Wish (Wishlist)

Wish // Wishlist

1  |

sk8man1

Dec 21, 2002, 3:31pm
Is it possible to add a zoom thing for freelook mode and the first
person view. Using the mouse wheel for this wouldn't be a bad idea (zooming
in and out at different levels). Also I forgot whether or not this has been
suggested before but a way to allow someone to see what you are seeing in
your 3D Window (including object boxes and such).

Thanks,

-Sk8man1 (346035)

anduin

Dec 21, 2002, 9:27pm
An identity claiming to be known as sk8man1 scribed the following news:3e04a560 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> Is it possible to add a zoom thing for freelook mode and the first
> person view. Using the mouse wheel for this wouldn't be a bad idea (zooming
> in and out at different levels). Also I forgot whether or not this has been
> suggested before but a way to allow someone to see what you are seeing in
> your 3D Window (including object boxes and such).

Hmmm, I like the idea with others being able to see your 3D Window (if you give them permission). Would actually help in teaching people how to build.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

technozeus

Dec 22, 2002, 8:18am
Right now, the closest you can get is to have the person join you, and then join themself. (I know that word isn't considered proper English, but since English doesn't have an acceptable proper word, it'll do.)

You may also want to check my wishlist post entitled "2nd person mode" on Thursday, November 28, where I suggest an addition to the context menu that comes up when you right click on another person's avatar.

About the idea of a 1st person view zoom option, I would like that very much... and also, a wide angle lense option, to see straight up, straight down, straight to the left, straight to the right, and straight ahead, all at the same time.

TechnoZeus

Not always the best way, but works for spying, paintball snippering etc.

Start > Programs > Accessories > Accessability > Magnifier

ryan jacob

Dec 23, 2002, 5:58pm
Don't you have to have the Accessibility features installed for that to
work?

Ryan Jacob

Yeah, but thats about 300k :o

ryan jacob

Dec 24, 2002, 1:46am
300 kilobytes doesn't seem like much compared to today's terabyte and
massive gigabyte harddrives...

Ryan Jacob

[View Quote]

pineriver

Dec 24, 2002, 1:46am
Open Add/Remove Programs properties in Control Panel.
Click the Windows Setup tab, That you can install or remove programs like
that.

[View Quote]

ryan jacob

Dec 24, 2002, 1:47am
I know I have it installed, was just saying that you would need to have it
installed in order for it to work..lol

Ryan Jacob

[Kilo, Mega, Giga, Terra, Exo] Bytes

Gotta love em, lol

- Mark
*Wants a exobyte HD*

[View Quote] I am pretty sure there's only one r in tera. Doesn't terra mean earth?

--Bowen--

ncc 71854

Dec 24, 2002, 10:44am
Correct.