Physics Engine (Wishlist)

Physics Engine // Wishlist

1  |

calhoun

Aug 10, 2003, 3:20am
AW needs one, I want to beable to push certain objects without setting up
triggers that take hours just to make a realistic environment; Physics
Engines AW can get but they won't get reflections that I've shown possible
.... AW can get a physics engine, is 100 % able to and should

[View Quote] In which physical environment can I fly without the use of some means of
propulsion? :P

No of SETI units returned: 69
Processing time: 57 days, 10 hours.
(Total hours: 1378)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

starfleet

Aug 10, 2003, 6:07am
Space :P

[View Quote] ;) you need to push off _something_ to move. Otherwise, you're very
stranded. (those little space suits move my by venting nitrogen I think)

No of SETI units returned: 69
Processing time: 57 days, 10 hours.
(Total hours: 1378)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

brock

Aug 11, 2003, 8:09pm
Dont mind this post, just Calhoun and another one of his "OMG I PROGRAM HALF
LIFE STUFF, AW SHOULD BE JUST LIKE HALF LIFE" speels.

--
Brock - 308723 - DE Leader

[View Quote] Half-Life's physics engine sucks plus a half. Pun intended. Ever try
to push anything there? It just won't work. Vehicles? Now that's even
crappier. They dissappear through the floor, jump, crappy control
mechanism. Sooo..... How could it be? :P

No of SETI units returned: 69
Processing time: 57 days, 10 hours.
(Total hours: 1378)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

calhoun

Aug 12, 2003, 4:06am
ever hear of Havok? Half-Life's Physic System sucks, I'm just saying I pay
for my citizenship and I think AW should have a Physics Engine
[View Quote]

calhoun

Aug 12, 2003, 4:08am
actually, don't mind Brock's Post .... because he is just being a newbie....
if I recall he seems to post on my stuff because he does not like me and its
a waste of space; in other words: Brock's Posts are pointless
[View Quote]

lord fett

Aug 12, 2003, 5:51am
how about the Half Life 2 engine? lol now that would be a sweet addition
to AW :)

[View Quote] AW only spends a quarter of a million on sub par technology. I mean
come on fett, you should know that.

No of SETI units returned: 69
Processing time: 57 days, 10 hours.
(Total hours: 1378)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> wrote in
news:3f38ab7e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> AW only spends a quarter of a million on sub par technology. I mean
> come on fett, you should know that.

Isn't it actually 3/4 of a million? I thought each version (D3D, OGL and
software) of RW3 cost $250k.

KAH

calhoun

Aug 12, 2003, 4:11pm
oh yeah
[View Quote]

joeman

Aug 12, 2003, 7:00pm
I'd have to agree with Brock. You'll whining because AW doesn't have
Half-Life's physics engine; which wasn't the best. Although Havok might be
a high-level company, included in may games, they really didn't get things
even close to right until Havok 2. Anyway, even so, AW doesn't have the
million required to license this bad technology. If you don't like that AW
wont add this, cancel your citizenship; I'm sure they don't care either way.

-Joe

[View Quote]

calhoun

Aug 12, 2003, 8:46pm
where did I say "Half-Life" I said Physics Engine, there are many Physics
Engines why is Half-Life (the game which made physics engine bad) what these
people say I am whining about which I never said "Half-Life" only Physics
Engine, and BTW Half-Life's Physic Engine sucks so stop whining for it I
just said AW's Current Physic Engine (nothing) sucks and that anything would
be better than nothing ffs

"calhoun" <coen at charter.net> wrote in
news:3f396e46$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> where did I say "Half-Life" I said Physics Engine, there are many
> Physics Engines why is Half-Life (the game which made physics engine
> bad) what these people say I am whining about which I never said
> "Half-Life" only Physics Engine, and BTW Half-Life's Physic Engine
> sucks so stop whining for it I just said AW's Current Physic Engine
> (nothing) sucks and that anything would be better than nothing ffs

Karma physics would be neat. Although AW doesn't have much use for some of
the Karma system (ragdoll physics, used in FPS games when actors die).

And you're being unreasonable critisizing him for the H-L engine, he never
mentioned it in his original post. Brock does sometimes act pretty
imaturely, you should know better than to take him litterally.

KAH

calhoun

Aug 14, 2003, 7:19am
I'm only humoring him
[View Quote]

chris cat

Aug 14, 2003, 2:21pm
But the Unreal Engine has great physics, but we zll know if aw added that,
the prices would skyrocket X_X

[View Quote] Why do they even need to buy someone else's engine. I say develop their
own, market it for a little less than the standard rendering engine on
the market (make a profit for once with a smart decision) and work on
getting a damn multi-platform code going.

Code developers (for bots/models) are most likely going to be from a
*nix background. Look at the dual A's... :P. Texture developers are
usually half-half.