Linux (Wishlist)

Linux // Wishlist

1  |

mix master

Feb 28, 2003, 4:21am
It would be great for a lot of people if ActiveWorlds could run on the Linux
platform.

[View Quote] WINE or WineX.

--Bowen--

technozeus

Mar 1, 2003, 6:50am
Well, if you write a litter to Criterion Software, asking them to make a Linux version of RenderWare, perhaps that wish may eventually become a reality. :)

TechnoZeus

"technozeus" <TechnoZeus at usa.net> wrote in
news:3e607441$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well, if you write a litter to Criterion Software, asking them to make
> a Linux version of RenderWare, perhaps that wish may eventually become
> a reality. :)

A litter? LOL
Would be the right way to treat Criterion, RW3 isn't all that good. Since
AWI doesn't mind incredible licensing fees, why don't they go for something
from iD Soft? They're OGL and Linux fans.

KAH

technozeus

Mar 1, 2003, 9:01pm
I meant "letter" actually, but, um... yeah. Hehe.

TZ

[View Quote]

captain mad mike

Mar 30, 2003, 7:31pm
I never got it to work with WINE under Mandrake 9.0...
Probably due to my complete lack of experience with Linux though.

[View Quote] Mmm, make sure it's one of the packages you installed when you first put it on so it
makes sure you get the right dependencies without conflicts. I haven't played with
WINE in Mandrake. If I didn't have a winmodem I'd help you out with that (I have
mandrake but I have no way of testing it with AW's actual connection).