speed bump warps and travel (Wishlist)

speed bump warps and travel // Wishlist

1  |

orb

Nov 25, 2002, 3:07pm
Travel from point to point according to specified x,y and z where the avatar
will be commanded to snap to a vehicle object in which it makes collision
and where the first travel command is written.

[where t=travel r=rotate sv=snap to vehicle]

Therefore the first bump travel command should be written on the sv object.
Thereafter any collision with other bump travel warps without the sv command
will only affect the travel of avatar and initial sv object so as to
continue the snap and traveling until specifying an sv change.

Create sv;Bump t=10 0 0 time=10; next t

next t will cause an open travel statement until collision with next bump t
command object;

bump r=1 0 0 time=4, t=0 5 0, next t

then to end travel;

bump sv off,t end

Flaws are something I'm sure of.

ORB

orb

Nov 25, 2002, 5:15pm
Of course setting speed limits is left to the department of transportation.
(No person shall drive a vehicle...at a speed greater than is reasonable and
prudent...and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons
or property)

Teleporters becoming reality:
http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/auspac/06/17/aust.startrek/

orb

Nov 25, 2002, 5:43pm
http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw31/teleport.html "Note that
short-distance teleports or warps (less than 100 meters horizontally) won't
register in the list of places you can go back to. This is so that the
various warp-driven rollercoasters don't generate a long list of short
teleports, which would make it difficult to get back to the start of the
ride."

The course is set by the builder who decides the path of travel. It's been
that way with warps all along. Otherwise may as well just use an avatar
with a vehicle already attached.

[View Quote]

orb

Nov 25, 2002, 6:04pm
Well that next t thing was really dumb LOL

[View Quote]

ncc 71854

Nov 26, 2002, 11:11am
They named it incorrectly though. The correct term for this kind of action
should be Transporting, not Teleporting.
*fixed it in message file*

[View Quote]

orb

Nov 26, 2002, 4:05pm
[View Quote] ncc71854, Contact http://www.cnn.com/feedback/

Main Entry: tele·port
Pronunciation: 'te-l&-"pOrt, -"port
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: back-formation from teleportation
Date: 1947
: to transfer by teleportation

Main Entry: tele·por·ta·tion
Pronunciation: "te-l&-"pOr-'tA-sh&n, -"por-, -p&r-
Function: noun
Etymology: tele- + transportation
Date: 1931
: the act or process of moving an object or person by psychokinesis

Main Entry: psy·cho·ki·ne·sis
Pronunciation: "sI-kO-k&-'nE-s&s, -kI-
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin
Date: 1914
: movement of physical objects by the mind without use of physical means --
compare
- psy·cho·ki·net·ic /-'ne-tik/ adjective

Had to add this one:

Main Entry: tele·ki·ne·sis Pronunciation: "te-li-k&-'nE-s&s, -kI- Function:
noun Etymology: New Latin Date: 1890 : the production of motion in objects
(as by a spiritualistic medium) without contact or other physical means -
tele·ki·net·ic /-'ne-tik/ adjective - tele·ki·net·i·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/
adverb

Main Entry: la·ser
Pronunciation: 'lA-z&r
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation
Date: 1960
: a device that utilizes the natural oscillations of atoms or molecules
between energy levels for generating coherent electromagnetic radiation
usually in the ultraviolet, visible, or infrared regions of the spectrum

Main Entry: trans·port·er
Pronunciation: tran(t)s-'pOr-t&r, -'por-, 'tran(t)s-"
Function: noun
Date: 1535
: one that transports ; especially : a vehicle for transporting large or
heavy loads

Main Entry: 1trans·port
Pronunciation: tran(t)s-'pOrt, -'port, 'tran(t)s-"
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French
transporter, from Latin transportare, from trans- + portare to carry -- more
at
Date: 14th century
1 : to transfer or convey from one place to another <transporting ions
across a living membrane>
2 : to carry away with strong and often intensely pleasant emotion
3 : to send to a penal colony overseas
synonym see BANISH
- trans·port·abil·i·ty /(")tran(t)s-"pOr-t&-'bi-l&-tE, -"por-/ noun
- trans·port·able /tran(t)s-'pOr-t&-b&l, -'por-/ adjective

Note: It stands to reason that we will not allow computers to have a mind of
their own, however we do allow them to think for us. This is where we have
trouble distinguishing between terms relating to our human mind and the
prcesses of the computer which is a device. Someone needs to email Webster.

orb

Nov 26, 2002, 4:24pm
The dictionary entries in my previous post was taken from www.webster.com

ORB

orb

------=_NextPart_000_009E_01C2954F.C71B3800

[View Quote] > Note: It stands to reason that we will not allow computers to have a =
mind of
> their own, however we do allow them to think for us. This is where we =
have
> trouble distinguishing between terms relating to our human mind and =
the
> prcesses of the computer which is a device. Someone needs to email =
Webster.

