Read this. (General Discussion)

Read this. // General Discussion

1  |

carlbanks

May 21, 2002, 2:22pm
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1089531/000095014402004938/g76111ex1.
txt

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-845018.html

It says half of AW was sold.

dion

May 21, 2002, 2:32pm
sweet :-D

I hate to sound happy about something that seems so horrible but it looks
good to me, I don't think AWCom could keep it up for much longer and if this
X3D place can do a better job, it'd be great :-) Hopefully they lower the
prices, too :-P hehe.

[View Quote]

agent1

May 21, 2002, 2:51pm
That SEC report only says that a certain portion of AWC shares were sold...
Since AWC is incorporated in Delaware, shareholders don't have any "say" in
how the company is run. The second article has nothing to do with this
transaction; simply the company buying stock.

"dion" <GovDion at subdimension.com> wrote in
news:3cea768b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> sweet :-D
>
> I hate to sound happy about something that seems so horrible but it
> looks good to me, I don't think AWCom could keep it up for much longer
> and if this X3D place can do a better job, it'd be great :-) Hopefully
> they lower the prices, too :-P hehe.

Won't make any difference, they only bought some stock, you don't suddently
own a company even though you bought stock in it!

KAH

jerme

May 21, 2002, 5:19pm
But why would JP and Rick sell 600,000 shares each? At $.15... that's
$180,000 dollars changing hands.

Seems a little excessive to me... I think this other company is planning
something. Maybe they just want to have their foot in the door, so when AW
bites the dust they'll have an advantage.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeremy Booker

dion

May 21, 2002, 6:45pm
if you buy more than 50% you own most of the company :-P

[View Quote]

zeo toxion

May 21, 2002, 6:55pm
Maybe but look at the bright side. Maybe this will start up the highly
needed marketing change for AW and maybe if we had new managment we could
finally take some large steps in the right direction. Let's just hope the
best comes out of this.

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A message from Zeo Toxion

[View Quote]

builderz

May 21, 2002, 9:34pm
Not so with AWC. They are incorporated under Delaware law, where a
hostile takeover (buying 51% of a stock and saying you own it) does not
apply. This has been discussed in the past (even Eep has told others
about this).

-Builderz

"dion" <GovDion at subdimension.com> wrote in news:3ceab204$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> if you buy more than 50% you own most of the company :-P

Well too bad they didn't buy that much!

KAH

filmkr

May 24, 2002, 7:33pm
Bad a math Carl? Your comment is factually wrong.
It says that JP and Rick sold approx. 25% of their own personal shares of AW
stock.
Their shares were only approx. 50% of AW shares, therefore 25% of that is far
less than AW selling half as you wrongly commented.
It also falls in line with the intended merger that was reported. Simply put...
They cashed out cheap for a few measly dollars when they found a buyer willing
to take some of the paper. After taxes they get far less and even at sale it was
only $90,000.00 each. That is hardly a reason to even open up a company.

[View Quote] > http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1089531/000095014402004938/g76111ex1.
> txt
>
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-845018.html
>
> It says half of AW was sold.

the derek

May 25, 2002, 5:06pm
why did they buy that much in the first place? thats stupid aw wont stay
alive the way its run right now

"filmkr" <nospam at privacy.com> wrote in
news:3CEEAE1C.4D61CB24 at privacy.com:

> Bad a math Carl? Your comment is factually wrong.
> It says that JP and Rick sold approx. 25% of their own personal shares
> of AW stock.
> Their shares were only approx. 50% of AW shares, therefore 25% of that
> is far less than AW selling half as you wrongly commented.
> It also falls in line with the intended merger that was reported.
> Simply put... They cashed out cheap for a few measly dollars when they
> found a buyer willing to take some of the paper. After taxes they get
> far less and even at sale it was only $90,000.00 each. That is hardly
> a reason to even open up a company.

X3D own about 14% now, and as they own more than 10% they want to have a
shareholder meeting to throw two AWC board of director members now... see
http://awnews.com/html/ for more info about this.

KAH
PS. the AWC are getting kicked off Nasdaq Smallcap in 3 days