Browser Within Activeworlds Ability (Wishlist)

Browser Within Activeworlds Ability // Wishlist

1  |

the lady

Apr 19, 2003, 4:57pm
For example, I want to show off old Alpha World help files at my build. I'd
like to have a fully functional working html page viewable on a picture
object. It does not need to have the ability to bookmark, file save, etc.
but I'd like for it to scroll (and show a scroll bar), show the page exactly
as it appears (including jpg, bmp, gif pictures) I'd settle for jpg's only.

It does not need to be fully readable on the small pictures, but on the
larger pict objects, I want to be able to read standard sized print.

calhoun

Apr 21, 2003, 8:26pm
you can view the old ones if you have the right stuff you just have to
reprogram the Browser and message set
[View Quote]

technozeus

Apr 21, 2003, 8:29pm
I think she meant the ability to open a browser window on the surface of an object in the 3D environment. (Please correct me if I'm mistaken.)

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

calhoun

Apr 21, 2003, 8:37pm
maybe i didnt fully read
[View Quote]

the lady

Apr 22, 2003, 10:26pm
I meant something like this in the action line of a pict1.rwx object:

create browser www.somethinggoeshere.com/thelady/awhtmlpage1.html
scrollbar=red

The result of the above example html page will show up on the pict1.object
with a red scroll bar to the right. The scrollbar will have the ability to
be manipulated similar to the "examine" command except this scrolls text up
and down and across on the pict1.rwx object. And regarding the below post,
clicking anywhere on the pict1.rwx object will bring up the real html
website such as is mirrored on the pict1.rwx object.

[View Quote]

technozeus

Apr 23, 2003, 8:04am
Ah, so you're not talking about actual HTML support on a 3D object, but rather the equivilent of displaying the thumbnail image of the web page as a picture or texture?

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Apr 23, 2003, 8:53pm
I think she is talking about HTML support on a 3D object :¬)

They did it in WorldsPlayer but its code is different from AW and I don't
think it uses RenderWare...

"technozeus" <TechnoZeus at usa.net> wrote this
(news:3ea65704 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in wishlist on 23 Apr 2003:

> Ah, so you're not talking about actual HTML support on a 3D object,
> but rather the equivilent of displaying the thumbnail image of the web
> page as a picture or texture?
>
> TechnoZeus

technozeus

Apr 24, 2003, 6:12pm
That's what I was thinking at first too, but that last post she made about it looks to me like something else... which would be a whole lot easier to implement, I would think.

TechnoZeus