New Objects for Alpha - Thanks (Community)

New Objects for Alpha - Thanks // Community

1  |

just in

May 3, 2000, 2:58am
Hi all,

Rick Noll has just confirmed the new objects are now added to Alpha.

Thanks all who gave their support with emails and such.

Note we won't get use of them until Roland takes down the server and
restarts it. Rick did not say when that will happen.

Regards, Justin

May 4, 2000, 6:28pm
Bigger thanks should go to YOU for making these!!
You have made a lot of people very happy.
The slanted poles and new street objects are my favourites
Thanks again

-Mizzy

[View Quote]

jp watt

May 6, 2000, 8:18am
Yes I agree, now Im going to go on an AW building spree lol

Thats just as soon as I do this report for school ehe

Just In now RULES!

[View Quote]

ormondt@cvwrf.state.ut.us (the wanderer)

May 6, 2000, 8:18am
mizzy at lineone.net wrote in <3911dd54$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Bigger thanks should go to YOU for making these!!
>You have made a lot of people very happy.
>The slanted poles and new street objects are my favourites
>Thanks again

[View Quote] Where can these marvels be viewed?

--

The Wanderer
Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

nornny

May 6, 2000, 8:18am
Ditto, a lot more architectural freedom is now in place for AW, and I'm sure
a new breed of better built cities and buildings will come out because of
these seemingly simple objects. Also, it's early now, but just imagine what
we can learn to do with these new objects. The imagination is even ever so
more endless...

Nornny

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

May 7, 2000, 9:49am
If you go to Lara's object yard she has a clickable sign that will take you
to where they are.
Also....TechnoZeus has a web page with pictures and objects names at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/TechnoZeus/stuff.html#TOP

While were on the subject:)
Thank you TechnoZeus and Just In for creating these wonderful additions:)
And thank you AWCom, Inc for adding them to our Community enjoyment:)
BTW....best get building ....next round of the Cy Awards is in September!
Sincerely,
AlphaBit Phalpha

nornny

May 7, 2000, 9:49am
Most of the objects can be seen in Lara's object yard if you need the names,
but I think there was a handful that she didn't add up yet.

Nornny

[View Quote]

lara

May 7, 2000, 9:49am
The new objects can be seen at AW 23555.4N 23517.6W 0.0a 0

Also, you can see a list of the new object names at
http://objects.activeworlds.com/aw/models/?M=D

Thanks to Mauz for telling me about "?M=D" which makes the most
recently added files appear at the top of the list. The new objects
were put in May 2, 2000.

The big thank-you's should go to Technozeus and Just In. Both of
those citizens made those cool new objects for alphaworld. :-)

Lara

[View Quote]

just in

May 7, 2000, 9:49am
In Reply:

I have set up all the objects in summary, plus demonstrations on how the
triangle objects work together in my condensed building yard (arguably the
best building yard for advanced builders in Alpha) at AW 489.6S 385.7W
0.1a 180

Unfortunately there are a few errors that have crept in, TZ and I are aware
that AWComm did a little bit of editing here and there that has upset a few
objects, and these now need fixing. These include some WK objects having
their center point moved (making them extremely difficult to build with),
the walk000 and floor00 display pictures back to front, and new textures
wood7 and wood8 aren't loaded up for the boards, units, and cylinders.
There are also a few objects that for some reason never got added, but
nothing to weep tears over.

Something worth reminding everyone, pp01s2.rwx and pp15s1.rwx both take
pics in the "lit" mode, which means for you creative folks out there...
you can download a texture from AWcomm... then draw something onto it of
your own skill... then merge those objects into a wall of your building.
eg... it will be very easy to put a rupture/crack in any wall now... or
a film strip spider running up and down the wall :o) maybe we should run
a competition on wall ideas!

This should be obvious, but button_2 takes the sign command, and the new
doors take the picture command. Lara's yard has a multitude of pictures of
doors. And last but not least... I hope you will all use those walk000
and floor00 with animates or pics for your swimming pools, spas, lakes, etc.

Have fun!!

Best wishes, Justin

[View Quote]

lara

May 7, 2000, 9:49am
They are on display at AW 23554.3N 23517.6W 0.0a 0
(Thanks, Technozeus and Just In, for creating them!)

Lara

[View Quote] > Where can these marvels be viewed?

myrth

May 8, 2000, 11:35am
Object registries don't support non axis aligned objects. : (

[View Quote]

myrth

May 8, 2000, 11:35am
Do you have these files somewhere outside of Aw's path we can download them from? I'd like to see the new woods. (visited WWWorld
and saw one new wood)

[View Quote]

just in

May 8, 2000, 7:37pm
Do I understand this right??

Are you saying that any object added to any world running a registry must be
centered around its most central point?

Justin

[View Quote]

terry kafader

It would really be a nice thing if they made just the new objects and textures
etc available for download in one zip file.&nbsp; IE: new objects.zip,
new textures.zip etc.&nbsp; As it is, we have to download each, one at
a time...Btw, I checked the main zip files and the new items are not in
them.
[View Quote]

myrth

May 8, 2000, 11:01pm
yes

[View Quote]

=?iso-8859-1?q?eep=b2?=

May 9, 2000, 1:53am
Well, objects don't HAVE to be centered around their absolute axis center. So long as you know the object's dimensions the registry should be fine.

And, Myrth, if object registries didn't support axis-aligned objects (sprites), anyone could place one in AlphaWorld, but they can't because of encroachment which is handled by its object registry. Also AW would say the object isn't registered, but that doesn't happen either...

[View Quote] > yes

[View Quote] --
http://tnlc.com/eep/ - Active Worlds, Tomb Raider, 3D game comparison, The Sims
Enable line/word wrap if text not wrapping.

just in

May 9, 2000, 11:47am
ENZO is looking into the "wk" and "wl" triangle objects that are 60 + 60 +
60 degree corners. TZ built them so he will liaise with ENZO about what to
do and what can be fixed. Otherwise we'll just have to scrap the 20 objects
it effects.

Another bug has been realised, and that is the underside of all wk and walk
objects should be "texturemode lit" but they are not. What this means is
that they are exceedingly bright when put up against any existing walk or
floor AND you use animate command on them both. Hopefully this will be
fixed soon too.

And one day ENZO will get around to adding wood7 and 8 textures that belong
to the cyl, board and unit objects. He said he would a couple times now.

So, in summary, there are fixes to be done to wk, wl and walk objects, and
in worse case scenario some of these will be removed. Everything else is
fine.

Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

myrth

May 9, 2000, 11:47am
Eh...
Shows you what I know. Guess I shouldn't base my knowledge off of RWXMod's built in registry generator. Well... Yeah, sorry
for giving incorrect information.

-Myrth

[View Quote]

terry kafader

May 10, 2000, 7:56pm
I have downloaded all of the textures, objects, seqs, and avatars that
have a date of January2000 or later and have zipped them. you can
download them at http://209.158.225.67. I tried to get all of the new
ones, however, I may have missed one or two. I will add to the zips as
time allows and I know there are newer aw items ready to download. If
you find any that need to be added, I would really appreciate being
notified.

Thanks,

Terry

[View Quote] > Hi all,