Anyone fly R/C Airplanes? (General Discussion)

Anyone fly R/C Airplanes? // General Discussion

1  |

trekkerx

Aug 31, 2001, 1:59am
Anyone in the newsgroups, fly R/C or Control Line (U-Line) Airplanes for
fun? Cuz im starting, and was wondering how many people like to fly
them.

nova n@n.com

Aug 31, 2001, 2:15am
I use to tinker with them
didnt fly them much though was to disapointing
to get one up and have it crash *is a horible pilot*
I did run rc cars all the time includeing one i built fromscratch dang near
was a mix of a trx1 a kyosho and some scratch built parts was the badest rc
car i ever saw i had a crash bar on the fron the was sort of shaped like
this > eheheh some other guy had a old barrbie rc car body with real rc car
stuff in it painted black.
i hit him when he lept cutting me off.
all you seen was black and pink plastic flyign around hahah
my rc car did 57 mph and was aproaching 3 pounds :)

Oo... I've always wanted to do that. Like so many other things... ":\

SW Chris

[View Quote]

prince dyonis

Aug 31, 2001, 8:57pm
Oh yes i did ! it was easy and fun !!!!!

trekkerx a écrit :

> Anyone in the newsgroups, fly R/C or Control Line (U-Line) Airplanes for
> fun? Cuz im starting, and was wondering how many people like to fly
> them.

trekkerx

Aug 31, 2001, 9:33pm
fun to wach others crash, but not yours.

[View Quote] > I use to tinker with them
> didnt fly them much though was to disapointing
> to get one up and have it crash *is a horible pilot*
> I did run rc cars all the time includeing one i built fromscratch dang near
> was a mix of a trx1 a kyosho and some scratch built parts was the badest rc
> car i ever saw i had a crash bar on the fron the was sort of shaped like
> this > eheheh some other guy had a old barrbie rc car body with real rc car
> stuff in it painted black.
> i hit him when he lept cutting me off.
> all you seen was black and pink plastic flyign around hahah
> my rc car did 57 mph and was aproaching 3 pounds :)
[View Quote]

wing.

Aug 31, 2001, 11:58pm
I've done it a coupla times, theres a landfill up around here thats always FULL of these guys. Apparently packed dirt on top of
garbage makes a great surface to land on as it won't chew your plane up too bad if you sneeze or somthing :)

[View Quote]

nova n@n.com

Sep 1, 2001, 12:56am
lol yeh
i did all but shoot one down
idiot was buzzing my house
so i shot it a few times with a bb gun
was a 12 shot co2 rifle hahah
hit it at least 10 times
and it started sputering and smoking
[View Quote]

nova n@n.com

Sep 1, 2001, 12:58am
is a expensive hobby
can go up to 1000S of dolors for one plane transmiter and reciver
control line (u controls) are fun though and cheap plus there are lots of
clubs specificly for control line crafts not all are planes helos card even
ufos :)
[View Quote]

syntax

Sep 1, 2001, 1:01am
LOL

[View Quote]

nova n@n.com

Sep 1, 2001, 1:03am
o for those who are interested in planes car helocopters contro line crafts
etc go to
http://www.towerhobbies.com they have every thing you will need o yeh get
the mop ready
your gona druel over soem of the stuff they got :)
i sugest for the beginer rc pilot a ugly stick plane or one of the other
"stick planes" they are basicly ugly boxxy but nearly indistructable planes.
also rc gliders are good for intermidiate pilots they fly nice and slow
making them easy to keep from crashing.
dont start with a helo to hard to fly period you need leasons for them and
they are deadly if you loose control freing had to get 12 stickes from a
rotor blade hiting him.
[View Quote]

prince dyonis

Sep 4, 2001, 9:24pm
Not so expensive, right, the transmiter receiver cost, but a plane is cheaper
than a RC car

a simple plane can be repaired easily without to spend a lot of money, if
the motor is still ok

i had a good digital transmitter receiver for (converts french Francs to US
$)......

350 $

a plane for 150 $

well, for 500 $ you can fly, but take lessons, because it bother to repair
the plane each time you fly LOL !

i had a R/C pilot certificate and made acrobatics :))))