Questions.... (General Discussion)

Questions.... // General Discussion

Why is the server down? What does it all mean? Is the world coming to an
end? Are router problems killing ISPs all over the world?

Anybody here want to see how long this thread can get while the uniserver is
down? :D

SW Chris

look in my reply to Brandon... yes, the world is more or less coming to an
end...

wing

Aug 17, 2001, 7:31pm
AHhhh, the internet as we know it is collapsing O_O_O_O

Sure, lets see how long it can get. Want me to do the 14 identical posts trick again?

[View Quote]

chucks party

Aug 17, 2001, 7:33pm
lol We might have to reschedule the AWTeen Cy Awards Party for tonite, all will
depend on how long this lasts. *sighs* We shall see. I will make a formal post
of it here after 9pm vrt if we still can't connect.
Guess we turn it into a post party for next Friday maybe, lol WHAT A BUMMER!!
lol

[View Quote]

wing

Aug 17, 2001, 7:36pm
That is, assuming the Cys themselves don't get run over to next week or somthing.

Wee the uniserver's back up. No AW running tho.

Who here's addicted to active worlds!?!?

*raises a hand*

SW Chris

[View Quote]

chucks party

Aug 17, 2001, 8:06pm
LOL well now all we are waiting for is AW to start hosting their worlds again,
let's hope that's sometime soon, lol

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Aug 17, 2001, 8:45pm
*raises both hands*

[View Quote]

themask

Aug 17, 2001, 9:29pm
*Raises hand* sadly, yes lol

--
TheMask
Stuff-X - Bot & World Hosting Services
TheMask at stuff-x.com

Here's an interesting story... Poor Ox64 has ISP problems so for the whole
day AW Backroads has been running back-to-back non-stop on ABN Television.
Because of his ISP, we missed the first airing of Late Tonight. :(

SW Chris

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Aug 18, 2001, 9:39am
Saturday, August 18, 2001
:(

The main AW server crashed early Friday afternoon, at approximately
1:35 PM PST. The universe is now back up and all worlds except for
AlphaWorld have been restarted. As usual, the crash corrupted the
AlphaWorld database. Fortunately, the database is fully recoverable and
a rebuild is now in progress. Updated information about AlphaWorld will
be posted here when it becomes available.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Activeworlds.com, Inc.

But AW [Alpha World] is NOT the only world still down.
Another AWCOM world is down too....
Beta World = 5000 km nswe is also dead
Now if that is dead because of a bad database file...
I'm one of those nuts out thare that have the entire worlds
propdump file [obtained from my xylgot bot] 2 days prior LOL
So if anyone had a build there.... Which way do you like it.
I have both Propdump & the famous XLG multiple files from the bot for
all of Beta World's 5000 km nswe.
the reason i did that was to see if I had any stray property in that
world. That new service to do property searches in AW World gave me
the idea to do my own propdump file and search for any stray objects on
Beta. While i found several stray of mine objects there... I also found
a good sized beginning build from Chucks Party that he still feels he
dosen't have know it would exist as he never did anything there... I
have that on all the files for Beta World...

Chuck... This is how i was able to gram you with this info

-1968544780, landa.rwx
30.550n 770.950w 0.00a 0.0°, Chucks Party Get Me Started Object
321673, 985781740,
That is located on Beta World

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at nckcn.com> wrote in
news:3b7dc784 at server1.Activeworlds.com: