
in any way, but just the peace of mind that I know what is going on would be
nice.

We haven't confirmed in any way that everyone over at the AWCOM staff is
testing 3.1, all they've been saying was that it was system check after
check after maintenence. For all we know, someone spilled coffee on the
computer server or something. :) So, if you think about it, they might not
be doing ANYTHING except blocking us from getting in while they sleep in
their offices.

Yes, we take the internet for granted sometimes, but hey, humans adjust and
adapt to daily routine, no matter how good or bad, and for a lot of us, we
do use AW daily. it's like waking up without any coffee, but you've been
drinking it every morning since you were 4. You'll get agitated too. :)

Anyways, just sit back and enjoy the ride. What doesn't kill us will make us
stronger, which AWCOM has always proven in the long run. :P

Nornny

[View Quote]

sw comit

Dec 3, 2000, 7:31pm
Boooooo, AW costs about 5 cents a day. I demand 10 cents worth of
registration onto my account! =P

Btw, whenever AWLC says "we apologize for any incontinence" it makes me
sick, they're not sorry for nothing, they can care less.

[View Quote]

sw comit

Dec 3, 2000, 8:52pm
oops, I mean AWLD

LOL! What kind of machine are they using that does that??? Even a P75 '94
digital VENTURIS 575 machine used as server by me and a friend wouldn't do
that! But well, we nearly wrecked it yesterday trying to put in a second HD.
And wen we gave up and just put in a 1GB it wouldn't accept they keyboard...
But well, we'll find out of it quicker than the guys over at AWCI that are
supposed to be educated on that kind of stuff (we arn't)! They should make
it registration free!

KAH
PS. AWCI: buy a NEW server that WORKS!!!!!!!! And make better excuses!
[View Quote]

fatts

> Just chill out.
> There is life outside AW.

Not so sure about that because some like me use AW's to get out in the first
place...I also use MS's Flightsim to get outside of the world I am stuck in
but I just use my back ups to keep going when things happen.

BUT I do understand your comment and for many it could be true'r then some
think.

Have fun