Outer Worlds (General Discussion)

Outer Worlds // General Discussion

1  2  |

pc hamster

Jul 9, 2002, 4:31am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Make that two other additions....

* ActiveWorlds TV
* AW News

A third and fourth could be PEACEKEEPERS and the GARBAGE ELIMINATION TEAM...

Let's see if anyone else can think of any others...

Patrick

"zaphodbeeblebrox" <overlordq at cox.net> wrote in
news:3d271639 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Ok few things on this thread. A) OW isn't a big evil greedy
> corporation, it's run by a small group of individuals, they probably
> dont have the resources to run a newsserver, B) I have dual Cit's, I
> got my AW one before the big rate hike, and then after I got my OW
> Cit, since it still is only $20 a year.

You don't need much resources to run a newsserver :-)) People think servers
are freaky, strange, advanced things, but they're just like any other
application, nothing special. They've got resources to run a web and
uniserver, so they could just get a free or cheap newsserver and run it on
the webserver machine. If they take the free option, it'll cost them
about... $0.00 :-)) and very little in effort.

"pc hamster" <pchamster at email.msn.com> wrote in
news:3d2a7fec at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hi everyone:
>
> This would be like asking SHOUTcast to resume listing Live365 stations
> and vice-versa. Sorry Ananas, but it ain't gonna happen....

Well, there's a difference, because SHOUTCast is a free product and Live365
(I think) is a commercial product, meaning that it'll just be like giving
the Live365 people money while increasing your own maintenace costs that
you DON'T get payed back by selling your product. Now, with a universe
cooperation, there could be money in it for all the cooperating universes
because people would get cits and worlds in several of them, increasing the
community and registrations in all of them.

KAH

zaphodbeeblebrox

Jul 10, 2002, 3:10pm
[View Quote] In the proccess

> * AW News

We have news.

> A third and fourth could be PEACEKEEPERS and the GARBAGE ELIMINATION
TEAM...

We're respectful, so we dont need either.

> Let's see if anyone else can think of any others...

RT's, Community Games, VRBanking, WVRR

I'd actually be interested in seeing the OW version of AWNews. But
you'll have to tell me where it is, as "www.ownews.com" appears to be
some sort of Chinese company, and there's no mention of any news on the
OW website...

[View Quote] >
> We have news.

Call it "journalistic curiosity"...
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

Eh? Sorry to bring up a old post but ive only just downloaded the NG again after a reformat, are you saying you dont get land / much land in in OW? As a person who owns about p-70 of builds thoughout AW / AWTeen I think thats nuts

wizard myrddin wiz@(remove

Aug 14, 2002, 8:07pm
no I was saying that in Activeworlds.INC you get basically as much land as
needed in aw for $69.95 a year and in some other places you pay about $39.95
for a little bit of of land you have to ask for, in some you have to have
time based or event winning to earn VR$ to but lots.

Our Jpg yards are at present covering a world size of a p100 world, can you
see any other Universe handing over that much land for jpgs?

Although some must get of with building object yards all over the place and
wasting space best used for creative building..