Lose of free web sites for picture image use (General Discussion)

Lose of free web sites for picture image use // General Discussion

1  |

bro

Apr 16, 2003, 4:03pm
How come there was never a warning to the citizens that all their
work would be trashed by 3.4. The history of AW is filled with
pictures and art . Why didn't AW let the free web hosts decide if they
was going to block AW?

carlbanks

Apr 16, 2003, 4:20pm
It's not just to stop webhosts it's to stop people from stealing stuff from
people's OPs.

[View Quote]

bro

Apr 16, 2003, 4:29pm
Yes after talking toAW on the phone I understand that. It is too
bad that so much work is lost in AW though.
[View Quote]

sk8man 1

Apr 16, 2003, 5:35pm
Actually it's not AW's fault that the free webservers block leeching...you
can always use a redirection script that makes the webservers think that
you're actually downloading the picture :P

not really... you just get a better web host and change the URLs, I might
make a bot to do it auto when I have time.

The pics just needs to be moved.

I think it has more advantages than disadvantages that AW got
closer to the web standards.

[View Quote]

sk8man 1

Apr 16, 2003, 6:11pm
http://awtaz.net/p.php

You can use this as a picture redirection thing URL.

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Apr 18, 2003, 2:44pm
Hey, lots of buildings get destroyed by the actual free hosts themselves
anyway. You'll find old buildings from 2000 or something lying around,
the loss of pictures caused by Tripod or Geocities shutting down the
account for some reason or another.

Of course you can also find older buildings with the Tripod stuff still
in tact, weird how some accounts can survive so long and some can't...

"sk8man 1" <gzanone at optonline.net> wrote this
(news:3e9da280$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in general.discussion on 16
Apr 2003: