methus // User Search

1  |

ANSI C++

Jun 18, 2000, 6:55pm
I was wondering where most of the people who know C++ got their start
from. I would like to learn this language and possibly develop a bot
later on. I already purchased Visual C++ 6.0 and a book that will teach
me the basic of the program. Now I need the programming knowledge to
use it :-)...

Is it possible...

Apr 15, 2000, 10:12pm
I wish that somehow we could stream music and play mp3s in the new
browser that help keep the space way down on my object path and take
less time to download

Background

Apr 26, 2000, 11:20pm
I think we need some sort of color matcher like the one in paintshop.
Because it is very hard to match the right colors on world backgrounds.
Thats what I wish for.....

Background

May 2, 2000, 1:44am
Nah, I still think the browser needs it. Im gonna spend money on a graphics
program just to match colors, I think ROLAND should spend his time wisely and
consider both our wishes.

[View Quote] > no at spam.com (methus) wrote in <390792E2.A6AA0F78 at spam.com>:

> Here's what I do: Open the backdrop file in any decent graphics program (I
> use Paint Shop Pro) and use the program's color picker to select the color
> at the top of the image. Note the settings and then use the world settings
> dialog to put those same settings in and viola! colors match. While it
> would be easier for the user to add a color picker, why have Roland waste
> his time on something that can be easily done currently instead of spending
> his time on actually improving the browser like giving the ability to hide
> that blasted green check mark (HINT HINT HINT).
>
> --
>
> The Wanderer
> Travel Well and may your Journeys be safe!

Open Source Development

Jun 13, 2000, 4:39am
This is probably my biggest wish of all...I hope that maybe one day
AWCOM will let atleast the browser application be open source. I think
that would relieve alot of the problems they have with slow and low
feature software devolpment. This would take alot off the shoulders of
HamFon and Roland. But it looks like Ill have to work on this wish
because of some of the security protocals involved ;-\.....

Open Source Development

Jun 14, 2000, 5:44pm
Well, I think open source is the best thing that AW would ever see if it were implemented and I agree
100% with what zzed has been saying all along.

[View Quote] [View Quote]

No Limits

Jun 15, 2000, 1:41am
Well this is another wish I have...I wish that AWCOM would allow us to
bring more bots in the Active Worlds Universe. I especially have this
problem when I bring in Bird Bot due to the fact that it brings in 3
seperate bots at one time. Which is the usuall citizen's limit. Why
limit it in the first place? I see no valid reason to limit a PAYING
citizens bots. I hope maybe they will finally allow us to have any
number of bots we have. One reason I think AWCOM does this is to get
some people to buy another citizenship to allow themselves to have 6
limit instead of 3. In turn they make more of a profit. Im not sure if
anyone else agrees with this wish but it has been on my mind for awhile
now.

Fullscreen Idea

Jun 17, 2000, 6:45pm
Well as I was using Internet Explorer and put it on Fullscreen mode I
realized that the same concept that Internet Explorer uses could be
implemented on AW Browser as well. The menus could slide down when ever
needed and hide when not in use. Also the chat screen could be a
perhaps transparent like on some games so you dont loose complete sight
of whats there. Or they could use voice talking technology as well...
Well thats the idea, I hope they use it someday ;-)

AW GUI Idea

Jul 20, 2001, 12:25am
Do you know if he has made any attempt to do so?

[View Quote] > That was my idea as well which I suggested to Roland. The little tabs on the
> side would roll out when you put your mouse on them.

AW GUI Idea

Jul 20, 2001, 7:29am
Keep in mind I used a screenshot from 2.2 for the edit so it's missing some stuff, it was just
to give an idea of some of the possibilities...

[View Quote] > 1) Nice edit
> 2) This belongs in the wishlist NG, but not community
> 3) In the future, please post a link instead of a graphic
> 4) The web tab button is missing because.... (Pressing it could kick you out of fullscreen)?
> 5) The tabs are enabled because.... ?

[View Quote]

Future

Jun 18, 2000, 8:30pm
I was looking in the wishlist newsgroup and I came upon several wishes
that people had that would make the AW experience even better.
Hopefully things like complete fullscreen and smoother 3D enviroments
will come along. I was kinda hoping one day AW will would be a little
like Everquest or Tomb Raider, both having interactive 3D enviroments
that seem more realistic. But for now I think its getting better with
the new 3.0 version.

To Whom It May Concern... [long!]

Jul 20, 2001, 1:17am
E. Robert Gonzalez