delete a world from my world list (Wishlist)

delete a world from my world list // Wishlist

1  |

einga

Mar 10, 2003, 7:26am
There are some worlds on the list that I don't want to see and would like to
right click and have them dissappear just like when I removed a name from my
contact list.... I just don't want some green worlds to be there, I just
don't want to see them. I wonder if that is something not that important but
is my wish.

technozeus

Mar 10, 2003, 8:52am
There are two ways I can think of right now that something of that nature could be implemented.

The first, and probably the easiest, would be to simply have a list of world name stored in a special text file that would be hidden from the worlds list.

The second, would be to set up an ini style database, with world categories in it, and allow you to place any world in any category, but only in one category at a time. For example, you could make a category named Favorites, one named Fun Worlds, one named Interesting Places, and one named Bad Places, and move all of the worlds you want to avoid into the Bad Places list, so they wouldn't show up in th uncategorized list or any of your other categories.

Alternately, I suppose it would be possible to use both the list of hidden worlds and the world categories, in which case it would make more sense to allow a world to be in any number of categories at once.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote] Both are fairly easy to implement in theory. I actually think the ini one would be
easier.

--Bowen--

technozeus

Mar 10, 2003, 3:00pm
Probably. Of course, that would also mean having to add a "no such world" (or world not running) icon, for times when a world in one of your groups wasn't running. I still wish we could group contacts like that.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote] Easy cheesy. I think the icons they have now need to be redone quite a bit, it's
hard to tell what's closed, open, not rated, et al.

--Bowen--

einga

Mar 10, 2003, 5:24pm
Would be nice also showing the rate of the world next to it... and like
Bowen said, change the icons.. they are too close to each other and too
small... I don't like to enter a world that I don't want to go by mistake
just because I didn't pay much atention in pointing my cursor especifically
to the perfect position of the green circle icon for the world I want. I
always try to check good which world I click to go to.

Nothing against Gor worlds, I respect people's decisions in liking, but I
prefer not to enter one by mistake.

Example: Goreanlanda
Gorrillanda
Clicking by mistake on Goreanlanda if I want to go to Gorrillanda..... LOL
I don't want that, it is something I will prefer not to.

[View Quote] It was the beta icons I was talking about. If you think it's hard now, just wait.

--Bowen--

defiance

Mar 10, 2003, 7:13pm
World names are not longer than 8 chars.

ummm Dosent the uniserver already have a database of world attributes, 1
more is not gonna hurt after a 5 min conversion to add the extra byte
needed.

technozeus

Mar 11, 2003, 9:19am
There presently is no "not rated" as far as I know, although there probably should be. As for what's closed, those are in grey.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

technozeus

Mar 11, 2003, 3:03pm
To give you an idea of how it will look when AW 3.4 is released, look at the following preliminary help page...

http://host.activeworlds.com/TechnoZeus/aw34/world_list.html

The image on that page doesn't show any closed worlds, but the closed ones are all in grey. I think probably the text of their name should be in grey also, for the sake of people who are color blind, but right now that's not the case.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

defiance

Mar 11, 2003, 3:18pm
hehe..this one is cool

[View Quote]

technozeus

Mar 11, 2003, 3:41pm
I just went in and added an icon to the beginning of each of the first two paragraphs, so if you want to see the shade of grey used for closed worlds, look at the beginning of the second paragraph. Of course, version 3.4 worlds will still have a ratings symbol even when they are closed, but I picked a closed 3.3 world for that particular graphic image rather than having to decide which rating to put there. :)

TechnoZeus

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3e6d0316 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> ummm Dosent the uniserver already have a database of world attributes,
> 1 more is not gonna hurt after a 5 min conversion to add the extra
> byte needed.

Thing is that all the changes made to AW seem to generate ten strange bugs
each... Even the bugfixes make bugs they're meant to fix worse.

well yes... but we have very rarley had uniserver bugs.