It's interesting to look at the dates in which the words and definitions =
originated in.

Adding a few more entries from www.webster.com

Main Entry: com=B7pute Pronunciation: k&m-'py=FCt
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): com=B7put=B7ed; com=B7put=B7ing
Etymology: Latin computare
Date: 1616
transitive senses : to determine especially by mathematical means =
<compute your income tax>; also : to determine or calculate by means of =
a computer=20
intransitive senses
1 : to make calculation : RECKON
2 : to use a computer=20

Main Entry: com=B7put=B7er=20
Pronunciation: k&m-'py=FC-t&r
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Date: 1646
: one that computes; specifically : a programmable electronic device =
that can store, retrieve, and process data
- com=B7put=B7er=B7dom /-d&m/ noun
- com=B7put=B7er=B7less -l&s/ adjective
- com=B7put=B7er=B7like /-"lIk/ adjective=20

------=_NextPart_000_009E_01C2954F.C71B3800

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT size=3D3>"orb" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:Sharon at my.activeworlds.com"><FONT=20
size=3D3>Sharon at my.activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT size=3D3>&gt; wrote =
in=20
message<BR></FONT><A =
href=3D"news:3de276d9 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT=20
size=3D3>news:3de276d9 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
size=3D3>...</FONT><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Note: It stands to reason that we will not allow computers to =
have a=20
mind of<BR>&gt; their own, however we do allow them to think for =
us.&nbsp; This=20
is where we have<BR>&gt; trouble distinguishing between terms relating =
to our=20
human mind and the<BR>&gt; prcesses of the computer which is a =
device.&nbsp;=20
Someone needs to email Webster.</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It's interesting to look at the dates in which the words and =
definitions=20
originated in.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Adding a few more entries from <A=20
href=3D"http://www.webster.com">www.webster.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Main Entry: com=B7pute Pronunciation: k&amp;m-'py=FCt<BR>Function:=20
verb<BR>Inflected Form(s): com=B7put=B7ed; com=B7put=B7ing<BR>Etymology: =
Latin=20
computare<BR>Date: 1616<BR>transitive senses : to determine especially =
by=20
mathematical means &lt;compute your income tax&gt;; also : to determine =
or=20
calculate by means of a computer <BR>intransitive senses<BR>1 : to make=20
calculation : RECKON<BR>2 : to use a computer </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Main Entry: com=B7put=B7er <BR>Pronunciation: =
k&amp;m-'py=FC-t&amp;r<BR>Function:=20
noun<BR>Usage: often attributive<BR>Date: 1646<BR>: <FONT =
color=3D#0000ff>one that=20
computes</FONT>; specifically : a programmable electronic device that =
can store,=20
retrieve, and process data<BR>- com=B7put=B7er=B7dom /-d&amp;m/ =
noun<BR>-=20
com=B7put=B7er=B7less -l&amp;s/ adjective<BR>- com=B7put=B7er=B7like =
/-"lIk/ adjective=20
<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009E_01C2954F.C71B3800--

ncc 71854

------=_NextPart_000_00EB_01C29590.438341E0

Computers exist since 1646 already? ROFLMAO

Date: 1646
: one that computes; specifically : a programmable electronic device =
that can store, retrieve, and process data
- com=B7put=B7er=B7dom /-d&m/ noun
- com=B7put=B7er=B7less -l&s/ adjective
- com=B7put=B7er=B7like /-"lIk/ adjective=20

------=_NextPart_000_00EB_01C29590.438341E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#0080f6>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Computers exist since 1646 already?=20
ROFLMAO</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"orb" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:Sharon at my.activeworlds.com">Sharon at my.activeworlds.com</A>=
&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_00EB_01C29590.438341E0--

orb

------=_NextPart_000_0133_01C29562.078FE680

ncc71854,

The Age of the computer.

http://library.thinkquest.org/22522/

ORB
------=_NextPart_000_0133_01C29562.078FE680

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#0080f6>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>ncc71854,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>The Age of the computer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://library.thinkquest.org/22522/">http://library.thinkquest.o=
rg/22522/</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>ORB</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0133_01C29562.078FE680--

technozeus

Nov 29, 2002, 3:12am
Yes, and dish washers were around back in the stone age... and worked for very reasonable wages. :)

TechnoZeus