Beta Testers - A Request (General Discussion)

Beta Testers - A Request // General Discussion

Could someone suggest to Shamus of adding midi capability to the noise
command? I'd like to be able to use midis for my themed builds like Hyrule
that don't fade out when you get away from them.

Otherwise you'll all just have to download really big mp3s... heh heh. >:D

Chris

Usage

noise URL [overlap]

Description

As with the sound command, URL can either be the name of a
sound local to that world (i.e. a sound located in the "sound"
folder of the world's object path) or it can be an absolute URL to
a .wav, .mid, or .mp3 file anywhere on the World Wide Web.
====

source : http://www.activeworlds.com/help/noise_command.html

so it should already work

[View Quote]

brant

Dec 17, 2002, 10:59am
Ahhh! We don't need any more commands! If Shamus keeps adding commands,
it'll be June until this build is released.

LOL - be careful what you wish for :)

" it'll be June until this build is released."

i assume you mean June of 2004 right? :)

brant

Dec 17, 2002, 2:28pm
Well, I was going to say 2005 - 2004 is very soon ..... :)

[View Quote]

ncc 71854

Dec 17, 2002, 3:12pm
2379

[View Quote]

bonzai

Dec 17, 2002, 3:41pm
i heard they plan to release 3.5 then

"ncc 71854" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> schreef in bericht
news:3dff5af9 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> 2379

[View Quote]

brant

Dec 17, 2002, 4:51pm
Nah, 3.5 will be in 2010, at this rate :)

[View Quote]

bonzai

Dec 17, 2002, 6:28pm
oooo an optimist ;)

"brant" <awteen at shoemakervillage.org> schreef in bericht
news:3dff7225$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Nah, 3.5 will be in 2010, at this rate :)

[View Quote]

john

Dec 17, 2002, 6:40pm
Nah - 3010!

[View Quote]

ncc 71854

Dec 18, 2002, 11:55am
By then we will have Holodecks, much better than sitting in fron of a
computer.

This is an email from JFK2. He requested this to be posted. He wants other
music file types supported in some future release of AW.

Hello Sw Chris

I'm glad that you and I are not the only ones that LOVE midi as part of the
noise commands.
But if you really want to look and practice... It is allready implimented
in 3.3
I have been using it for DISCO music without a bot for a long time using the
Astart, Adone, Astop on several midirig and animate me commands using one
CLICK ACTIVATE object
to do it with. On my Christmass builds it would be Frosty The Snowman to
start
off 12 tunes - a - playin' and the 12th was 12 Days Of Christmass.
In the DISCO builds it is the main jukebox that starts it all off.
The smaller jukeboxes [midi or wav speakers with texture of jukebox] were
the ones that
started from 10+, 20+, 30+, 40+, 50+ to 60But only the person who clicks on
the start object
gets to hear any music with teh NOISE command.

BUT what i would love to see added in the 3.4 is the usage of MOD, STM, S3m,
FAR, XM music
file types. Winamp, Sonique and others all play these types of music but in
my
opinion XMPLAY does the best job of doing it.
To get a taste of what i'm talking about PLEASE check this url out...
http://scene.org = All the
files are in either ZIP, LHA, LZH format [LHA is what LZH was long before it
changed to LZH.
Think of it as this... LHARC = version 1 BUT LZH = version 2,3,5,7 as that
is the compression
levels used. Change the file extension to LZH and the good old LZH
unarchiver will take it
in bulk if needed]
Why am i asking for these type of music files?
Well... Like midi files the tunes are the smallest in their native format.
But changed
with XMPLAY, SONIQUE, WINAMP [They all use the same plugins] then you
download some
big WAV or MP3 files. Like midi files you can have 5 min long tune in 20 k
of file.
OR i have seen some of these that are HUGE sizes. [HUGE = About what a mp3
file looks like]
http://scene.org is the largest of places to obtain these files and there
are at
least 150 gigs of music there in this format. It would give the builder
another audio
avenue to express their builds AND do it where there is no Music Recording
Company [ASCAP / BMI]
telling you of illegal files. These are the type that most often refer to
as
the AMIGA COMPUTER SOUND FILES. [Modtracker, Fasttracker, Supertracker, etc]
that has been
ported to the other computer formats.

So if you can post my wishes for the added to the AW newsgroups or email
someone you might
know who is a beta tester and express that small request of mine.
although i don't use AW... I do use the browser in other universes.

Regards, JFK2

Get FREE 50 MB email at http://www.AtoZasia.com