Built-in land surveyer and builder (Wishlist)

Built-in land surveyer and builder // Wishlist

1  |

felix2001

Jan 30, 2001, 1:12am
3.1 should have a built-in land surveyor so that you can save land without
bots (which aren't allowed in many worlds anyway.) The surveyer could give
you different views of the land, and you could also get a 2D view where you
drag the cursor and select all the land in a cell. Then you can save it and
build it again. I know this is possible, because once I was building and
ActiveWorlds messed up and moved a lot of my land up 30 meters for no
reason. (of course, I wasn't a tourist either.)

foxmccloud

Jan 30, 2001, 2:23am
There won't be any new features in 3.1 ! it's already being beta tested....

Fox Mc Cloud

"felix2001" <homeworkkid at msn.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a76312c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> 3.1 should have a built-in land surveyor so that you can save land without
> bots (which aren't allowed in many worlds anyway.) The surveyer could give
> you different views of the land, and you could also get a 2D view where
you
> drag the cursor and select all the land in a cell. Then you can save it
and
> build it again. I know this is possible, because once I was building and
> ActiveWorlds messed up and moved a lot of my land up 30 meters for no
> reason. (of course, I wasn't a tourist either.)

joeman

Jan 30, 2001, 11:09am
This would require lots of work, smetimes even redisigning activeworlds in
some point. I dont think this will ever get in.... and this wont work,
someone could save someone elses whole world, and build it back in thier
world, copying that persons work.

~Joeman

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Jan 30, 2001, 10:24pm
sounds great.. but i don't think the current AW staff has the ability for
it..

--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

j b e l l

Jan 30, 2001, 10:26pm
...yeah.. that too.. see how great AW is? saving us from torment simply by
excluding a great feature.. gee.. they must be a better company then i
thought! (yes, that is a hint of sarcasm you hear)

--
J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

captain mad mike

Feb 1, 2001, 7:59pm
I think it could float, sorda. Basically it could use the same method as the
Vevo does. And if a Vevo map of a 36000x36000 world is 5GB, a Vevo map for a
world thats 100x100 max would be like 10MB-1GB (someone do the math, I'm
lazy :P )

--
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |

lanezeri

Feb 1, 2001, 8:02pm
OR.. it could be a feature for certain people.. like only who has the
rights.. that way the owner can pick who can survey the world

rolu

Feb 2, 2001, 10:45am
Vevo has several zooms, but most of them are way too large to make sense for
a small world, so you can leave them out. On the other hand, you could put a
few more in on the other side. If your largest zoom uses 5 pixels per cell,
you only have a picture 500x500 pixels. Size depends on how much is in your
world, but it wouldn't be more than a few 100kb's. You could also do a 1 or
2 pixel/cell thumbnail view, and maybe a 25pixel/cell zoom, which would be
2500x2500 pixels, a megabyte or so.

Rolu