aw_send_sound() (Wishlist)

aw_send_sound() // Wishlist

I really wish we could have this, a way of telling the browser to play a
sound regardless of an object or area event. For example when I click on
someone in paintball we both hear gunfire.

- Mark

pineriver

Apr 29, 2003, 6:04pm
That would be cool, you could easily do it with a bot though
[View Quote]

dion

Apr 29, 2003, 6:23pm
if you're talking about laying down an object with create sound on it, the
building of an object is much much too slow, especially for something like a
gunshot.

-Dion

[View Quote]

pineriver

Apr 29, 2003, 7:09pm
That is true
[View Quote]

sk8man2

Apr 29, 2003, 7:35pm
It would also be useful if you want multiple sounds and only to have to
send sounds to a specific user doing an event, or multiple users but
privately.

[View Quote]

ubermonkey

Apr 30, 2003, 3:45am
I concurr, this is a really important one IMO.

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in news:3eaec491
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I really wish we could have this, a way of telling the browser to play a
> sound regardless of an object or area event. For example when I click on
> someone in paintball we both hear gunfire.

You *might* get away with sending the URL.

KAH

sk8man2

Apr 30, 2003, 4:44pm
Wouldn't it have to download and than open up in one of their music
programs? It would be a pain in the but to have to open up windows media
player, mmjb, or winamp every time someone sent you a sound. It also isn't
good for your computer to keep opening and closing them. I wonder if it's
possible to get winamp so it picks up everyone seperately (live) and sends
out sounds to certain IPs depending on what they're doing. I'm sure it would
be easy to match the IPs.. unless they're using a proxy inside AW. Maybe
someone could try to build a winamp plugin that works with a bot hehe.

[View Quote]

dion

Apr 30, 2003, 6:29pm
What? No way, AW would play the sounds just like it plays all other sounds
like how it uses the "create sound" action.

-Dion

[View Quote] [View Quote]

"sk8man2" <gzanone at optonline.net> wrote in
news:3eb019a4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Wouldn't it have to download and than open up in one of their music
> programs? It would be a pain in the but to have to open up windows
> media player, mmjb, or winamp every time someone sent you a sound. It
> also isn't good for your computer to keep opening and closing them. I
> wonder if it's possible to get winamp so it picks up everyone
> seperately (live) and sends out sounds to certain IPs depending on
> what they're doing. I'm sure it would be easy to match the IPs..
> unless they're using a proxy inside AW. Maybe someone could try to
> build a winamp plugin that works with a bot hehe.

That might happen. But IE might also play it transparently. (WAV only, not
MP3)

KAH

technozeus

May 19, 2003, 3:05pm
Since such games are bot controlled anyway, all that would be needed is a way for the bot to issue a sound command directly much as it can currently send console messages. If such sounds could be issued either to specific people or to all people within range of a given location, that would give added flexability.

TechnoZeus.