Background (Wishlist)

Background // Wishlist

1  |

methus

Apr 26, 2000, 11:20pm
I think we need some sort of color matcher like the one in paintshop.
Because it is very hard to match the right colors on world backgrounds.
Thats what I wish for.....

the wanderer

Apr 27, 2000, 12:32pm
no at spam.com (methus) wrote in <390792E2.A6AA0F78 at spam.com>:

>I think we need some sort of color matcher like the one in paintshop.
>Because it is very hard to match the right colors on world backgrounds.
>Thats what I wish for.....

Here's what I do: Open the backdrop file in any decent graphics program (I
use Paint Shop Pro) and use the program's color picker to select the color
at the top of the image. Note the settings and then use the world settings
dialog to put those same settings in and viola! colors match. While it
would be easier for the user to add a color picker, why have Roland waste
his time on something that can be easily done currently instead of spending
his time on actually improving the browser like giving the ability to hide
that blasted green check mark (HINT HINT HINT).

--

The Wanderer
Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

methus

May 2, 2000, 1:44am
Nah, I still think the browser needs it. Im gonna spend money on a graphics
program just to match colors, I think ROLAND should spend his time wisely and
consider both our wishes.

[View Quote] > no at spam.com (methus) wrote in <390792E2.A6AA0F78 at spam.com>:

> Here's what I do: Open the backdrop file in any decent graphics program (I
> use Paint Shop Pro) and use the program's color picker to select the color
> at the top of the image. Note the settings and then use the world settings
> dialog to put those same settings in and viola! colors match. While it
> would be easier for the user to add a color picker, why have Roland waste
> his time on something that can be easily done currently instead of spending
> his time on actually improving the browser like giving the ability to hide
> that blasted green check mark (HINT HINT HINT).
>
> --
>
> The Wanderer
> Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

eep

May 2, 2000, 6:33am
I would be happy if AW's world options remembered custom colors instead of resetting them all to black every time AW restarts...

And even better would be to link background colors to certain background pics so I don't have to go manually reentering the colors...

[View Quote] > Nah, I still think the browser needs it. Im gonna spend money on a graphics
> program just to match colors, I think ROLAND should spend his time wisely and
> consider both our wishes.

[View Quote] --
http://tnlc.com/eep/ - Active Worlds, Tomb Raider, 3D game comparison, The Sims
Enable line/word wrap if text not wrapping.

the wanderer

May 2, 2000, 4:14pm
no at spam.com (methus) wrote in <390E4C68.7DCD3654 at spam.com>:

>Nah, I still think the browser needs it. Im gonna spend money on a
>graphics program just to match colors, I think ROLAND should spend his
>time wisely and consider both our wishes.

[View Quote] Of course you don't have to buy a graphics program to have a color picker,
paint (which is included in Windows already) has a very functional color
picker.

--

eep at tnlc.com (eep) wrote in <390E8E50.9DD9C5E8 at tnlc.com>:

>I would be happy if AW's world options remembered custom colors instead
>of resetting them all to black every time AW restarts...

Indeed that would be nice.